Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 09:29 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,474,269 times

Advertisements

Something is fishy about this story. Why would they leave the mother alive? The one person that can identify them? There is definitely more to this story and we will find out in the coming days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2013, 09:46 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Gun control? yeah that's the ticket.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:48 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
Something is fishy about this story. Why would they leave the mother alive? The one person that can identify them? There is definitely more to this story and we will find out in the coming days.

Obviously youve never dealt with common criminals especially juveniles. Not exactly honor roll material.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:54 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
OMG...seriously?

First of all, let me say I feel nothing but sympathy for the mother and those who loved the child. I hope that all involved in the murder of an innocent child get exactly what they deserve and that justice is served. I have faith that it will be one way or another.

Now to address your classless, tacky and unnecessary comment. Only one who prejudges on the grounds of race would say such a thing. No one takes issue with anyone who says that a criminal deserves to be punished, whether the criminal is black ir not. We take issue with those who, without knowing the details about a person or incident, make assumptions and accusations because someone is black. There is a difference and those of us who are not bigots know it. Those who do not know the difference are bigots and are constantly accusing anyone who calls them on it of playing the race card. No matter how many times you use the term or insinuate that blacks liberals are racist and white liberals are suffering from white guilt, your slip is showing and we hear your dog whistle.

Can you give your condolences or ask for justice without race-baiting when the criminal is black? Perhaps it is your own disregard for the life of a black baby that allowed you to be so rude. If the child was white I would feel the same - that's the thing about NOT being a bigot, you respect all human life and wish the same for all people. Would you say the same thing if the baby and murders where white? Obviously not.
I would suggest you look for the dozens of other threads existing on horrific crimes. You will find page after page of posts from a handful of posters suggesting that those that demand justice and punishment of the criminals (when the criminals are A-A) are nothing but racists, and that there motivation is to have a black (excuse me, African American) locked up or executed. There is no demand for justice when the perp is AA, rather simply attempts to excuse the act. I am simply trying to respect their opinion. OK, and perhaps point out their bigotry and hyprocasy with a little friendly sarcasm.

Oh, and what are you talking about with regards to the "life of a black baby"? From what I saw of the article, the victim IS white. Not that it makes any difference. To me, regardless of the race of the perpetrators or the victim, the perps deserve to die a terrible, painful death.

Old 03-22-2013, 09:56 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post

I agree. Why would they kill the baby and shoot the mother in the leg? Most robbers want money, not to kill people who have nothing to do with them. It sounds like someone put a hit out on the baby and shot the mother in the leg to make it look good. There is always a robbery, an injury and nothing missing in these cases. I wonder how much money they took from her and why would someone rob a mother pushing a baby as if they are going to get a lot of cash? When I took my children on walks, most of the time I had very little or no cash at all.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:00 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I agree. Why would they kill the baby and shoot the mother in the leg? Most robbers want money, not to kill people who have nothing to do with them. It sounds like someone put a hit out on the baby and shot the mother in the leg to make it look good. There is always a robbery, an injury and nothing missing in these cases. I wonder how much money they took from her and why would someone rob a mother pushing a baby as if they are going to get a lot of cash? When I took my children on walks, most of the time I had very little or no cash at all.
if you would bother to actually read the story, the mother had no money to give them, which upset them greatly..

Old 03-22-2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I would suggest you look for the dozens of other threads existing on horrific crimes. You will find page after page of posts from a handful of posters suggesting that those that demand justice and punishment of the criminals (when the criminals are A-A) are nothing but racists, and that there motivation is to have a black (excuse me, African American) locked up or executed. There is no demand for justice when the perp is AA, rather simply attempts to excuse the act. I am simply trying to respect their opinion. OK, and perhaps point out their bigotry and hyprocasy with a little friendly sarcasm.
What are you talking about? I have been here long enough and I do not see those threads. If you are referring to Shannon Newsome and her husband (whose name I can't recall), no one said that anyone was racist for wanting their murderers punished, in fact most people agreed that they should be I did not see anyone defending the murderers or calling anyone racist. If you are referring to Trayvon Martin, he was not committing any crime and he was murdered. If you are referring to the countless threads about murders and gang violence in Chicago, no one is defending the murderers, but there are people that take issue with the usual group of posters who want to blame all blacks in the US for the actions of a few.

No one thinks that people are racist for demanding that criminals get punished. People are called racist because they are. Please show me one post where a KNOWN black murderer was defended and people were called racist for demanding justice.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
if you would bother to actually read the story, the mother had no money to give them, which upset them greatly..

Okay, so I missed that, but I did click your link and read. People get mugged all the time and sometimes have no money, but it still doesn't result in murder. It is still suspicious that the baby was killed and the mother was shot in the leg. Yes it's possible that the murderer shot the baby because he is an evil socio-path, but if that's the case, why did he shoot the mother in the leg and let her live? She saw them - why would any criminal let an eye-witness go after killing a child in front of them?

I have heard similar stories and most of them are found to be pre-meditated and the non-lethal injury was part of the plan. I don't know what kind of neighborhood they live in, but a robbery on the street in the morning, in which a baby is killed and the mother shot in the leg just doesn't sound right. If it was money they wanted, wouldn't they have at least gone in her pocket or taken her purse (if she had one on her)? When people steal cars with children in them, they usually let the child out somewhere, they don't kill them. It seems that it was not money they were after, but to kill this child.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:22 AM

23,550 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Like the fading print media, lack of subscriptions to legislated behavior spells the doom for the justice system and the people it pretends to protect and serve.

Pass all the laws you want, if the perps don't pick up a subscription no one is safe.

Our legislators will have the rest of us locked in cells, implanted with computer chips... all for our own good.

Meanwhile, roaming wild and free, are the 'children' gang members and professional criminals. Average gang member is 15 yrs old... that means there are plenty of younger gang members formerly called 'children'. The gangs follow the strategy of the African rebels who conscript little kids to do all the killing as their morals and ethics have not yet formed.

Sure take away the guns and you did absolutely nothing to address the problem of violence.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:24 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Going out on a limb here, but I'm willing to bet the daddy did not want to be a daddy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies