Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 02:50 PM

602 posts, read 575,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That is not the point. The point is when alot of people bring up Blacks committing murder without bringing up that Blacks are often the #1 victim of such murders, that is a sign that the point of such a statement is to justify prejudice against Blacks.

Good point. I'll agree with that

Old 03-26-2013, 02:50 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,885,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Ah, yes, all of your threads are for the betterment of humanity. Sorry, Smitty, but there isn't anyone here, poster or lurker, who buys that crap. At least be honest about it, this is just another thread you created to bash blacks. We all know it anyway.

You liberals are funny. THis thread is about showing that 80 percent of shooting in this country are gang related..you know the same stats that you liberals mix in with other gun deaths to try to discredit gun ownership in America despite it being a Constitutional Right. The stats dont lie. Certain races and heritages are much more predisposed to violence than others, mostly because of lack of family structure at the core. Instead of attacking that structure in a positive manner to better it and holding your own to account, you cower at the thought and call others racist who post a stat from a credible national organization. It's easier to turn your back and attack law abiding people.

Old 03-26-2013, 02:51 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,962,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samcrow2 View Post
The point is blacks do most of the crimes. They whine like scalded apes about having so many blacks in prisons but they do most of the crime. Then they wonder why no one want them in the neighborhood.
do scalded apes really whine? I would imagine if an ape were scalded, then that would be a very painful proposition...don't you think? so whining probably wouldn't be their first natural reaction...dont you think?

When you were concocting this senario in your brain...were you tossing hot liquid on them form outside thier cage or were you close enough for them to possibly rip your face off? Because if you were close enough for them to possibly rip your face off...I would go with them most likely to ripping your face off instead of whining.

Old 03-26-2013, 02:54 PM

73,177 posts, read 62,867,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
I'm not saying we shouldn't care about certain victims. We should care about all victims. I mentioned the Black victimization rate because judging by the way this thread was written, the message might have been "Black people are a menace to society, avoid them all".

Old 03-26-2013, 02:55 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,849,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolymerMan View Post
But what difference does it make who is murdered? Is it more justifiable that one group is murdered compared to other groups? Why is saying black people are more likely to murder racist but saying black people are more likely to murder and be murdered is not racist.

Old 03-26-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
do scalded apes really whine? I would imagine if an ape were scalded, then that would be a very painful proposition...don't you think? so whining probably wouldn't be their first natural reaction...dont you think?

When you were concocting this senario in your brain...were you tossing hot liquid on them form outside thier cage or were you close enough for them to possibly rip your face off? Because if you were close enough for them to possibly rip your face off...I would go with them most likely to ripping your face off instead of whining.
An even more important question is this: Why did he make a reference to apes when he was talking about Blacks?

Old 03-26-2013, 02:56 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,464,012 times
Quote:
But why else would anyone bring it up other than to bash Blacks? I've seen this before. There are people who truly don't want Blacks around whether or not they are decent or not, and people use statistics to justify their attitude.
I don't get the logic here. Whatever the OPs motives how are facts racist?

Old 03-26-2013, 02:57 PM

3,879 posts, read 8,396,835 times
Quote:
An even more important question is this: Why did he make a reference to apes when he was talking about Blacks?

Yeah. I couldn't help but to notice that too.

Old 03-26-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
But what difference does it make who is murdered? Is it more justifiable that one group is murdered compared to other groups?
Consider this. The way the first post was written, it was like the OP was trying to say "Blacks are coming for your children, hide them all, avoid all Blacks". That is why the Black on Black murder statistic is brought up. It was brought up because it seems like this thread was started as a way of saying "Blacks are a threat to society". It is not considered what segment of the Black population commits the majority of the murders, or who gets murdered the most.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:01 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,885,990 times
Quote:
Consider this. The way the first post was written, it was like the OP was trying to say "Blacks are coming for your children, hide them all, avoid all Blacks". That is why the Black on Black murder statistic is brought up. It was brought up because it seems like this thread was started as a way of saying "Blacks are a threat to society". It is not considered what segment of the Black population commits the majority of the murders, or who gets murdered the most.

Deflection. Excuses. Sad..sad..sad... Why dont use ask the CDC why they posted such data? Or why dont you do something to help rectify that stat of violence. Instead point and and blame others..You'll accomplish nothing that way!

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-26-2013 at 03:21 PM.. Reason: language
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies