Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 03:02 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I don't get the logic here. Whatever the OPs motives how are facts racist?
It is how those facts are used, and the agenda behind it. I can talk about crime issues within the Black community with other persons on this forum because it is being discussed in the context of which segment of the Black population is doing the crime, who is getting murdered the most, the causes, the solution, the history behind many things. In this thread, it is being presented as "Blacks are a threat to society, avoid them all".

It isn't only what you say, but how you say it. If you come at me in an attitude of arrogance and callousness, I'm not going to want to discuss anything with you. I'm going to question your motives. There is a difference between tough love and being arrogant.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:03 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
An even more important question is this: Why did he make a reference to apes when he was talking about Blacks?

It didnt slip by me...thats way I posted.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Deflection. Excuses. Sad..sad..sad... Why dont use ask the CDC why they posted such data? Or why dont you do something to help rectify that stat of violence. Instead point and and blame others..You'll accomplish nothing that way!
Presenting the situation the way you did won't help either. All it will do is alienate people. You never said who most of the homicide victims are. I never denied that there are alot of murders committed by Black men. I also mention that most of the victims are Black, and that most of the Black population has nothing to do with these crimes. You seem to care very little about who the homicide victims are, but you care alot about who is committing those homicides. By failing to bring up the fact that Blacks get murdered the most, it tells me you don't care that Blacks get killed more than anyone else, but that you only care that Blacks are committing alot of murders. Did you ever consider which segment of the Black population commits the murders? It isn't Theo Huxtable that's for sure.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-26-2013 at 03:21 PM..

Old 03-26-2013, 03:10 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
CDC statistics.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/dvs/dea...10_release.pdf

Quote:
CDC:Victims of homicide 10times more likely to be shot by black person than a white
Oddly enough, no main stream media outlet, other than right wing propaganda websites are reporting this as being factual. Which to me means that someone who reviewed the CDC stats twisted or misinterpreted the CDC findings.

I browsed over the CDC stats, and it does not make the claim the OP linked a story to. Maybe the writers of this story was going by this example taken out of context:
Quote:
Number of deaths and death rates by Hispanic origin,
and then misinterpreted as being
Quote:
by
a specific group of people.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:11 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,881,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've noticed something else. I don't see you bringing forth any solutions. Or better yet, you haven't discussed the causes of violence among poor Blacks living in the inner city. I bring that up because that is where alot of murders take place.

Discipline and upbringing. There , thats your solution. 70 plus percentage born out of wedlock. It's that simple.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:12 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,925 times
The story is primarily about suicides. Suicides by white people, I'm thinking.

Quote:
While there is some discussion in the Post article about gun deaths by homicide, the story focuses primarily on guns used in cases of suicide. The paper's underlying themes seem clear: More guns equals more suicides, and, if we just had fewer guns we'd have fewer suicides.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
Yeah. I couldn't help but to notice that too.
I think we both know why, but said person won't come out and say it.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
It didnt slip by me...thats way I posted.
I know this. I wanted you to think about this. Further more, I should have asked that person himself why he said what he said.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
The CDC is a credible organization, I am just the messenger. If facts hurt you you don't have to listen to them.

Where the plan johnny?

Old 03-26-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
And just think how many more gun owners are white instead of black! If blacks were as populous in this nation and had the same amount of firearms as whites , victims of homicides would be 100 times more likely to be shot by blacks. And you liberals swine want to come after law abiding citizens. You people disgust me!
where's the plan johnny?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies