Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2013, 06:55 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,993 times

Advertisements

Mainly because of their race.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:57 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,060,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvocatusCenturion View Post
It's not having dark skin, most whites I know are 'racist' because of the way most of them act.
When the majority of your people act a certain way and tend to do certain things more than others.. one has a right to be reasonably suspicious. This suspicion might seem racist but one cannot be blamed for not taking that risk.
Racism is obviously genetic to a major extent.

Old 04-12-2013, 07:35 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times
Africans Americans are still discriminated against in 2013? Had no idea

Old 04-13-2013, 02:19 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,485,829 times
Quote:
es, I'm aware that blacks had slaves, but no where in history was the brutality and post affects felt more than in American slavery.
REALLY? ...Even in the Middle East and Africa itself, TODAY...as we speak?

I think you make stuff up!

Old 04-13-2013, 06:16 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Hmm, first of all indentured servants would not have done want the slaves were forced to do and they (other whites in authority) would not let whites be treated less than farm animals. With Europe's demand for cotton and tobacco quotas would not have been met and plantations would have failed. Secondly, you mentioned paid labor consider the cost of paid labor to the cost of FREE labor there is a big difference! An economist would be able to give up statistics but I found an interesting article.
Slavery and American Economic Development | Economic …

I ran across this bit of information that I was never aware of regarding the revolution as well
The Development of America - AtheistsforPeace.net

I think that this answers your question better
Was slavery the engine of American economic growth? | The …

Thanks for the question I learned some interesting facts
Oh, I absolutely agree slavery made cotten and tobacco etc more profitable , all I am saying is had slavery not existed, plantation owners would have had to pay people to do it and no one would have been the wiser. Funny thing is, paid workers probably would have been treated almost as badly (no labor laws), the only difference is, they would have had a choice to stay or leave.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:05 AM

Quote:
The caste system which has been long abolished is nothing compared to slavery and the decades of mistreatment by racial injustice. Plus need I remind you that they were never separated from their religion/culture either.
Quote:
That is a major problem why black american kids act the way that they do now.
And what is that behavior exactly, I guess you picked up on it also, but we as whites are not supposed to notice or critisize? Hmmm? I believe it is more of a problem than you like to admit.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Hmm, first of all indentured servants would not have done want the slaves were forced to do and they (other whites in authority) would not let whites be treated less than farm animals. With Europe's demand for cotton and tobacco quotas would not have been met and plantations would have failed. Secondly, you mentioned paid labor consider the cost of paid labor to the cost of FREE labor there is a big difference! An economist would be able to give up statistics but I found an interesting article.
Slavery and American Economic Development | Economic …

I ran across this bit of information that I was never aware of regarding the revolution as well
The Development of America - AtheistsforPeace.net

I think that this answers your question better
Was slavery the engine of American economic growth? | The …

Thanks for the question I learned some interesting facts
The second link, Development of America, was a little historically incorrect, here is a link that is a little more unbias....

The Founding Fathers and Slavery (Founding Fathers) -- Encyclopedia Britannica

Old 04-13-2013, 09:00 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborgt800 View Post
REALLY? ...Even in the Middle East and Africa itself, TODAY...as we speak?

I think you make stuff up!
Do you think that all Arabs are black? Because they are the ones they are heavily involved in modern day slave trade

Old 04-13-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
The second link, Development of America, was a little historically incorrect, here is a link that is a little more unbias....

The Founding Fathers and Slavery (Founding Fathers) -- Encyclopedia Britannica
I used it in reference to how invaluable slavery was to the growth of this country economically

Old 04-13-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
And what is that behavior exactly, I guess you picked up on it also, but we as whites are not supposed to notice or critisize? Hmmm? I believe it is more of a problem than you like to admit.
No, but negative behavior is share by all ethnicities, but for some reason the actions of a few blacks reflects on all of them which does not happen to any other group. Now why is that? Even on CD what ethnicity is more demonized more than blacks?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies