Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 06:52 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times

Advertisements

That liberals find this conscionable tells me everything I need to know about their moral compass, or lack thereof.

Liberalism is a sick, disgusting, vile, and putrid ideology at its very core.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:53 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
That liberals find this conscionable tells me everything I need to know about their moral compass, or lack thereof.

Liberalism is a sick, disgusting, vile, and putrid ideology at its very core.
Learning the proper names for body parts is vile?
Please.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:00 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by butkus51 View Post
You do understand the difference between leaching anatomy and teaching the missionary position. Don't you?
I put up the link to the CPS site discussing this.
Can you show me where they are teaching missionary position in kindergarten?

Old 04-02-2013, 07:04 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,021,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I put up the link to the CPS site discussing this.
Can you show me where they are teaching missionary position in kindergarten?
Thats not gonna happen.....

Old 04-02-2013, 07:35 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,585,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
I beg to differ. I have a kid in kindergarten, and they learn about a wide range of topics - they're also completely fascinated by body parts. So kindergarten is an excellent time to introduce the proper and respectful discussion of said parts. There's nothing wrong with biology, it's neither perverse nor immoral. The less mystifying the better, IMHO.
Fine, then the parents should teach their children, not the school. Kindergarten is too young for having teachers telling kids this kind of stuff. How would they do it, separate them by sex? Otherwise it's going to cause lots of embarrassment. And are they going to start confusing the kids with their BS about "gender identity," telling them it's perfectly normal to feel like you're a little girl trapped in a boy's body, or that boys wearing dresses or leggings is perfectly fine?

They're already mandating separate bathrooms/locker rooms for kids with gender identity issues in Massachusetts. Is that really a problem worth spending hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars retrofitting schools to accommodate these kids? Are there that many kids identifying as another gender? If so, something's very wrong with their parents.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Starting in kindergarten, students will begin to learn about the family, feelings and appropriate and inappropriate touching. Fourth-graders will begin to learn about puberty, and the physical, social and emotional changes that go with it, as well as the causes and transmission of HIV.
Older students in grades five through 12 will learn age-appropriate lessons on human reproduction, transmission and prevention of HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted diseases, contraception, including abstinence, and more, the district said.
New CPS Sex Ed Program Would Start Early, Address Sexual Orientation - DNAinfo.com Chicago

Where are any sexual positions being discussed with kindergartners?

Old 04-02-2013, 08:13 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
From your link

Oh no! children will learn the proper names for body parts. It will be the downfall of this country!
My son knew the correct names for all of his body parts before kindergarten. What's the big deal?
Did they know about reproduction also? There was a bit more to the article than kindergartners learning the proper names for the portions of their anatomy.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:13 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mask View Post
So when will oral sex, anal sex and mutual masturbation sessions be taught, second or third grade? We just know the parents will be too prudish to teach them about these things, and somebody has to do it.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Did they know about reproduction also? There was a bit more to the article than kindergartners learning the proper names for the portions of their anatomy.
My youngest grew up on a farm, so he did know about reproduction.

My oldest had mice when she was young, they had babies, and the basics were explained to her. There are age appropriate ways to explain these things.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:26 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,395,954 times
I am sure the brilliant, unionized teachers in Chicago will do as fine a job with this as they do teaching other subjects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.