Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2013, 10:47 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,656,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
If you truly believe this garbage, I'll be sure to ignore your begging when someday you NEED protection, be it from your government or the crackhead down the street.

Because a person that uses the death of children to promote their flawed and unconstitutional grab for guns that didn't CAUSE this shooting is not human.
Nothing emotional or illogical about this post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 10:52 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Nothing emotional or illogical about this post.
Ya know, it's funny how my parents, and my grandparents, and my great-grandparents ad infinitum managed to live their entire lives here in the US -- including the disastrous Great Depression -- and no one ever once threatened their lives or made them run for guns to protect themselves.

Maybe these gun perverts really do believe in the walking dead. That scenario is just as likely as any of the stupid crap they make up to explain their need for "self-defense."

Personally I think "self-defense" is a euphemism for something else. Kinda like "hiking the Appalachian trail."

Old 04-03-2013, 10:55 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,996 times
Default Connecticut - passes emotional, illogical ammo/gun laws

<sigh>

Yes, politicians will give in to knee-jerk public opinion, even if the resulting legislation is badly flawed. They'd rather not lead and face voters' angst.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:58 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,829,035 times
Quote:
But several gun-owners on here have said repeatedly that there is nothing special about a weapon with high-capacity magazine, that anyone can do as much damage with other types of guns, so would a high-capacity magazine weapon be needed in those situations or in any other?
If their is nothing special about standard capacity magazines then why ban them?
Why infringe on civil rights for no reason.
Again, why does this make sense to you

Old 04-03-2013, 11:01 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,829,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Ya know, it's funny how my parents, and my grandparents, and my great-grandparents ad infinitum managed to live their entire lives here in the US -- including the disastrous Great Depression -- and no one ever once threatened their lives or made them run for guns to protect themselves.

Maybe these gun perverts really do believe in the walking dead. That scenario is just as likely as any of the stupid crap they make up to explain their need for "self-defense."

Personally I think "self-defense" is a euphemism for something else. Kinda like "hiking the Appalachian trail."
Your family has been luckier than most. I hope that remains true for you since you won't be able to protect yourself. I hope you don't get a busy single when you call 911.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:02 AM

46,308 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Seems jm and e, looked over this question, so...here it is again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Were was your outrage between 2008 and 2009 when over 5000+ children were killed by guns?

I'll tell you were you fake outrage lefties were...not carrying....

http://www.childrensdefense.org/chil...-guns-2012.pdf

Why was nothing done then?....it's for the children, right....well only if 20 are killed at one time, right....I mean as long a single children are killed then it's o.k.....

You lefties sure are sick individuals....

Old 04-03-2013, 11:05 AM

50,332 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
If their is nothing special about standard capacity magazines then why ban them?
Why infringe on civil rights for no reason.
Again, why does this make sense to you
Do it FOR THE BABIES. JUST DO IT!! BECAUSE YOU HATE BABIES IF YOU DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-03-2013, 11:05 AM

29,511 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
But several gun-owners on here have said repeatedly that there is nothing special about a weapon with high-capacity magazine, that anyone can do as much damage with other types of guns, so would a high-capacity magazine weapon be needed in those situations or in any other?
Again with the facts ?!?
Facts mean nothing to adults that have less common sense than the average teenager. Remember "it's all for the kids"

Old 04-03-2013, 11:09 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,086,755 times
Quote:
I was calling it a toy because that poster couldn't come up with a single reason why he needed a high-capacity magazine or how not having one would cause him "suffering."

How do you know this legislation won't save lives? States with stricter gun laws have fewer gun deaths. States that remove guns from domestic violence perpetrators with restraining orders have about 5 times fewer domestic violence gun assaults and homicides than states that do not. If a mass shooter is not able to buy a high-capacity magazine in his state, he may end up using a less deadly weapon, and killing fewer innocent people. You don't know. You're not psychic.

Just because a mass shooter can't buy a magazine legally doesn't mean he won't get his hands on one since there are already millions of them in circulation. Don't pretend you are going to stop mass shootings, even the President is quoted as saying he knows these measures won't prevent these occurances.
What is a "less deadly weapon"? Do you mean a handgun? Like the Virginia Tech shooter that had 19 magazines?
I'm for keeping guns out of the hands of domestic violence offenders and other violent felons. Just figure out a way to do it without limiting my ability to defend myself. When these criminals ignore laws and want to rob my place of business, no one should be able to tell me I can't exercize self preservation with the best technology that I can afford.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:12 AM

29,511 posts, read 14,673,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post

If your so against firearms, you must hate the Olympics and if you hate firearms and the Olympics then you must hate America !

USA Shooting Team | USA Shooting
Shooting at the Summer Olympics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are aware that there are other uses for firearms other than self defense and slaughter people don't you? Why did I just ask that ?!? Of course you don't , you just like making comments about things you don't know and chastising others because they don't think like you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies