Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How would you rate your sexual orientation?
Heterosexual, absolutely 0 interest/curiosity in members of the same sex 225 61.31%
Heterosexual, bi-curious, slight/minimal interest/curiosity in members of the same sex 45 12.26%
Bisexual, lean more towards heterosexual 21 5.72%
Bisexual, 50/50 7 1.91%
Bisexual, lean more towards homosexual 10 2.72%
Homosexual, bi-curious, slight/minimal interest/curiosity in members of the opposite sex 16 4.36%
Homosexual, absolutely 0 interest/curiosity in members of the opposite sex 43 11.72%
Voters: 367. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 09:37 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,718,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
how could anyone be 100% anything?

seems almost impossible...

I'm not saying everyone is curious enough to go gay or go straight if thats not their natural inclination, but to claim 100% hetero or homo (in word, thought, and deed,) is just unrealistic.
It's unrealistic for YOU to be 100 percent straight not everybody.

I see people get defensive when straight people proclaim their straightness but when gay people do it, no one wants to say anything.

I still stick to what I said, if you claim to be ANYTHING other than 100 percent straight, you are at LEAST bisexual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 09:41 AM

Some of you who are offended in this thread, you might need to do a check up on your own sexuality because it seems as if some of you are in DENIAL about what you really are.

And yes, kissing a person of the same sex is NOT straight behavior.

If you kiss a person of the same sex other than a family member you're at LEAST bisexual, given that it's a PASSIONATE KISS.

So just because another straight person is laying down the facts don't try to call us "insecure" as a defense tactic.

Be proud of what you are. There's no need to lie about it on the internet.

If you're really bisexual, then say it.

But when you engage in behavior that's NOT straight, but then say you're a straight person or that 100 percent straight people don't exist, that's just being in DENIAL

Last edited by Black Jack22; 05-02-2013 at 09:49 AM..

Old 05-02-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I don't think so, i see more people on a site as this, coming out, more so then in person with a friend. I think for the most part what do people on a site like this have to hide, if your gay, your gay straight your straight.

Want to go both ways, that is also the choice of the individual.

I sure as hell won't judge someone just because of their sexual prefance, not for me to judge, and i have gay friends. They are still people just like me.

To tell you the truth, if i were gay which i am not, i would not be ashame at all to say i was that is just me, accept me or ciao ciao.

What is to protect, i am striaght always been straight, and won't apologize for being this way, the same way a gay person should not apologize to a single soul.

But i sincerely feel that there are more gay celebrities out there, who have not chosen yet to come out.
It's amazing that only 61 percent of people in this forum identify, myself included as exclusively straight.

Peoples' sexuality is getting more fluid these days.

About 2 out of 5 people in this forum are not exclusively straight.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:02 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post

But i sincerely feel that there are more gay celebrities out there, who have not chosen yet to come out.
There are probably tons. But despite it's liberal stereotype, Hollywood is rather anti-gay. Openly gay actors are viewed as unable to take on leading man roles, so it can be a career destroyer. Even people like Tom Cruise and John Travolta are heavily rumored to be gay/bisexual, but have gone through ridiculously elaborate publicity stunts to maintain their leading man images.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
It's amazing that only 61 percent of people in this forum identify, myself included as exclusively straight.

Peoples' sexuality is getting more fluid these days.

About 2 out of 5 people in this forum are not exclusively straight.
They aren't getting more fluid, you're merely seeing more people feeling comfortable with coming out.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Some of you who are offended in this thread, you might need to do a check up on your own sexuality because it seems as if some of you are in DENIAL about what you really are.

If you kiss a person of the same sex other than a family member you're at LEAST bisexual, given that it's a PASSIONATE KISS.

So just because another straight person is laying down the facts don't try to call us "insecure" as a defense tactic.

But when you engage in behavior that's NOT straight, but then say you're a straight person or that 100 percent straight people don't exist, that's just being in DENIAL
Can you really claim this applies to everyone? Some straight guys are just really secure and affectionate. My straight friend at work hugs me, kisses me on the cheek/lips, we've held hands before, tells me he loves me, etc. But he's married and obsessed with woman to the point of addiction.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:06 PM

15,095 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Yeah, they might want to do some reading.

Kinsey scale - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Oh God .... even the hard core left have dismissed Kinsey as a psychopathic pervert exploring his own depravity under the guise of the study of psychology.

The reality may be different for the sexes .... while there may be such a thing as unicorns and bi-sexual females, males are a different story. A true heterosexual male has not even a slight curiosity about other males. The very notion is repugnant to the straight male.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:25 PM

15,095 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Can you really claim this applies to everyone? Some straight guys are just really secure and affectionate. My straight friend at work hugs me, kisses me on the cheek/lips, we've held hands before, tells me he loves me, etc. But he's married and obsessed with woman to the point of addiction.
Since we know that there have been countless gay men married to women and have had children, that itself is not real evidence of heterosexuality.

On the other hand, straight men do not kiss other men on the lips, unless they are 5 years old and kissing their father or grand dad.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:04 PM

31,072 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTravelingYogi View Post
But if you noticed, no gay person claimed they were 100% gay. Only straight people claimed they were 100% straight. I totally agree. No one is 100%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
100% gay here. I have lots of female friends and love women, but have never had any interest in them sexually. I'm assuming it's the exact same for straight people, just flipped switches.
And 38 of the responants so far

"No one is 100%."

I'll go with you on this but someone who 95-99% is probably not going to explore their other side.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:50 PM

600 posts, read 660,115 times
Quote:

thou protest too much

seems if anyone is unaware of their feelings, its you!

again, its pretty much impossible that any rational, sentient being is 100% anything when it comes to feelings, emotions, etc. it certainly is true that a person is 100% one way or another when it comes to actions or deeds, but not with more nebulous, amorphous criteria such as psychiatry, or the sub conscience etc.

going by Freud the majority of human behavior is in some way sexual. think about what we straight men do when coming into contact with other men, at least in the sub conscience or ID. the first thing is to 'size up' the other male in terms of competition. this behavior on some level is a sexual behavior, in that we're imagining how females (particularly ones that we are involved with) would view this other male and thus what competition this other male is to us. and thats just an initial scratching of the surface. certainly you've come across a male that had some attribute that you admired and wish you had; that is unless you think you're perfect, and given your condescending tone you very well may be that much mislead. that is even more entrenched sexual behavior...

so please get over yourself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies