Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How would you rate your sexual orientation?
Heterosexual, absolutely 0 interest/curiosity in members of the same sex 225 61.31%
Heterosexual, bi-curious, slight/minimal interest/curiosity in members of the same sex 45 12.26%
Bisexual, lean more towards heterosexual 21 5.72%
Bisexual, 50/50 7 1.91%
Bisexual, lean more towards homosexual 10 2.72%
Homosexual, bi-curious, slight/minimal interest/curiosity in members of the opposite sex 16 4.36%
Homosexual, absolutely 0 interest/curiosity in members of the opposite sex 43 11.72%
Voters: 367. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 01:25 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
You are young. I don't think you want a penis in your holes. Then again you are a virgin so maybe. Try it out and get back to me.
Maybe he's a top :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2013, 01:30 PM

31,072 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Interesting results. Close to 10% of the repsondants primarely identify as Homosexual. And no 50/50s. I'm kind of surprised because I was sure that there were some people here that would say it came down to who they fell in love with

Old 04-03-2013, 01:35 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Interesting results. Close to 10% of the repsondants primarely identify as Homosexual. And no 50/50s. I'm kind of surprised because I was sure that there were some people here that would say it came down to who they fell in love with
There are a lot less bisexuals than you think. These results here are close to the offline stats as well from what I remember reading.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:37 PM

And I would have liked to see an asexual category too. I think there are several here who have said they were asexual.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:40 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,173,555 times
Quote:
Your last statement makes no sense. A person does not have to be 50/50 bisexual to be capable of falling in love with the gender they tend to be attracted to less. It just means your chances are higher of falling in love with one gender over another. On average, I find more women attractive (physically and emotionally) than men, but when I find a man attractive, my feelings for him are no different than they would be for a woman.

What you're implying is that a bisexual that isn't 50/50 in their attractions can only be emotionally attracted to one gender whereas the other is just for sexual gratification.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
There's something to be said for seeing a woman that isn't fantasizing about a womens VJ.
Most women don't fantasize about other women's VJ's (I don't, nor boobs). Where do you get the idea that they do?

Old 04-03-2013, 02:02 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times
Only 67% of respondents "choose" to be 100% straight.

Know what would be an interesting experiment (serious): Post this same poll in Politics & Other Controversies, and Religion forums, and compare the figures. The written responses would be even more interesting.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:39 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTravelingYogi View Post
Yeah I noticed that. This is definitely the Kinsey scale minus the choice for asexual. Not that I needed that one.

I am definitely heterosexual but I have had my experimentations. The last time I lived in Paris I had a beautiful Russian friend Tatiana. We would go out clubbing and she lived in the suburbs so she would stay at my place because the Metro and the RER stopped after midnight. I'll just leave the rest to your imagination and also say I couldn't quite return the favor.

So I am straight with experimentation. There have also been a few threesomes in my past.
yes, leave the rest to my imagination about your friend Tatiana -- I'd rather think about what it's like to visit the Louvre, no offense, LOL.....Far as your 3somes, okay, not sure what to say to that.

Well maybe I should've chosen 'bi curious' since lack of experimentation though I'm not curious enough to be 'bi curious' either. Oh well I screwed up the poll. More people have chosen bisexual since this poll started, there's not a lot of flat out gay members on here, which is also surprising, very small numbers based on that poll.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:49 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,687,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
What does this mean? You're either gay or your not..right????
Sexual preference doesn't require that the person provides a "certificate of completion" from a sexual encounter.

Anyway, I learned on the Politics & Other Controversies forum, that sexuality is a choice. Since no "certificate of completion" is required, and since sexuality is apparently something a person can pick while putting on their shoes in the morning, there's no good reason why a person can't just pick gay/straight/other today, and something totally different tomorrow.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:52 PM

31,072 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Your last statement makes no sense. A person does not have to be 50/50 bisexual to be capable of falling in love with the gender they tend to be attracted to less. It just means your chances are higher of falling in love with one gender over another. On average, I find more women attractive (physically and emotionally) than men, but when I find a man attractive, my feelings for him are no different than they would be for a woman.

What you're implying is that a bisexual that isn't 50/50 in their attractions can only be emotionally attracted to one gender whereas the other is just for sexual gratification.
They don't. Your reading too much into what I said. I said I was suprised that there were no 50/50s and that "some" people that identified as such could base they're partner selection on Love.

One thing I can say is there is so much variation in bisexuality you can almost never find two people who have the same take on everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies