Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 04:52 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,762,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
UP the min. wage.

Restrict immigration

Curb uneccessary welfare

Cut the regulations for self empolyed, start up businesses

Cut corporate welfare and loopholes
I don't think upping min wage will do anything to make tax users into tax payers. Some businesses wouldn't exist without some loopholes.
Now corporate welfare is another story. That does need to be cut, big time.

The rest of your ideas are good.

I hate how when times are bad, like now, the only things done are things that directly affect tax payers. Air traffic controllers? Really? Cut them and you only hurt the payers.

Now how do we make it so the users want to become payers?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2013, 12:43 PM

1,923 posts, read 2,410,115 times
We can work on employers who dodge discrimination laws and wasting people's time with false hopes. Get rid of online applications and all the other worthless screening tactics and go back to the way things used to be. If you can't find a "good candidate" on your own the government or your state government will pick someone to be your employee. If you claim to be hiring then HIRE and stop the nonsense. Prevent employers from requiring degrees to do grunt work and the recent.....MCDONALD'S BA cashier job.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:46 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
I've seen a lot lately about not enough people working, too many getting handouts, too many new entitlements, etc.

I've posed the question previously and will do so again. What can be done to encourage people of working age to work? I know we need more jobs, those would be for people that want to work.

I know some that have never worked and live on welfare and cheat the system like crazy. The small number that I know that live on welfare and other such support have a rate of 30% of them that are able bodied and just don't want to work. I am really hoping that rate is not representative of all on assistance.

So let's brainstorm. What can be done to get more in the workforce and off government/taxpayer assistance? What are some ideas to make tax users into tax payers so there is more to keep us above water?

FYI, starting this thread because I truly want to know your ideas. Please avoid fingerpointing. We have enough of that these days.
Hunger is a great motivator. Cut them off. It's that simple.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parried View Post
We can work on employers who dodge discrimination laws and wasting people's time with false hopes. Get rid of online applications and all the other worthless screening tactics and go back to the way things used to be. If you can't find a "good candidate" on your own the government or your state government will pick someone to be your employee. If you claim to be hiring then HIRE and stop the nonsense. Prevent employers from requiring degrees to do grunt work and the recent.....MCDONALD'S BA cashier job.
I have to agree with you on some of this. The online apps are ridiculous. I filled out many, many of the to never hear one word.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Hunger is a great motivator. Cut them off. It's that simple.
Ok. Ouch. But I understand what you're getting at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies