Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 08:18 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,985,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Incramental till all guns are taken right.
The argument of a 3rd grader.

If I let you have your guns, then you want 20MM guns, then you want a tank, then you'll want nuclear bomb!

I"m sooo clever!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 08:23 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,829,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post

If I let you have your guns, then you want 20MM guns, then you want a tank, then you'll want nuclear bomb!

I"m sooo clever!
The problem is if been dealing with "incramental" gun control for the last 20 years and my civil rights have been severly limited in that time. You ask for a "compromise" all I have been doing is "compromising" And the next time something tragic happens it will be another "compromise" then again and again. It has already happened in my state of California and now it is happening across the nation.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:57 PM

3 posts, read 2,166 times
Quote:
One would hope so.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:41 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiettimect View Post
Mellowmike,

I thought just like you till yesterday.

Here in Connecticut we must now register our so-called assault weapons. I was not happy about it but as a law abiding citizen I downloaded the forms from the state police. In addition to providing a police witnessed thumb print one must provide a DPS-3 and PROOF THE WEAPON WAS PURCHASED BEFORE APRIL 4, 2013.

When someone purchases a firearm in CT you sign four DPS-3 forms. These forms record the serial number of the firearm and the date of transfer. You keep one, one goes to the state police, one goes to your local police and one the retailer keeps.

Now to be in compliance you must have this form (which states when the transfer occurred) AND additional proof as to when you purchased the firearm. I called the state police and was told to use the sales receipt. SALES RECEIPT from 1995? "You don't save your receipts?" I was told. My option at this point is to get rid of the firearm.

I have stood up for individual rights my whole life, since I stood on UFW picket lines boycotting grapes when I was 10, voted straight democratic for 40 years, hold elected office in the party, I'll compare left wing chops with anyone .................. I too thought the NRA was mistaken, but they are right.
I swear you just had a canoe accident...... You can't register that weapon anymore now can you? If you lock in in a safe no one can tell what you have.

That is high BS and way out of line for the state to force these foolish laws on you. Are the Ct gun ranges going to enforce this BS and check every shooter all the live ling day too?

Time to start voting these idiots out... Do not trade your Rights for their idea of what security you shall have.

Just be more careful. It's too bad legal gun owners just can't move in out of Ct. leaving a hole in the tax that runs the place. Better form form a resistance group and quit paying any taxes to the state to break it's will.

This came by encroachment if it is true you have a 14 day waiting period. You accepted that from the grabbers, and now if you tolerate this the rest of your guns will be subject to their rules and bans.

If you bought that gun from a dealer go see if he will give you a new receipt. That will be interesting going thru the books....

Or if you did not just write another receipt. How the Hell are the SP going to know. I don't have any receipts either and i bet no cops do. This just underhanded hoop jumping brought to you by the bleeding heart PC who did this to you in order to steal your Rights.

The rest of the country is watching how this plays out trust me.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Actually many military people call them clips, what do they know.
My my my I would like to cordially invite you to witness extension of my social finger. Why who knew you were expert in gun jargon and or mil jargon..

When will you deal with the problem of the insane? Anytime in this life time? Of will you forever hope to ban a machine?

Make me a criminal and i will gladly be one for you.

Old 04-09-2013, 09:52 PM

No no no no no no this

Old 04-09-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
yeah that is their point. get this one today get that one tomorrow until they get them all. In the mean time it is all about Oh No we just need to get this one just this one. By now we know compromise doesn't work with the PC grabbers. They tell LIES

You guys can give up what is legally yours if you want to, but i never will. if then they make a criminal of me so be it and i will be a criminal.

With that I will have the RIGHT to use the 2nd as it was intended.

As if 25,000 paper tiger laws don't work, then what must work is 50,000 paper tiger laws.

When will this madness stop? The legal gun owner is not the cause, the cause is the politically correct non sence about everyone being equal.

They pass up little johnny so his feeling won't be hurt, and they fill his life with LIES They tell him one day he will have the American Dream and one day little johnny discovered he is a fubared rat and is mentally insane and no one wants to marry him and no one wants to give him a job, and his while worthless life has ended at 19 years and that ticks off little johnny bad..
So the little RETARD goes Ballistic and kills the one the PC love most age 6.

THIS IS A PC PROBLEM. THE PC OWN IT
Now lets make them pay by voting out their sickness.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:

I"m sooo clever!
You ain't gonna let any one period. You have no power to allow or let a thing ... You need professional help.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:53 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,306,705 times
Quote:
Because it will make an "incremental" difference for the good.

Go find and adult and ask them what "incremental value" is.

Nobody has made the claim this will "end gun violence" you poor hysterical gun worshipers....LOL
We already have over 25000 laws that made "incremental" difference for the good. They didn't stop gun violence,
because PEOPLE are doing the violence. More people are killed with hammers than guns. Cars kill more people than guns, as do Alcohol, and cigarettes.

Old 04-10-2013, 04:41 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,915,062 times
Quote:

I"m sooo clever!
20mm guns as well as tanks are currently legal. Almost all bombs are regulated by the BATFE no matter what material is in them. I say almost because you can buy Tannerite at any sporting goods store and you can detonate up to 50 pounds of it. There are a lot of You Tube videos of people sending old washers over 100 feet in the air with it. IN THE RED TARGETS, LLC 813-938-5203
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies