Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 07:11 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
And I would bet that you want people to believe what you want them to about male privilege, sexual predator s being mostly men, and domestic violence being mostly perpetrated by men. There aren't any accurate numbers to support such claims, as men are blocked from reporting such crimes due to systematic discrimination. Men are laughed at or seen as week if they report such crimes, they have no private shelters or resources to turn to. If I was being abused by my wife I wouldn't want to go to or talk to a women shelter. I probably wouldn't go to the police as they would believe her over me. All she would have to do is claim she is the victim and I would be arrested. Laws could be enforced that require police to take men seriously. Laws could be enforced that provide men with safe place to turn aside from women's shelters. The sexual assault and domestic abuse debate is all about women. This makes it even more difficult for male victims.
Men are blocked from reporting a crime to the police? I never knew that.

If men CHOOSE to not report, that is their fault. Just like it is a womans fault for not reporting sexual abuse.
YOU are responsible for YOU. If what someone says about you keeps you from reporting, you are being stupid.

As for mens shelters.
Abuse Knows No Gender, Says Men's Shelter Founder : Although few men are battered, Minnesotan contends the center fills a need. Questions are raised about his background, motives. - Los Angeles Times

Quote:
Here you will find programs for women, men and family victims of domestic violence.
Domestic Violence SHELTERS Sacramento Abused Women|Children

Here is a list of resources for male victims of domestic violence.
MenWeb Battered Men: National Resources

There is help out there if you look. Those were on the first page of my search.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:11 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
More women are raped than men. That is a fact. Now I am more leery of someone holding a knife, than I am of someone holding a spoon. It makes sense to be more aware of the thing that is more of a threat.

No one is FORCING you to work nights. No one is FORCING you to work at a place you feel is treating you unfairly. If you feel that you are being discriminated against, hire a lawyer, and take your boss to court.

Workplace discrimination based on gender, ANY GENDER, is illegal. Make your case. Fussing online isn't going to help you. The laws are already there, you have to use the system. No one can do it for you.
It's only fussing when it's a man addressing issues.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:13 PM

Quote:
That is all that was reported. Since it's still taboo for men to report such things, those numbers cannot possibly be taken as accurate on the men's side. I have no doubt about the women.

But until people are more compassionate towards male victims, men will hesitate to report crimes. You aren't helping by denying men have valid equal rights issues.
Until men stand up and report, no one can possibly know that they need help. The same applies to women.

What equal rights are men denied?

Old 04-09-2013, 07:14 PM

Quote:
There are gender discrimination laws in place already. Those laws deal with ANY GENDER that is discriminated against.

What you want is to force other people to believe what you want them to believe. That is impossible.
I doubt that there's equality in sexist laws. And there's a handful of normal men who would listen to what the OP or any other man with common sense have to say.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
It's only fussing when it's a man addressing issues.
It is fussing for a man or a woman to go online when they can easily go to the police and fill out a report. It is fussing when a man or a woman goes online instead of going to court to fight discrimination based on gender.

The tools are out there, if anyone doesn't use them it is their problem.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
My boss is a female feminist, I've tried talking to her. She either ignores me, or tells me she can fire me and hire someone else. I've talked to lawyers an have gotten no help. If I want to take her to court I'll have o do it myself. I can't afford that.
I don't believe in gender integrated workplaces. A lot of times females, especially feminists, want authority over men. And the female employees will look for any reason to get men fired.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I doubt that there's equality in sexist laws. And there's a handful of normal men who would listen to what the OP or any other man with common sense have to say.
Which sexist laws?

Old 04-09-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
So basically what you are all saying is that men just need to deal with societies illogical view on what is normal male behavior, that men should just deal with the areas of inequality that they face. You all must be liberal feminists who think male privilege is automatically assigned to all men. You probably think we need to tip the scales in favor of women to make up for the past. Raising one gender above the other is not equality. So glad I woke up from the liberal ideology to take up a rational approach to politics. No I'm not a conservative.
The only men with male privilege are the ones in positions of power and those guys often pander to women heavily, neglecting males.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:22 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,326,943 times
Quote:
Men are blocked from reporting a crime to the police? I never knew that.

If men CHOOSE to not report, that is their fault. Just like it is a womans fault for not reporting sexual abuse.
YOU are responsible for YOU. If what someone says about you keeps you from reporting, you are being stupid.
so if men are mocked or laughed at for reporting crimes, its their fault? Women aren't
mocked for reporting such crimes, they're taken seriously. Society
tells men that they need to be tough, tha men dont get raped or sexually abused. Men are told they cant be victims of domestic violence.

This is nowhere close to the resourcs women have nationwide. Like I said before, women's shelters focus on women and not many men would go to the, or even think of using them as men are often banned from entering such places.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:25 PM

1,013 posts, read 1,193,082 times
Quote:
There aren't any accurate numbers to support such claims, as men are blocked from reporting such crimes due to systematic discrimination.
I agree.

Quote:
I probably wouldn't go to the police as they would believe her over me. All she would have to do is claim she is the victim and I would be arrested.
This is absolutely NOT true. The evidence women have to provide proof of physical, emotional, &/or financial abuse is no more than what males have to provide proof for themselves.

Quote:
Laws could be enforced that provide men with safe place to turn aside from women's shelters. The sexual assault and domestic abuse debate is all about women. This makes it even more difficult for male victims.
This is true. Domestic violence survivors (no matter what gender) should be provided with the same resources.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies