Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 06:17 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times

Advertisements

I just did a search, and the first two pages are fathers rights advocates. I believe that fathers should, and in many cases do, have equal rights. Yes, some judges are from a different era and they make biased decisions. If you feel you have been treated unfairly by a judge, you can use the legal system just like anyone else.

There has been an anti genital mutilation bill that goes through congress every year since 2004. It went up again in January 2013. Considering that men hold the majority in congress, maybe you need to work on getting those men to support the bill.

There are several feminist groups that support the bill.
Being Allies Against Male Circumcision
http://ecochildsplay.com/2011/07/07/...eminist-issue/

Old 04-09-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
S igh

Yes rape is a crime so is discrimination. But the spotlight on rape culture and focus on men makes it hard for a man to go to a park with their kids, work in a daycare, or any job that works with kids. Men are not the problem, society is.

I'm forced to work at nights at my job that's in a dangerous neighborhood, because my life is less important. I'm faced with working the job at nights and walking home at midnight, or find a new job. Chances are that job will have to be at night as women don't normally work at night because its too dangerous for them.

I also get paid less at my job. I'm the only male and I do the physical labor, the women stand behind the counter and make more than I do. We'vell been here equal time and have similar experience.

When it comes to days off, I got the last pick. When I want vacation time, I am t their mercy. When they want vacation
time I am required
to cover them.

So you can deny the legitimacy of these issues all you want, but they are issues and I won't be told by a feminist that I can't. I'm called a fascist for advocating men's
rights. How is feminist having the only say on gender equality not fascist?
More women are raped than men. That is a fact. Now I am more leery of someone holding a knife, than I am of someone holding a spoon. It makes sense to be more aware of the thing that is more of a threat.

No one is FORCING you to work nights. No one is FORCING you to work at a place you feel is treating you unfairly. If you feel that you are being discriminated against, hire a lawyer, and take your boss to court.

Workplace discrimination based on gender, ANY GENDER, is illegal. Make your case. Fussing online isn't going to help you. The laws are already there, you have to use the system. No one can do it for you.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:32 PM

2,505 posts, read 2,327,692 times
So basically what you are all saying is that men just need to deal with societies illogical view on what is normal male behavior, that men should just deal with the areas of inequality that they face. You all must be liberal feminists who think male privilege is automatically assigned to all men. You probably think we need to tip the scales in favor of women to make up for the past. Raising one gender above the other is not equality. So glad I woke up from the liberal ideology to take up a rational approach to politics. No I'm not a conservative.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
More women are raped than men. That is a fact. Now I am more leery of someone holding a knife, than I am of someone holding a spoon. It makes sense to be more aware of the thing that is more of a threat.

No one is FORCING you to work nights. No one is FORCING you to work at a place you feel is treating you unfairly. If you feel that you are being discriminated against, hire a lawyer, and take your boss to court.

Workplace discrimination based on gender, ANY GENDER, is illegal. Make your case. Fussing online isn't going to help you. The laws are already there, you have to use the system. No one can do it for you.
My boss is a female feminist, I've tried talking to her. She either ignores me, or tells me she can fire me and hire someone else. I've talked to lawyers an have gotten no help. If I want to take her to court I'll have o do it myself. I can't afford that.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:36 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,878,859 times
Quote:
More women are raped than men. That is a fact.
Source please.
I suspect you may be touting your ignorance as fact.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
So basically what you are all saying is that men just need to deal with societies illogical view on what is normal male behavior, that men should just deal with the areas of inequality that they face. You all must be liberal feminists who think male privilege is automatically assigned to all men. You probably think we need to tip the scales in favor of women to make up for the past. Raising one gender above the other is not equality. So glad I woke up from the liberal ideology to take up a rational approach to politics. No I'm not a conservative.
There are gender discrimination laws in place already. Those laws deal with ANY GENDER that is discriminated against.

What you want is to force other people to believe what you want them to believe. That is impossible.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:47 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,802,305 times
Did not know that I hated anyone. Maybe I'm not a feminist, for I am all for equality for all. Ladies can spout the same argument though. I like to view both sides of the coin though and if a person would look back over hundreds of years of history, one would see the discrimination and ruling one gender had over the other.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
There are gender discrimination laws in place already. Those laws deal with ANY GENDER that is discriminated against.

What you want is to force other people to believe what you want them to believe. That is impossible.
And I would bet that you want people to believe what you want them to about male privilege, sexual predator s being mostly men, and domestic violence being mostly perpetrated by men. There aren't any accurate numbers to support such claims, as men are blocked from reporting such crimes due to systematic discrimination. Men are laughed at or seen as week if they report such crimes, they have no private shelters or resources to turn to. If I was being abused by my wife I wouldn't want to go to or talk to a women shelter. I probably wouldn't go to the police as they would believe her over me. All she would have to do is claim she is the victim and I would be arrested. Laws could be enforced that require police to take men seriously. Laws could be enforced that provide men with safe place to turn aside from women's shelters. The sexual assault and domestic abuse debate is all about women. This makes it even more difficult for male victims.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
Source please.
I suspect you may be touting your ignorance as fact.
Quote:
1 out of every 6 American women has been the victim of an attempted or completed rape in her lifetime (14.8% completed rape; 2.8% attempted rape).1

17.7 million American women have been victims of attempted or completed rape.1

9 of every 10 rape victims were female in 2003.2

About 3% of American men — or 1 in 33 — have experienced an attempted or completed rape in their lifetime.1

In 2003, 1 in every ten rape victims were male.2
2.78 million men in the U.S. have been victims of sexual assault or rape.1
Who are the Victims? | RAINN | Rape, Abuse and Incest National Network

Old 04-09-2013, 07:11 PM

That is all that was reported. Since it's still taboo for men to report such things, those numbers cannot possibly be taken as accurate on the men's side. I have no doubt about the women.

But until people are more compassionate towards male victims, men will hesitate to report crimes. You aren't helping by denying men have valid equal rights issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies