Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2013, 01:04 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,146,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
You mean when those Korean merchants were firing their Glocks willy nilly? High performance weapons are weapons of out right war and total social chaos. These are rare incidents in America...What...is everyone going to be prepared for the very worse? If you concentrate only on things going bad you will not repair what is broken.
LOL, did you watch the video? There are guys standing on the roof with rifles! Yeah tell that to all the people who got killed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 01:06 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
LOL, did you watch the video? There are guys standing on the room with rifles! Yeah tell that to all the people who got killed.
He probably doesn't watch videos like Globe199, they are scared of facts that contradict their world view.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:06 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
When has there been an incident in the USA that a law abiding citizen used a 30 round clip to fight off bad guys? I have not heard of that and would like to read about it.
It doesn't matter.

The 2nd amendment doesn't mention need, hunting, sport, musket, cannon, protection, or anything else but the right to keep and bear arms.

"Shall not be infringed."

Old 04-11-2013, 01:14 PM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Now that is utterly laughable. A doctor is a respected professional who has many years of education. There is no equivalent of a doctor in the gun world.
I'd bet you look down on the guy who takes care of the brakes on your car also. You know, to make sure it stops and not allow you or your family who might get killed because they failed.

Remember, you AND your family are in his hands.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:18 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Lets run that experiment with government employees first. Arm all the cops with single shot .22s and see how that goes over. Uniformed police are far less likely to need a firearm for defense than a civilian, so it seems like a logical place to start. Criminals rarely target cops to prey on.
An aware person with skill does not brandish his weapon...nor do they threaten with it. This idea of "fire power" is highly over rated. A gun should like poison be only used with discretion. It's not a toy...one bullet kills. Look at some of the Youtube videos where you see 8 cops unload their guns in unison on one crazy man who is twenty feet away. In a more civilized world - if cops were skilled and would simply break his arm with a long club if he had a knife.

Police are not trained or skilled these days...They have this stupid policy of shooting at center mass - There are no combat skills...cops are slower - smaller and less intelligent than in the old days...They are gun dependent.

The message they send out to the public is one of utter and all powerful state dominance...We will execute you in the street because we represent total and absolute authority. Suicide by cop is more popular these days because people know they will be executed.

Cops should shoot to kill only if they have no choice but to return fire or are fired upon. I would rather see them retreat and save the life of a lunatic than fire off a volley that is more intense than a firing squad. Getting back to the point...What cop exists that can kill a person with one precise shot? Very few...Hand guns have a short barrel and rounds always wander off target. If they are honest about being who they are let them carry nothing but fully auto long guns...like they do in third world countries. There was a time in England where the cops did not carry guns...They simply beat you into submission with a club...To bad that tradition could not be applied in America...but it is to late. You have more guns than Canada has people.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:18 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I don't think he's trying to deflect at all. If you are going to join the debate learn what your talking about...period. Of course we all know what your talking about but it shows a certain about of ignorance to discuss someones rights without at least showing the courtesy of using the proper terminology.
Wake up! This thread is not about gun rights. I ASKED A QUESTION.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:19 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,671,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
If someone breaks into my home at 1am do you figure I'd be able to get to the gun range, get the gun, then get back to my home to protect my family?
No. I don't want all guns outlawed. I've thought of getting one to defend my house and family. But then I think...if it gets to that point, something is wrong. I live in the wrong neighborhood and/or I'm irrationally fearful. I would rather correct those things than have a gun. Do I honestly fear an random armed home invasion? They're vanishingly rare. Is the recent heavy media coverage of guns causing my perspective to needlessly shift?

Then I think...in the heat of the moment, would my gun really protect me? I would have to make sure ahead of time that it's properly loaded. Am I safer trying to defend myself with a gun? Or would I be better off escaping or hiding? If it's me with a gun against another guy with a gun, who wins? Maybe I'd be killed attempting to be a hero whereas I might have chosen to escape or hide if a gun wasn't available.

Presuming you have guns, what's your detailed plan should the unthinkable occur? Where is your gun? Is it loaded? Can you get to it quickly? Where are your children in relation to your bedroom? It's an interesting topic for discussion, no doubt.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
The last thing you're interested in is having an adult conversation.

SHOW ME HOW ASKING A QUESTION IS NOT WANTING TO HAVE AN ADULT CONVERSATION?

Old 04-11-2013, 01:25 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Wake up! This thread is not about gun rights. I ASKED A QUESTION.
I'm quite awake and see that you and several others on this thread are trying to talk about something you have zero knowledge of and it shows.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:25 PM

[quote=alphamale;29080836]It doesn't matter.

The 2nd amendment doesn't mention need, hunting, sport, musket, cannon, protection, or anything else but the right to keep and bear arms.

"Shall not be infringed."[/QUOTE

Yes it does matter. I had a question and looked here for an answer. Too bad you don't like it. Has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies