Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2013, 05:42 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,245,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
So you are willing to just give up your right to own something legally under the constitution because it makes you feel better?
Wrong question. It should be worded, "So you are willing to just give up your right to own something legally under the constitution because it makes someone else feel better?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 05:50 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
When has there been an incident in the USA that a law abiding citizen used a 30 round clip to fight off bad guys? I have not heard of that and would like to read about it.
Read about Waco.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:12 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
I'm with you. I have yet to hear about ANYONE in the USA needing a 30 round clip for much of anything. If anyone who hunts needs 30 rounds to bag a deer, moose or any other game then hunting just might NOT be their forte!
As for needing that many rounds to protect your home..,hmmmm...a large dog and a pistol will pretty much cover it one would think.
For some real insight, try talking with any of the parents who lost their babies to a lunatic with all kinds of weapons that NORMAL folks don't keep.
How many rounds does it take to ensure the security of a free state?

Old 04-12-2013, 07:37 AM

29,490 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
Seriously?

So you are willing to just give up your right to own something legally under the constitution because it makes you feel better?
That is all this useless rhetoric is all about , just making everyone feel good. In their minds the gov't actually did something so it's got to help right ?
Put yourself on the other side of the fence, were all you know about firearms is what you see on TV, Movies, Call of Duty and whatever the Gov't and media spew. It would really seem like the scary black rifle and the 30 round mag is the root of all evil. And if it wasn't for that Sandy Hook would not have happened. So of course it seems like the right thing to do is to ban them and anyone that would want one is a nutcase. It's just easier to be uninformed and follow the sheeple.

Personally if all it takes is to ban 30 round mags to shut everyone up.. I'll go for it. Just as long as I can keep the standard capacity mags that AR's come with... I think when Colt released the gun , a 20 round mag was the standard size.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:27 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
That is all this useless rhetoric is all about , just making everyone feel good. In their minds the gov't actually did something so it's got to help right ?
Put yourself on the other side of the fence, were all you know about firearms is what you see on TV, Movies, Call of Duty and whatever the Gov't and media spew. It would really seem like the scary black rifle and the 30 round mag is the root of all evil. And if it wasn't for that Sandy Hook would not have happened. So of course it seems like the right thing to do is to ban them and anyone that would want one is a nutcase. It's just easier to be uninformed and follow the sheeple.

Personally if all it takes is to ban 30 round mags to shut everyone up.. I'll go for it. Just as long as I can keep the standard capacity mags that AR's come with... I think when Colt released the gun , a 20 round mag was the standard size.
20 rounds was standard like 40 years ago. 30 round has been the standard for decades.

Magazine bans would be useless. The DOJ has said as much. Hundreds of millions of magazines are in circulation and they last a long time. I have 30 round magazines that were used in ww2 and they still work like the day they were made.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:30 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
What's a clip?

I know you know this as your name is DoD guy, or at least you should.

but for all the liberals that dont know out there, a clip is a little piece of metal that holds up to 10 rounds before they are put into a magazine.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Really? I can think of 26 good reasons to make them illegal. 26 first graders and educators who didn't have a chance to run out the door while the shooter was reloading 10 round magazines.

not a good enough reason for me. maybe if the feds would have not made it so all public schools were gun free murder zones, then maybe someone would have been able to actually stop these murders.

did having a magazine ban help stop the columbine school shooting? that happened during the AWB94 and it did not help anything at all.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
When i was growing up in the 60's we were taught they were called CLIPS. IRRC That was taught to us by a VETERAN of WWll, that fought in France.

I will say magazine is you need me too.

that is because there is an actual clip that goes into an M1 garand. the box thingy that went into the BAR was still called a magazine during WWII. that according to my father who also fought in WWII, Korea and Vietnam.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Well then 30 round magazines are unnecessary.

if they are not necessary, then neither the cops nor the fleas need them either.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Looks like there haven't been any. In contrast, there have been 20 school children killed by them.

So lives saved with 30 round magazines = 0
Lives Taken = at least 26

I have seen plenty of people saved in the military by people using M16's and M4's using 30 round magazines. so your statement of 30 round magazines not saving anyone is pure lying.

if it is good for the military, then it is also good for the civilian populace too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies