Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 10:37 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
Ft. Hood?

But seriously, probably not once in the last 30 years.
Exactly! I don't want any type restrictions either. Get your stories straight will ya. When gun opponents verify this stuff that no type of this in 30 yrs or so then i see where you can be discredited. Wayne say they are needed during and after hurricanes etc. The most dangerous deal i heard of was two cops killing a man in a wheel chair with a backshot. I have no idea as to what weapon was used. I thought it was a rifle.Type i don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2013, 10:37 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,029,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
We use to tape 2 mags together for a faster re-load. Some guys taped 4.
I have 5, 30 round magazines taped together. That's 150 rounds. That would make the liberal gun grabbers have a mental break down.

Criminals DO NOT OBEY THE LAW. Pass all the feel good legislation you want. It won't change a thing. Kids will still die until you address the real problem.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:38 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
When has there been an incident in the USA that a law abiding citizen used a 30 round clip to fight off bad guys? I have not heard of that and would like to read about it.
Looks like there haven't been any. In contrast, there have been 20 school children killed by them.

So lives saved with 30 round magazines = 0
Lives Taken = at least 26

Old 04-11-2013, 10:38 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,970 times
Quote:
When i was growing up in the 60's we were taught they were called CLIPS. IRRC That was taught to us by a VETERAN of WWll, that fought in France.

I will say magazine is you need me too.

You don't know what you are talking about. A clip (or stripper clip) is a strip of metal, by which rounds are held together. They are loaded into the rifle and the strip is discarded at that time. It serves the same purpose as a speed loader for a revolver.

A magazine is a case in which cartridges are loaded into, and the magazine is then attached to the firearm.

The Veteran of WWII used the term clip because that's what they loaded the M1 with, 8 round clips. Until you familiarize yourself with proper terms and understand the subject in which you are speaking about, you'll continue to come across as ignorant of the subject. Which further makes your opinion hold less water to people who ARE familar with the subject.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:43 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
You don't know what you are talking about. A clip (or stripper clip) is a strip of metal, by which rounds are held together. They are loaded into the rifle and the strip is discarded at that time. It serves the same purpose as a speed loader for a revolver.

A magazine is a case in which cartridges are loaded into, and the magazine is then attached to the firearm.

The Veteran of WWII used the term clip because that's what they loaded the M1 with, 8 round clips. Until you familiarize yourself with proper terms and understand the subject in which you are speaking about, you'll continue to come across as ignorant of the subject. Which further makes your opinion hold less water to people who ARE familar with the subject.
I'm about as impressed with knowledge of guns as I am knowledge of socks.

What's ignorant is gun fetishists insisting on their right to own 30 bullet magazines when the chances of them actually needing them is like winning the lottery while being struck by lightening.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:45 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post

Bull crap. Everyone gun owner on this forum knows what i was referring too. YOU CAN'T TELL ME SQUAT.

You are just trying to deflect. All i did was ask a question,No statement made and you want to attack me for asking a question.

You are an example of the term GUN NUT! People trying to have adult conversation and you attack!

Old 04-11-2013, 10:47 AM

15,094 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
When has there been an incident in the USA that a law abiding citizen used a 30 round clip to fight off bad guys? I have not heard of that and would like to read about it.
I've got a better question ..... when 99% of the gun crime in this country involves pistols holding 12 rounds or less ... why all of the focus on 30 round rifle magazines?

You apparently don't know the answer to this question, otherwise you'd realize that it is a red herring designed as an intermediate step toward a ban on 12 round magazines, then 10 rounders, then 8 rounders.

Secondly, contrary to the bumbling fools who wet their pants at the idea of anyone other than police having any type of gun at all, rational people realize that restricting the size of magazines will not prevent criminals from using them, any more than laws against robbery have prevented robbers from robbing, or drug laws preventing drug trafficking, or murder laws preventing murderers murdering people. And one would think this to be such a simple concept .... it's hard to imagine what goes on in the minds of people who just don't get that ???/

Third, people who want to become proficient, can easily do as much damage with lower cap mags, because it's really not very time consuming to change them, as you can see here:

Fast Mag Change AR-15 - YouTube

But you really don't see the true effectiveness of what is possible here ... though that mag change was less than a second. This guy is even faster:

Fast Glock Shooting - YouTube

But these guys are pure amateurs compared to the old guy with a six shooter:

Bob Munden : Fastest Shooter In The World. - YouTube

Now, do you really think that these modern semi-auto weapons are so much more dangerous because they are faster, and can shoot more bullets in a short amount of time? Think again. Here is an old 1800's winchester lever action rifle, which can be fired as fast as an AR15 .... even a scary sounding one like a "Bushmaster".

Cowboy Action Shooting: Beginning Shooter's Guide: Shooting Rifles - YouTube

Old 04-11-2013, 10:49 AM

6,046 posts, read 4,818,446 times
I wonder where one can get communist made uniforms.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:51 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,824,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Looks like there haven't been any. In contrast, there have been 20 school children killed by them.

It's for the children!!!11!!11!!1

Last time I checked, that one document that was part of the founding of our nation and way of life was titled Bill or Rights, not Bill of Needs.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:54 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post

Weren't the lives taken by a deranged nutcase ?
A familly member got hit by a drunk driver years ago.. I didn't blame the Ford Taurus ..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies