Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 08:09 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover View Post
Atlanta: Anti-police Rebellion, Rocks And Bricks Thrown At Police Cars - Liberty Crier

HaHa! I love it! The people finally standing up to thugs with badges.
As someone said, "Simple minds are easily amused".

You would probably be the first 1 to go to the police if you had a problem requiring there help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2013, 08:12 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

You would probably be the first 1 to go to the police if you had a problem requiring there help.
This is not to bash police (would be impossible to be every where at every time).

But everytime I've see stuff go down the Police didn't get there till afterwards.

I believe we need Police reform because we have Police involved in things they have no business in and because they too often abuse their power.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
You know what astounds me is the evolution of cop-haters. In my youth, it was young radicals. Now it's conservative white guys.

Never thought I'd live to see it.

What is it, white guys? Based on a lot of posts I've seen here, I'd guess it's part of the pro-gun thing. I know many of you want to pretend you're going to save us all with your guns, so you have to also pretend that cops are useless.

On the other hand, you're always telling us that the cops would never enforce gun bans because they're your friends. I guess the "opinion" depends on the specific line of crap you're trying to spin on that particular day.
" Now it's conservative white guys." I resent the remark and the implication.

I suppose you can back it up or is it just more mindless blather?

I wouldn't be surprised to find out it is more people who lean left then right.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:15 AM

288 posts, read 230,876 times
Quote:

That's all you got? Sad...I don't go to cops people or what is usually the case family pets end up dead when cops get involved.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover View Post
I don't like thugs with badges and in my experience that's what 99% of them are.Little boys and girls who were bullied in school and grew up wanting revenge what better way than to wear a badge that strikes fear in most people? Watch a video called Americas Largest Gang...great video.
I think we know who the " little boy" is.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:22 AM

39,872 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
For that to happen we would need to build a lot more jail space, a whole lot more, since petty crime is much more common then most people would think. On top of this if jail time was actually going to always be a stake you can basically say bye bye to plea bargaining so you might is well up the number of judges, ADAs and PDs by ten fold or more, because without the meet 'em and plead 'em system you would either have to greatly reduce to the number of crimes or hire a whole lot more court staff and we all know the first option isn't happening. In addition to this the state would also likely be forgoing a lot of revenue generated by various fees and fines that come out of pleas. Basically, at this point, more then anything the petty crime and traffic courts are a sort of unofficial revenue generator for the state.

In essence, I seriously doubt people would want to pay the taxes needed for what you want to do.
We wizz away tax money on far more useless crap all the time. Putting more cops on the street is a waste of time if our "justice" system won't lock up the aminals once the cops have done their job and caught them. We do need to address the system, and eliminate so many options for plea bargins, as well as find ways to reduce the costs of housing prisoners. As to judges, DAs and ADAs, if you actually lock up the criminals, they don't come back time after time for trial...well, because they are in jail. So if you actually lock up the tiny portion of the population that are repeat offenders, you might well need fewer judges, ect.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:23 AM

288 posts, read 230,876 times
Quote:
I think we know who the " little boy" is.
You really want to get in a pissing match with me? I mean I can be a real jerk and just report you for harassment...

Old 04-12-2013, 08:38 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Read most of the article. The writer refers to the police as "pigs" - how can that be helpful? What is sounds like is that money talks. The gentry are attempting to run off the locals. Cops will always side with those who have more cash.
It doesn't. In fact, when people do that, normal people would shy away from the other using it {the word "PIG"}. It's almost as bad as using a racial slur, well, maybe not as bad, but, it is bad.

Besides all of this jibber jabber about cops being so bad, is the fact this this particular group of people referred to in the article could be described as anarchists, that in itself says something negative.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:02 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
We wizz away tax money on far more useless crap all the time. Putting more cops on the street is a waste of time if our "justice" system won't lock up the aminals once the cops have done their job and caught them. We do need to address the system, and eliminate so many options for plea bargins, as well as find ways to reduce the costs of housing prisoners. As to judges, DAs and ADAs, if you actually lock up the criminals, they don't come back time after time for trial...well, because they are in jail. So if you actually lock up the tiny portion of the population that are repeat offenders, you might well need fewer judges, ect.
That's not working in the black community. We received the longest jail times but still have issues with crime.

There's other factors that are bigger contributors IMO. When your pushed to the edge your thinking survival not penalties.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:10 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
There is no unified national policy for law enforcement. The feds should set standards that the states must adhere too. If a cop is derelict or sadistic- or just plain stupid - they should be removed. Hiring practices should go back to the days when there was IQ testing. More and more cops are hired for their quality and sad ability to take orders without question. You need a reformation of law enforcement in America- There are a hundred Youtube videos that show police executing people on American streets...that has to stop...there is due process and rule of law. A cop has one job- to enforce law and no other. He is not to get personal or get emotional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies