Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 05:21 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
1. You mentioned the $50,000 a plate dinner to remind people that Romney is rich and that he has rich friends willing to pony up 50 grand to eat dinner at a campaign fundraiser. Obamas' campaign held the same kind of fundraising dinners held by a rich man for his rich friends.

2. The 47% comment was accurate but was a politically stupid thing to say because Americans are like Tom Cruise - they can't handle the truth (reference the famous Jack Nicolson line).

3. In another thread today a conservative poster was ripped for posting an old news story about a mob in Chicago. That event happened two weeks ago. The 47% comment happened even further back and is even older news. Move it along. Nothing to see here.
No, the 47% comment was not accurate but it is indicative of what plutocrats and right-wing ideologues believe. In the real world, as opposed to the right-wing bubble that reinforces their own fallacies, most that don't pay federal income taxes either work full-time but fail to earn enough to meet the tax threshold; are elderly or are disabled.

Romney lost because he was the image of what Americans view as the entitled upper-crust that believes he is better than the riff-raff. He reminds everyone of Thurston Howell the Third.-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2013, 07:25 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,017,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Typo - I meant to say Clinton as per the link.

Is Clinton not rude with a dozen women claiming that he has anywhere from sexually harassed to raped them.

Funny how people who don't care if there are rape allegations care about allegations of hurrying up waiters. Democrats and their war on women.

Yes, yes...I'm quite aware of President Clinton's accusers as well as their rewards for their allegations; even the mother of Paula Jones wouldn't recognize her after the donor-funded nose job. It's a lucky break for men that women whom they've propositioned don't usually sue them.

I specifically asked for a citation regarding President Obama's perceived "rudeness" as expressed by Mr. Lott. I haven't received one yet, although NewJerseyMemories provided helpful information in that respect. No further response is needed.

This thread, however, isn't about either man; it's about Romney's documented rudeness.

How funny that women voted overwhelmingly for President Obama in both elections:

Gender Gap In 2012 Election Aided Obama Win

Republicans and their need to interfere in the lives of women...tsk, tsk.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:08 PM

26,509 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Yes, yes...I'm quite aware of President Clinton's accusers as well as their rewards for their allegations; even the mother of Paula Jones wouldn't recognize her after the donor-funded nose job. It's a lucky break for men that women whom they've propositioned don't usually sue them.

I specifically asked for a citation regarding President Obama's perceived "rudeness" as expressed by Mr. Lott. I haven't received one yet, although NewJerseyMemories provided helpful information in that respect. No further response is needed.

This thread, however, isn't about either man; it's about Romney's documented rudeness.

How funny that women voted overwhelmingly for President Obama in both elections:

Gender Gap In 2012 Election Aided Obama Win

Republicans and their need to interfere in the lives of women...tsk, tsk.
You need to take a long look in the mirror. Your hypocritical actions are what is wrong with American political discourse.

1 anecdotal piece of evidence of Romney hurrying up a wait staff during a busy campaign season is enough to condemn the man.....but a dozen women making serious allegations of crimes ranging from the 1960s to his presidency are all liars, because the accused has a D next to his name.

No wonder so many stay silent when they are assaulted by men...so many people attack the victim.

1969 - Eileen Wellstone comes forward in 1969 and accuses Clinton of sexually assaulting her at Oxford in England. A State Dept. Employee admitted to talking to the girls family...Clinton insisted it was consensual sex and she dropped the charges and Clinton was out at Oxford early.

1972 - a Woman at Yale came forward in 1972 and told campus police that she was sexually assaulted by law student Bill Clinton...charges were not filed.

1974 - Clinton was accused by a female student of groping her in her office. The girl dropped out of school and she came forward the year it happened in 1974.

1978 - Juanita Broddrick claims that Bill Clinton raped her. She tells a few people in the 1970s.

1978-1980 - State Troopers get 7 complaints from women who claim that Clinton forced or tried to force himself on them.

1982 - Miss Arkansas Elizabeth Ward's friends claim that she came to them claiming that she was raped. She insisted in an TV interview that it was consensual, but later changed her story and said that Clinton suppoters had threatened her and she was in fact raped.

1994 - Paula Corbin filed a sexual harassment suit against Clinton from harassment in 1991. Clinton paid her out of court $850,000 to drop the charges.

Sandra Allen James alleged that Clinton tried to rape her, an Arkansas State Trooper stationed outside of the hotel room intervened and she was told to keep her mouth shut if she wanted to stay involved in politics.

1993 - Kathleen Wiley alleged Clinton sexually assaulted her in the same year it happened.

Clinton's ignored accusers - Illinois Review
FREEPER PROJECT: Eileen Wellstone and Clinton's Removal from Oxford

Was Eileen Wellstone asking for it in your opinion?

If all of these women should be blamed as liars and opportunists...why are there women alleging that Clinton raped and sexually assaulted/harassed them during his college years and professor years?

P.S. For Lott - Try google...

John Lott: And that is when he made the statement about believe that people shouldn’t be able to own guns, I said, “Well, maybe we can get together for lunch and we can talk about it.â€

John Lott: And because I knew he was also supportive of the Chicago suit against the gun makers.

John Lott: He just grimaced and turned around and walked away and that was the end of the conversation. And that’s the way many conversations went that I had with him and I believe just in general he really disliked talking to people that he regarded as conservatives.

Dave Bose: He didn’t even say goodbye? He just grimaced and turned around?

John Lott: Right.

Dave Bose: Or, did he say no thanks?

John Lott: No, he just turned around and walked away.

Dave Bose: Not even the usually polite, “Yeah, we’ll do that sometime?â€

John Lott: No. I mean, and there were cases in later years where I would reach out to shake his hand and he would just refuse my hand.

Obama: “I don’t believe people should be able to own guns.â€

Old 04-16-2013, 09:12 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Show me a video of Romney actually being rude to the wait staff and in good context -- not just a person recalling their own perspective on TV.

Not saying Romney has never been rude in his long life.

mitt romney Tells Woman "Your Cookies Suck" - YouTube

Old 04-16-2013, 10:23 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,763,680 times
Some people are "tough" in nature.
My professor was very tough too and accused me of being lazy etc. but I don't hate him. It's just his personality.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Wow a comment not in context where the woman could have made a comment about not having had time to bake her favorite cookies. That certainly proves that you can judge a man's entire existence...totally worse than if he had Clintoned her. /s P.S. do a YouTube search for Obama being rude.

Is Bill Clinton rude because women in every decade from the 1960s to the 1990s - over a dozen total women - accused him of sexual harassment, sexual assault or rape? I bet you are a partisan sheep that makes judgments solely based on the R and D next to their names.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:50 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,643,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
Yeah, Romney would make a great Public Servant, wouldn't he?
He would have saved our crounty from the corrupt communist b@stard not destroying the American way of life..

Old 04-17-2013, 02:58 PM

8,633 posts, read 9,142,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
He would have saved our crounty from the corrupt communist b@stard not destroying the American way of life..
Obama's a communist....... Mitt Romney made his fortune not only sending thousands of American jobs to a communist country but help pave the way for other companies to do the same. And have the nuts to offshore his accounts. And then insult 47% of Americans. Who's the frigging commie now, sitting at home instead of in the White House.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Obama's a communist....... Mitt Romney made his fortune not only sending thousands of American jobs to a communist country but help pave the way for other companies to do the same. And have the nuts to offshore his accounts. And then insult 47% of Americans. Who's the frigging commie now, sitting at home instead of in the White House.
Clinton encouraged outsourcing by giving China most favored nation trading status. Clinton attacked anyone who argued that this would be bad for the US.

Obama has said that we can't get those jobs back. That we don't want those jobs back. That we need to focus on the high tech jobs. Obama's jobs advisor Immelt is a chief outsourcer and has continued to outsource.

I am sure those 2 above are absolved, because they have a D next to their name.

P.S. China truly isn't a communist country.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:23 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,961,139 times
Quote:
Wow a comment not in context where the woman could have made a comment about not having had time to bake her favorite cookies. That certainly proves that you can judge a man's entire existence...totally worse than if he had Clintoned her. /s P.S. do a YouTube search for Obama being rude.
The cookies came from Bethel Bakery, a local institution, and that comment caused a minor storm of controversy. It was very rude and completely dismissive of the people who attended the staged picnic.
Cookie Gate

How do make negative press out of cookies. That takes a special brand of aloofness. I mean, who doesn't like cookies? Nobody, that's who.

Quote:
Is Bill Clinton rude because women in every decade from the 1960s to the 1990s - over a dozen total women - accused him of sexual harassment, sexual assault or rape? I bet you are a partisan sheep that makes judgments solely based on the R and D next to their names.
What?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies