Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 06:36 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I find it amazing what a fuss the West is making when three civilians die in Boston, while we keep killing many more innocent civilians in Afghanistan etc. all the time, as if those people's lives were less important...
Who exactly are you referring to with the statement "innocent civilians"?

Old 04-16-2013, 06:37 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,127,199 times
NPR was saying this morning the administration is leaning towards the belief this is a domestic rather than an intnl act of terror.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:37 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So the Post is saying "their sources" tell them that this Saudi National that's a person of interest was tackled running from the scene, had burns on his torso and reportedly said "I thought there were going to be two explosions" and "did anyone die"?

We'll have to see if A.Any of this is actually verifiable and B.If there's any independent evidence to back it up. Since they're now going over this guy's life with a microscope I'd guess they'll know by days end if they've got the right person.
The Post? Who the hell reads the Post? If I had that rag in my house I would use it to line to bottom of a bird cage because that's about the only useful thing it could be used for. Read it on the internet? Have never, ever done that. But nice to know where you get your info from.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:39 AM

155 posts, read 110,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Right................................... like when Bin Laden denied 911 for a couple months?

Violence in America comes mostly from the left, yet libs are constantly seeking this "redneck terrorist", clad in overalls with missing teeth and driving a pickup, as the source of unrest in America. They even claim that Tim McVeigh was a conservative! Look at the mass shootings over the last decade and nearly all have been comitted by crazy left wing loons with guns.

Gee.................... the best friend of your president attempted to blow up the Pentagon as well. Was he a conservative then?

PS- Think of Ocam's Razor- they are questioning a 20 year old Saudi who had gunpowder residue on him who was tackled by a bystander (good thing he profiled) while running from the scene. He apparently said, "I thought there was going to be a second bomb".
This post is full of inaccurate statements. Thats all the time I will give to what ever this is.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:42 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,127,199 times
The search on the home is connected to a young Saudi citizen who is visiting on a student visa and has been questioned, the official said. So far, the official told CNN, he has not heard of anything being found connecting the person to the bombings.
Authorities also plan to search through videos from surveillance cameras near the attack in Boston's Copley Square. So far, no footage has been spotted showing someone placing the bombs.
The Revere Fire Department said on its Facebook page that the FBI; the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives; immigration officials, state and local police, detectives and bomb techs all took part in the search at the apartment just north of Boston.

The search of the house is related to the Saudi Man.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:43 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,749,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Who exactly are you referring to with the statement "innocent civilians"?
Mothers, children... Let's be honest, in the West we think like this: "Who cares about what happens outside our own borders? The world - minus our own lands - is our battleground. When we kill innocent people in Afghanistan, so be it, they are collateral damage. Our own people, however, are sacred and more precious, so are our lands."
Something like that... Basically, it is racism and similar -isms...

Old 04-16-2013, 06:43 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I've been watching the news ... haven't seen anything about there being 2 people being held. Please advise where I can find that info.

It's because you watch MSNBC. They do not want the country to know that the two people they are holding are Saudis and want to fan the flames that it was a "right wing domestic terrorist".

Stop watching all the propaganda. MSNBC will get around to reporting on the Saudi situation in a week or two.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:44 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
The Post? Who the hell reads the Post? If I had that rag in my house I would use it to line to bottom of a bird cage because that's about the only useful thing it could be used for. Read it on the internet? Have never, ever done that. But nice to know where you get your info from.
Whoa, don't hate on the messenger. I don't/didn't read the post, all the talking heads on all the news stations are referencing the POST stories.
Lots and lots of "stories" out there right now and every news org is doing their absolute best to elbow others out of the way to get "the scoop" unfortunately most of what's being trotted out is more "poop" than "scoop".

Old 04-16-2013, 06:46 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECLand View Post
This post is full of inaccurate statements. Thats all the time I will give to what ever this is.
............... none of which you can refute.

Your response is akin to Joe Pesci in "My Cousin Vinney".... "Everything that guy said is BS".

1. Two people being held are Saudis

http://www.businessinsider.com/the-n...suspect-2013-4

2. Most of the mass shootings in America have been conducted by libs

http://clashdaily.com/2013/01/the-5-...rom-democrats/

3. Obama's friends (Bill Ayers and others) did attempt to blow up the Pentagon while in the Weather Underground (it is before your time).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weather_Underground

So can you actually refute any of the above? I guess not. Carry on...............

Old 04-16-2013, 06:48 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Did I say is was the absolute truth? I said it was "reported". See the difference.

I guess it's safe to say that you are discounting what you are hearing and reading what is being reported about the incident because not of it is the absolute truth, other than the pictures and what witnesses are saying.
yes, I am, until more info comes out, I'm not speculating or assuming...b/c yesterday, RIGHT after the bomb went off, the media on different channels were already targeting the bomber....and each channel had they're own theory...so, time, to me, is of the essence.

Oh and they also reported there were other bombs, that did not go off, but bomb squads were dismanteling, and one was set off by the bomb squad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies