Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2013, 11:09 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
You know what is getting no coverage anymore?

Where were the two bombs that were dismantled? This was reported on Fox News for two hours straight.

Also, why has there been no follow up on the bomb found in St. Ignatius Church near BC? That was on the news as well.

When I called BCPD they said that they hadn't even heard of the incident.

It seems both of these subjects have just been swept under the rug.
b/c they report what they are told to report, and they don't want to start a panic, and have wall street go for another deep dive....that is what the terrorists want to happen.
I find it very strange, actually funny, that all day yesterday, they reported that the JFK library had been bombed also, but then much later said, it was an explosion from something else, and nothing more was said about it????????

This government is not going to tell us everything, b/c they don't want to start a panic....

Old 04-16-2013, 11:10 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,127,199 times
Just out:

NYT Source: Saudi Person Of Interest Not Involved In Attack...

Late Monday night, law enforcement officials descended on an apartment building in the suburb of Revere, about five miles north of Copley Square, linked to a man the police took into custody near the scene of the bombings. But on Tuesday morning, one law enforcement official said investigators had determined that the man, who was hurt in a blast and was questioned at the hospital, was not involved in the attack.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:11 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MauriceP View Post
Here's the pic going around on facebook yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
Official Thread: Tragedies in Boston; bombing, shootings, and city shutdown for manhunt-c-2013-04-16-13-08  

Old 04-16-2013, 11:16 AM

OK so now they are saying the Saudi is not involved however they are also saying the Pressure cooking devices are similar to ones used against american troops in Afghanistan.

So back to square one.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:21 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
OK so now they are saying the Saudi is not involved however they are also saying the Pressure cooking devices are similar to ones used against american troops in Afghanistan.

So back to square one.
Not really...the wonder of the internet is that you can find out how to do just about anything, from knitting to making a pipe bomb.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Not really...the wonder of the internet is that you can find out how to do just about anything, from knitting to making a pipe bomb.
my sister just text me the same thing, she thinks whomever did this learn how to make the devices from the internet.

I was hoping for a "signature device" but being such a rustic one, it could be really anyone.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:25 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,347,425 times
Quote:

So back to square one.
The IRA had used similar devices, with a bit more punch.........

Old 04-16-2013, 11:25 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Here's a couple of live blogs of the coverage.

Boston Marathon bombs: live

Boy dies waiting to watch Dad cross the finish line as bombs blast Boston Marathon

This feed had this entry included...

7.39am AEST: CBS news reports Boston police as having confirmed they have video of someone bringing several backpacks to the blast site.

... which verifies a separate anecdotal account ...

From a cop friend in Boston–
A former partner says there was a reporter at the hospital in Boston. She overheard police saying they have video of the suspect dropping bombs into the garbage cans.

----------------------------------

POTENTIAL TERRORIST USE OF PRESSURE COOKERS - Dept. of Homeland Security

--------------------------------------

The Associated Press is reporting that the Boston explosives were in 6-litre pressure cookers and placed in black duffel bags.

They were told that the explosives were placed on the ground and contained shards of metal, nails and ball bearings.

The person says law enforcement officials have some of the bomb components but did not yet know what was used to set off the explosives."

Old 04-16-2013, 11:28 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
The IRA had used similar devices, with a bit more punch.........
They were an organized group. I don't think this will prove true for what happened in Boston though.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:28 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
my sister just text me the same thing, she thinks whomever did this learn how to make the devices from the internet.

I was hoping for a "signature device" but being such a rustic one, it could be really anyone.
Finding fragments and tracing their acquisition will help trace the maker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies