Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2013, 06:54 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
When will construction start for the Mosque near the marathon's start-finish line?
It would have to be in Copley Square or the mosque would have to rent a unit along Boylston Street.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:55 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
That "someone" is the source of a source of a source that feeds the confidential/insider info to King, et al. I heard that the first source works at Chik-Fil-A.
The 'someone' is their uncle. Maybe the uncle is part of King's Islamophobe fear-mongering hysteria.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:59 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkhunter View Post
Why is it, that if one white guy does anything to a minority its all our faults but One Muslim after another bombs shoots or attacks us and we need to take a step back and not rush to judgment? PMSNBC is spinning this as fast as any propaganda outfit. Its he was radicalized here in Mass, its anything but this kid decided to become a Muslim and go radical. Little old white ladies don't bomb and kill, so why not profile?

PMSMBC is as radical as the radial Muslims and are as dangerous to the USA as the radical Muslims.

Uhhh, you want to provide a link, or are you just talking out of your a$$?

Old 04-22-2013, 07:07 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
and let the driver go. I am sure they knew that he would call the police and say what they were driving.
He did tell the driver things like "we are headed to new york", etc. Maybe trying to throw them off their path?

Old 04-22-2013, 07:09 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Ok. Are you sure you dont mean when they interviewed him? This one particularly mentions his trip which he took last year, and who he met up with as part of the reason Russia tried to give the FBI a heads up about it.

I just dont understand how something like that is shrugged off or ignored? Hell, given that, he shouldve been one of the first suspects.
Sorry, did not get back to a real PC until now:

FBI disputes mother's claim they tracked elder bombing suspect - CNN.com

They were reporting based on the Mother's claims that the FBI was in constant contact with her son.

The last time the FBI was in contact with was 2011, when they interviewed him.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:13 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The 'someone' is their uncle. Maybe the uncle is part of King's Islamophobe fear-mongering hysteria.
The uncle lives in, I believe, Michigan and hadn't seen the family since 2005 and the last time he spoke talk to them (the older brother?) was in 2009. Apparently he didn't know anything about the family.

From the video of the uncle being interviewed:
Quote:
"If that happened, most likely somebody radicalised them."
Video: Boston bombing suspects' uncle Ruslan Tsarni (Full remarks) - POLITICO.com

Do you have a video or an article stating that an individual, such as Alex King, or anyone else for that matter, that interviewed the uncle?

Old 04-22-2013, 07:16 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
We'll never know. If they were to admit that..they had a tip and had the bomb squad there but didn't find it in time, imagine the repercussions ?

That cannot happen for a variety of reasons and I think we all know that.

But this is the second bombing incident where normal joes talk about bombing drills and being told not to panic.
Enough to convince me to take that into consideration when I go to a crowded public event.
Wouldn't surprise me that they had a tip or intelligence that something was going to happen considering all the monitoring that's going on. It also wouldn't surprise me that either A. they didn't want to cause panic or more probable B. They didn't want to spook the suspects and force them underground making 'em harder to find and allowing them to come back another day at an even bigger target.

I don't think the feds or locals dropped the ball, these types of terrorists are hard to find and when they are found the LEO's have to work within our legal framework, walking a fine line between protecting the public AND protecting the rights of suspected terrorists.

I know this gets used frequently but it is true, terrorists only have to get it right once, LE has to get it right every time.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:17 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
One thing to watch out for now is the coming restrictions on us. Theyre going to push for more cameras, push for regulation/control of gun powder, and plenty of other things. Meanwhile, they are going to ignore part of the problem, Islamic extremism.

Boston allowed itself to be shut down for a day. We stopped shopping, baseball games, travel, etc, etc, etc. All for one guy. This is America. We are supposed to be going on with our lives. Continue to protect our rights and privacy.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:18 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I wonder if White Hat is dissapointed that his brother is in paradise with 72 virgins and he isn't.
White Hat in time will say to himself - This is not what I expected. Few people involved in fanatic behavior can peer into the future more than half an hour.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:23 AM

5,147 posts, read 7,478,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
That "someone" guy again ... he doesn't work for "Rep King Islamaphobe", does he? Or maybe is one of our more obvious C-D versions of same?
No. But you probably already know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies