Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 11:04 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,127,410 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately, this is the case of an idiot being in charge of a presentation

If I was religious, I'd be outraged too. FFS, he lists Catholicism as an extremist sect...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2013, 11:05 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,826,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...s'what I was thinking. What ISN'T extreme about them is the better question.
their enthusiasm for rationale?

Old 04-18-2013, 11:11 AM

1,378 posts, read 1,395,258 times
I'm a Christian. I live in the SF Bay Area (you know, that godless liberal elitist secular stronghold). I've never gotten grief for being Christian (though I'm also politically liberal).

There are more conservative Christians here too, as well. They have their own churches and schools that seem popular within their circles. I don't see them catching much grief either, as long as they don't try to impose their views on their neighbors.

There are also plenty of Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Muslims, and many other religions represented here, too, as well as a large number of people who identify as "no religion." Yet somehow, they all more or less get along with each other.

Diversity of viewpoints is a good thing. Imagine that.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:43 PM

47,033 posts, read 26,113,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
We are now being classified as extremists by the US Army! All 1.5 BILLION of us!

"While outfits such as al Qaeda and the KKK are explicitly violent, the presentation also lists Catholicism and evangelical Protestantism as extremist groups"

Defense Department classifies Catholics, evangelicals as extremists - Washington Times

I guess we all look alike...
Wow - a Powerpoint slide. The St. Bartholomew's Day massacre suddenly suddenly dwindles to utter insignificance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies