Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 07:32 PM

30,003 posts, read 25,137,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
We should criticize them for being idiots who believe things that obviously make no sense. There is nothing patriotic about being paranoid and having a low IQ.

If you people were intelligent, you should be getting suspicious of how it is possible that EVERY tragedy in the United States is apparently an "inside job"... much less what the point or benefit to the government is of such a ridiculous ploy.
There is something patriotic about caring enough for your country and your fellow citizens to ask questions. Hard to deny things aren't perfect in this country, and yes, I too would like to know why, and how can we improve upon that. At the very least, perhaps we can agree that asking questions will do little to harm our country.

Not commenting on the inside job crap. Quite far fetched, and I cringe at most of what Alex Jones has said in the past. Seems most of his follows are quick to blame inside actions for damn near anything. Still, I do feel we benefit more with people asking questions. At least it makes for entertainment value

And I believe the majority of Americans know our politicians aren't looking out for our best interests anymore.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:36 PM

15,087 posts, read 13,497,105 times
Here is another reason to doubt this conspiracy theory:

It makes no rational sense that the US government somehow has a beneficial motive to blow up bombs at a sporting event, shut a whole city down, and send thousands of cops all over the place on a manhunt.

Conspiracy goons never even think that far.

Old 04-19-2013, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
There is something patriotic about caring enough for your country and your fellow citizens to ask questions. Hard to deny things aren't perfect in this country, and yes, I too would like to know why, and how can we improve upon that. At the very least, perhaps we can agree that asking questions will do little to harm our country.

Not commenting on the inside job crap. Quite far fetched, and I cringe at most of what Alex Jones has said in the past. Seems most of his follows are quick to blame inside actions for damn near anything. Still, I do feel we benefit more with people asking questions. At least it makes for entertainment value

And I believe the majority of Americans know our politicians aren't looking out for our best interests anymore.
That's great. But how about people start by asking some intelligent questions for a change instead of jumping to the stupidest, least plausible ones?

Old 04-19-2013, 07:40 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,173,334 times
... can I please, pretty please this one time tell an op (note the nondescript use of the article "an") to put a sock in it without getting an infraction because sometimes when tragic events occur telling someone to buzz off is the only proper response?

(waits patiently for next infraction)

Last edited by ovcatto; 04-19-2013 at 08:11 PM..

Old 04-19-2013, 09:51 PM

8,275 posts, read 12,899,684 times
wow the tin foil is too tight, it has eliminated the blood flow to the brain.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:55 PM

22,704 posts, read 24,771,967 times
Most of the time the obvious is the truth. But for some....that is just not good enough:

Old 04-19-2013, 11:28 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,752,928 times
Maybe it wasn't an exercise. Maybe they had a tip and were really looking for a bomb.
Pretty hard to cancel an event like the Boston Marathon because of a bomb threat don't ya think ?
Not all bomb threats prove true.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:46 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,075,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Here is another reason to doubt this conspiracy theory:

It makes no rational sense that the US government somehow has a beneficial motive to blow up bombs at a sporting event, shut a whole city down, and send thousands of cops all over the place on a manhunt.

Conspiracy goons never even think that far.
Well this will justify them asking for more funding for DHS. There is your motive. Never let a crisis go to waste. I don't think the government had anything to do with this but they sure rolled the DHS tanks and put more police on the scene than would show up at a dunkin donuts eating contest to stand around and stare at the ground all day long.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:37 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,102,114 times
What some of you who still believe the SEAL theory need to realize is that both White Hat and Black Hat were seen walking towards the finish line carrying backpacks.

The FBI claims they have a photo that shows White Hat dropping his bag and Jeff Bauman says he saw a man who looks like Black Hat drop his bag.

Bauman is pretty convincing - he woke up after experiencing a major trauma and immediately was able to recall something critical.

The FBI won't release the picture of White Hat dropping his bag - but there is a picture taken by a man who was running towards the scene that shows White Hat walking away and he is not carrying a bag.

I won't post the picture because if I could find it so can anyone who is interested.

My guess is that the true tin foil hat people won't bother - they will prefer to remain ignorant.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well this will justify them asking for more funding for DHS. There is your motive. Never let a crisis go to waste. I don't think the government had anything to do with this but they sure rolled the DHS tanks and put more police on the scene than would show up at a dunkin donuts eating contest to stand around and stare at the ground all day long.
Ah yes, there's the classic conservative hatred of law enforcement... If they are so useless, then where were you protecting people and getting these guys off the streets? Lots of tough talk from conservatives, but the police are usually the ones who actually do the dangerous work at the end of the day when these situations happen.

Also, there are more rational ways in which DHS could get funding than coming up with something as loony as this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies