Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2013, 08:02 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,943,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Not quite correct either. You can be interrogated without being mirandized, it only means THE INFORMATION YOU TELL THEM CAN NOT BE USED IN COURT.
yet you continously fail to list any federal statute or provison which states that contention...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2013, 08:03 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Many don't see it that way. They are looking at this as a singular event.
Probably the same group that had no issues with the assassination of Al-Awalki.
And lynch mob mentality back in the day!

Old 04-20-2013, 08:04 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
And you're a fool if you think they will never try to get you, we cannot give them any leeway. It is why we fought the revolutionary war.
One must wonder if Obama wished they had found him in another country so they could go in and execute him, and then throw him overboard in the ocean.

And I wonder how many people here who celebrated the execution of Bin Laden as an Obama success story, are now calling for this bomber to be mirandized. Remember, Bin Laden was never found guilty of anything, in the court of law, so this would make them hypocrites.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
yet you continously fail to list any federal statute or provison which states that contention...
I gave you FOUR Supreme Court rulings on the matter..

Old 04-20-2013, 08:06 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
One must wonder if Obama wished they had found him in another country so they could go in and execute him, and then throw him overboard in the ocean.

And I wonder how many people here who celebrated the execution of Bin Laden as an Obama success story, are now calling for this bomber to be mirandized. Remember, Bin Laden was never found guilty of anything, in the court of law, so this would make them hypocrites.
You have a point.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Not quite correct either. You can be interrogated without being mirandized, it only means THE INFORMATION YOU TELL THEM CAN NOT BE USED IN COURT.
You know, I think they know this and will be careful not to make that mistake.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
You know, I think they know this and will be careful not to make that mistake.
I'm pretty sure they do, but I'm also pretty sure they arent here posting either.

Clearly I'm telling people here posting.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:14 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Do you know what I think is interesting? The fact that the police in the Dohner case shot first and asked questions later, but in this case they actually arrested someone who was more of a terroristic threat.

Wanting more information, vs. silencing any information, immediately.

Quote:

Ha admitted to masterminding 911, it was an act of war, so he gave up any rights he may have been awarded in a court of law. When the Seals found him, he chose to raise his AK and aim it at the Seal, he signed his death warrant at that point. Had he surrendered, I am sure he would have been given his rights, in Arabic to boot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Miranda v. Arizona
In 1966, the case came in front of the Supreme Court. The Court ruled that the statements made to the police could not be used as evidence, since Miranda had not been advised of his rights.

hell, the warning is even named after the man

MIRANDA VS ARIZONA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies