Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is this what they teach children in the South?
Yes, that's a solid education. 3 10.00%
No, but they should teach this. 2 6.67%
Yes, but they need to stop. 6 20.00%
No, they're getting a solid education with real science. 2 6.67%
The moon is made of cheese. 16 53.33%
Other. 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 11:15 PM

65 posts, read 73,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
well of course the test was a fabricated piece of BS, but the OP figured no one from the south would figure that out.
Realistically, this is probably not fabricated and a true exam. However, it likely represents a small portion of schools in this nation. Which is still concerning.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:22 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
did you miss the title of the quiz?

Dinosaurs: Genesis and the Gospel.

[S]he got an A+.

What is the problem? She mastered the material presented. A person's beliefs are constitutionaly protected.
Did you miss the fact that it was titled a science quiz? If that is the "science" that is being taught in your schools, then I think you should be embarrassed.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:31 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Never mind bacteria, what about plants and plankton, responsible for delivering to us the very oxygen needed to sustain life.
It was actually bacteria that enriched the atmosphere with oxygen. Cyanobacteria to be precise.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:10 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
But it conveniently left out viruses, bacteria, fungi, and other important forms of life on this planet. It only spoke of the stuff one could see, never mentioned dinosaurs, and certainly never mentioned DNA or RNA. You know what would impress me? Is if I cracked open a two-thousand year old book and it said something along these lines:
You know what would impress ME? If I cracked open a two-thousand year old book and it said something along these lines. "Wash your hands. All KINDS of crap lives on them and you don't want to get sick."

Old 04-22-2013, 12:41 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,362,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I like how people claim this is an actual test and can't even come up with the school and instructor.

How the **** am I supposed to trust you that this is NOT a fabrication?

Any ****ing person can print a set of questions, make some scribbles, write in red ink and stick on a smiley sticker.

EDIT: and don't give me this bull **** private school. Give an actual name so that people know what school that teaches that brainwashes children to believe these religious lies.
Anger issues? lol

Old 04-22-2013, 02:54 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
Anger issues? lol
Give the guy a break. People who suffer from chemical imbalance don't have much control over their outbursts. God bless them (metaphorically, speaking).

Old 04-22-2013, 08:31 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You know what would impress ME? If I cracked open a two-thousand year old book and it said something along these lines. "Wash your hands. All KINDS of crap lives on them and you don't want to get sick."
open up a gemara (shabbos 108 and 109)
PS.
Jewish law (plus customs) mandates washing hands at many different times (going to the bathroom, after touching certain parts of the body, waking up etc.) many of which are because of a "evil wind" which is very easy (based on the sources) to interpret as germs.

Last edited by NY Jew; 04-22-2013 at 08:43 AM..

Old 04-22-2013, 08:43 AM

11,256 posts, read 11,028,294 times
These poor kids are brainwashed into believing this type of stuff is true through attending schools like this one (or homeschooling) and then are immediately funnelled into a Christian college after graduating from their private high school (or home classroom). The whole time the parents only allow them to associate with other like minded peers through church, private school, and family activities. Then they finally arrive in the real world after college, and they can't for the life of themselves understand why they have such a difficult time relating to the other adults around them.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:48 AM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
This is a 4th grade science quiz:

Actual 4th grade science test from a school in SC - Imgur

It's a private school in SC.
This is not what is taught in the public school systems in the south. This could be what is taught in any private religious school or Sunday school class across the nation. Since you can't provide a source for the document or any evidence of its legitimacy, I cant comment on it as a trugh.

If you really want to know what is being taught in 4th grade in the southern states Im sure there are legitmate sources. If you like I could scan a post my grandsons last sicence quiz.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:51 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,146,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
This is not what is taught in the public school systems in the south. This could be what is taught in any private religious school or Sunday school class across the nation. Since you can't provide a source for the document or any evidence of its legitimacy, I cant comment on it as a trugh.

If you really want to know what is being taught in 4th grade in the southern states Im sure there are legitmate sources. If you like I could scan a post my grandsons last sicence quiz.
Another poster put the problem well. There are a handful of schools that teach science like this. And that in itself is disturbing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies