Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 08:03 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,683,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I never said the RWNJ's have a monopoly on using thoughtless fear as a way to influence the mob. Some of our LWNJ's are also guilty of the same transgression but fewer liberals listen without thinking.
To use the words 'liberal' and 'think' in the same sentence is ludicrous.

Had Bostonians been a little more situationally aware, well...............

Old 04-22-2013, 08:19 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,950,328 times
Default Ant the other side who IS in CHARGE says this

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Another daily dose of fear and paranoia.

If you actually look at the sources almost all of them go back to 2000. That the author thinks that everything that has happened since the year 2000 is a plot by Obama to kill Americas is way past the point of insanity. Obama really has that time machine on full throttle I guess, because as the article states...
Chicken Little Obama: The Sky Is Falling because of sequester | 22MOON.COM

Obama Says The Sky Is Falling And It Can't Get Up | Talk Radio News ServiceTalk Radio News Service
While still pretending that he’s cut federal spending dramatically—which is totally false—Obama says hundreds of thousands of Americans will lose their health care access.
He claims tens of thousands of parents will lose childcare.
He claims FBI agents will be laid off and criminals will be turned loose. And Obama says there’s no escape, because air traffic control will be a mess.
There are better ways to handle scheduled slowdowns in spending—the sequester—Obama ignores them and now he’s trying to make public safety and our military take the hit.

OBAMA CARTOONS: Sequester: The Sky is Falling

Old 04-22-2013, 08:52 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,589 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Did anyone read the article ?

it seems to be blaming President Obama for a rise in ADHD diagnosises. You guys cant be serious.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:52 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
To use the words 'liberal' and 'think' in the same sentence is ludicrous.

Had Bostonians been a little more situationally aware, well...............
Wow, I have seen some sick things said on this forums...but blaming the victims of the bombing in Boston because they are all Liberals in your mind takes the cake. For shame.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:27 AM

977 posts, read 764,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
If I start a thread that labels Republicans as angry, stupid people, chances are Republicans will get angry. Thereby making my point.

I really don't see how that thread will have any value, similar to how this one has no value.
Yes. Logic would dictate that your first statement is correct if you are a lib.

And if this thread has no value, why engage in it?

Old 04-22-2013, 09:42 AM

6,265 posts, read 5,075,318 times
My opinion was that the article is a right wing, agenda driven hit piece.

Having said that I believe that the underlying theme of the article is correct. The agendas of the past few years have not been focusing on the economy of this country that continues to be (to be generous in description) "sluggish".

What have we been hearing about over the past few years?

1. Social issues - women's rights, gay marriage, abortion rights, legalizing pot
2. Expansion of the government in the form of socialized medicine
3. Expansion of the government in the form of the social safety net
4. Investment of the government in the form of financial support for failed green energy
5. Expansion of the government re: greater intrusions into personal freedoms
6. Gun control and gun confiscation
7. Hit lists and drone strikes
8. Amnesty and expansion of rights for illegal immigrants

Just off the top of my head.

Increasingly you can smoke pot, marry your same sex partner, have all the babies you want out of wedlock, get food stamps and free phones, have an abortion and get free birth control.

Our big corporation CEO's and our Wall Street execs have gone back to business as usual - the same business as usual that got us into the financial mess that we're still in almost 5 years after the entire financial system of the world almost collapsed.

The term "lady parts" has ridiculously become part of the American lexicon and demonstrators can dress up like vaginas while they protest outside the GOP convention hall. Law abiding Americans are worried about whether or not they can keep their guns but hood rats can shoot up little kids playing on the streets of any big city in America without anyone giving it a second thought. I watch video of the stoned, young people at the pot rally in Colorado and wonder if the residents of that state are proud of the choices they have made. TSA agents can feel up little kids in front of their parents at the airport and nobody says a word. We drone strike any number of international targets and fool ourselves into thinking the strike was clean and surgical and that there was no collateral damage. We talk ourselves into believing that allowing millions of poor and uneducated illegals into our country is a good thing. We diminsh and demean Christians and come to the support of Muslims. Our feds had one of these latest radicals on their radar and did nothing about him, but we suspend a little kid from school because he eats his pop tart into the shape of a gun.

I'm making sweeping generalizations in all this, but the trends are there.

I worked for many years in city government in two different states and saw it all the time, and the trend I saw at that level can also be applied to government at the federal level. React and over-react to a whole lot of so-called "issues" (there are never problems, only issues and challenges) but never actually deal with the real - underlying - actual - deep seated - toxic PROBLEMS that are staring everbody in the face if only they had the will to look.

There's an old expression that says if you don't stand for something then you'll fall for anything. Nowadays up is down, right is wrong, black is white, the sky is falling and there's a rainbow everywhere you look. There has to be some kind of foundation to a society - something to hold onto - something to believe in that keeps you grounded - some rules of conduct - that holds us all together.

Is the right to get stoned good for us as a society? Is the minimization of the family structure good for us a society? Is the creation of a dependant class good for society? Are the handouts to, and the excuse making for the unacceptable behavior of big business good for society?

And where is the recovering economy? Where are the jobs? Where is the financial security (if no longer the financial prosperity) promised by those who pull our strings?

All of these tangibles and intangibles ARE stressing the country. We are not a nation of happy campers.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:42 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,142,851 times
Taken from the article:
Terrorism. Chaos. Fear of the future. In the age of Obama, America is undergoing a “fundamental transformation” – that much everyone knows.
By the way, things are no better over the pond – and may be worse, according to one major study that concluded almost 40 percent of Europeans are plagued by mental illness.

So none of this started until Obama conjured a fundamental transformation? And it carries over across the pond and infects Europeans too?!

Every problem in that article would mostly be attributed to consumer products/culture and the pharmaceutical industry.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:48 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Did anyone read the article ?

it seems to be blaming President Obama for a rise in ADHD diagnosises. You guys cant be serious.
Even better, the the article basically endorses exactly what Michelle Obama has been pushing since she got into the White House - and the same things that they've been howling against for the entire time.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:54 AM

3,027 posts, read 2,522,932 times
anyone paying attention in this forum can see that the majority of the most unhinged, CT, and ranting posts come from those on the right. it all started with a hissy fit in 2008 and steadily got worse until they had an all out psychotic break in 2012.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:59 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,387,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
anyone paying attention in this forum can see that the majority of the most unhinged, CT, and ranting posts come from those on the right. it all started with a hissy fit in 2008 and steadily got worse until they had an all out psychotic break in 2012.
Seriously! Seems like the ones snapping are the conservatives, specifically on this forum.

I, for one, am not interested in some alarmist article. I still think in spite of of recent events, there is still a lot of good in this world and for me, life has been great. I really can't complain. I'm feeling pretty optimisstic about the future!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies