Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2013, 02:37 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,404,398 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
It's pretty obvious that the Republicans are trying to manufacture a major incident when, in fact, a minor one occurred. Of course, it's tragic when lives are lost, and there should be a level of accountability.

However the manufactured outrage is absurd and most people realize this. It's the last gasp of a shrill minority part desperately trying to take down this president who beat them twice. I think they also see it (wrongly) as a preemptive strike against Hillary Clinton, who was one of the greatest SOS in history, and will likely be our next president.

You can't manufacture enough outrage or catastrophisize relatively minor issues to make a Republican win.
The Republicans are basically just a bunch of angry people circle jerking each other inside the right wing media echo chamber these days. Eventually they'll run out of oxygen and just die off with this nonsense.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:37 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,677,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
small brains indeed - 'nuff said
Nice retort...never heard that one before.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:38 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,172,282 times
You conservatives are precious. It's cute how you totally overlook the biggest terrorist attack to hit our country ever & it happened with Bush at the helm. But you go ahead & pout over 4 deaths over in Libya.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:39 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,248,466 times
You're right, which is why i don't make comparisons.

I just tell all the Conservative whiners to go get a life.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:40 PM

38,014 posts, read 22,198,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I'm going to have to disagree. There use to be a time - maybe before you were conceived that the media was much more impartial. On top of that they couldn't report things unless they had confirmation from another source. Why they still don't have any accountiblility bothers me. The media is more liberal than they have ever been before and more willing to expound on things so they can say they "said it first" be it true or not.
All we need to do is look back to the 1960s, the media was liberal, but they still retained some of their principles. Even though a Democrat was president, the liberal media did not like the Vietnam war, and the racism in America, and they were not being quiet about it, and pretending it did not exist to provide cover for their Democrat president.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:44 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,052,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Ummm, the link I responded to was not trying to make 0bama look bad, it was offering him cover.

I'm not sure where you are going with that.
If you are trying to imply with this thread that Benghazi is indeed not as big of a deal as people are makign it out to be, then yes, I agree, and apologize for my post.

Otherwise, it'll stand.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I did watch until it became totally obvious what they were about. When one of the Rebubs was questioning Hicks by asking a question and providing the answer, not even letting Hicks present his own answer... that kind of told me it was time to switch to General Hospital. I guess the questioner was afraid Hicks wouldn't stay on the approved list of answers or something.
Agreed, I don't like it when these politicians turn political and start trying to script things. Just get to the truth. We aren't stupid, and this turns into a partisan witch hunt with no significant progress it will become a circus. They need to start calling some witnesses who can give us the answers to why we failed to protect and defend.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Nice retort...never heard that one before.
Then try not living up to it.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:52 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,886,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
In which of the other embassy attacks did the White house come forward with a story that was completely contradicted by the facts presented by the people who were there?
In which other embassy attack did the opposition hold numerous hearings demanding that the administration account for every word that was spoken in the chaos and aftermath of the situation? Answer, none.

So what contradictory statements might those previous administrations have come up with? We will never know, because instead of dragging the administration through numerous hearings, the opposition party accepted the well known truth that embassies are dangerous places, mourned our dead, and directed our wrath and all of our energy toward punishing the perpetrators who actually caused said deaths. Something that I notice is of little interest to the right wingers here.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:52 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,944,870 times
They just won't let this go will they... I saw one article predicting that this will be Obama's Watergate... really? That would leave us with President Biden... I guess the RWNJ have a contingency for that eventuality... Speaking of Watergate... if Nixon had been capable of simply letting the Universe unfold as it should he would not have had to resign in disgrace... Republicans have learned nothing from history... they tried to crucify Clinton and it backfired terribly... Romney tried to overturn fair elections in a number of precincts and that strategy also FAILED. You guys will get your turn only if you deserve it.

H
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies