Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2013, 03:05 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
If that's where the blame lies so be it. They are now the leaders of this country - they need to take responsibility if their actions are to blame. If not than the appropriate people should be held accountible.
IF is a mighty big word. If the Republicans were really concerned they would be attempting to determine the origin of the CIA talking points instead of taking every opportunity to rant about Susan Rice. However, like Rep Gowdy said lets just "fast forward" passed that and attack Susan Rice. So far I've seen very little evidence that the committee is really concerned about the events unless of course they can attack Obama, Clinton and Rice.

Why didn't they ask Hicks if anyone from the CIA had asked him for his input on the situation.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:09 PM

500 posts, read 376,077 times
Low information voters will never understand why Benghazi was a travesty and is a flaming example of the pure incompetence within the administration.

No hearings will change that.

One look at Rep Maloney and Elijah Cummings and you see evidence of the pure evil in our government.

People died. It matters.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:09 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,846,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
As is typical of libs in this investigation, you have no answers.

Gee, Bob, if the answers are so obvious, why don't you tell us-

1. Why the available military assets were told to "stand down" during the attack?
2. Who ordered these forces to "stand down"?
3. Why was the commander of Africom fired after this?
4. Why did Hillary tell Hicks she agreed the consulate should be evacuated, then denied the evacution?
5. Who over-ruled Hillary?
6. Why did the White House ignore the warnings of the Libyan government?
7. Why, despite the requests of Hicks, was the FBI investigation of the site delayed 18 days?
8. What communication did the State Department have with Obama?
9. Why did Rice perpetuate the "video" lie, even when it was clear this was incorrect?
10. Who told Rice to make the talk show rounds espousing the video lie?
11. Did Obama have any direct communication with Africom?
12. Did Panetta have any direct communication with Africom?
13. Why have those who wrote the 'official" White House version of Benghazi refused to testify?

Since you already know all the answers, just share them with us. You can save the tax payers the trouble of the congressional hearings.
The consulate and the CIA annex were evacuated within 12 hours of the attack.

The 2nd response team was told not to go more then likely because they had already decided to pull everyone out of Benghazi. They know the commanders name so they can ask him.

Rice's comments match the CIA talking points prior to any State Department edits of the CIA talking points.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:12 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The attack was the largest scale attack against any US consulate, so that alone makes it a big deal. Imagine if more attacks on this scale were launched against other consulates and embassies? How are we supposed to defend against them, unless the host country is ready to increase their level of preparedness and both their and our rapid response forces are greatly expanded.
I'm not implying that Benghazi didn't have any failures that we could learn from, I am, however, implying that it's simply not the big deal and Obama-killer that people want it to be.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:13 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,940,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
What exactly is it about conservatives that renders them incapable of considering more than two options at a time? Can they not count higher than two?

No. Not every time. But since the election of Barack Obama, it has certainly become standard operating procedure for this particular Congress.

You can question anything you want. But why question anything when it is crystal clear that you could not care one whit what the answers are? It renders your questions pointless, identifies your motives as dishonorable, and teaches the rest of us to dismiss you as unworthy of serious attention. If there ever does actually happen to be something needing investigation, you guys will never get it done.

Boy. Cry. Wolf.
Then you & I differ on what we feel needs investigating. Perhaps because of our different attitudes towards the current president & his administrations goals & policies. I want to know why this administration, from President Obama to then Secretary of State Clinton, to Ambassador Rice, continued to push the clearly inaccurate story of a protest over a video, for days after the event, when it was clear that this was a terrorist attack. You don't want to know that, I guess. Considering your chosen nom de plume, this surprises me.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:15 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,805,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
If that's where the blame lies so be it. They are now the leaders of this country - they need to take responsibility if their actions are to blame. If not than the appropriate people should be held accountible.
The primary responsibility mostly lies with Stevens. He paid a high price. He was the most knowledgeable and on site. You can bump executive responsibility up to Clinton...but this was really a field decision. The killing of the two CIA mercenaries was the fault of whoever deployed the defense of the annex.

Nobody stood down except for good cause. The operation had gone from a defensive one to an evacuation when the 4 SF guys were told to stand down.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:18 PM

196 posts, read 115,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Then you & I differ on what we feel needs investigating. Perhaps because of our different attitudes towards the current president & his administrations goals & policies. I want to know why this administration, from President Obama to then Secretary of State Clinton, to Ambassador Rice, continued to push the clearly inaccurate story of a protest over a video, for days after the event, when it was clear that this was a terrorist attack. You don't want to know that, I guess. Considering your chosen nom de plume, this surprises me.
Nixon resigned after a term and part of another....I double this president will. Nixon lied and obstructed justice. Coming off of eight miserable years of Bush...Obama should be awarded a medal.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:22 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
I'm not implying that Benghazi didn't have any failures that we could learn from, I am, however, implying that it's simply not the big deal and Obama-killer that people want it to be.
That's all I want, to find out where the failures were and prevent them from reoccurring.

People in positions of authority always have to make tough decisions, manning up to them is what is completely absent here. No one seems to have been in charge, everyone in our government is pretending to be wide-eyed and innocent, while pointing fingers all over, or even refusing to acknowledge there were any failures at all.

As far as I can tell, if another similar attack occurs in Libya, the same exact outcome will be the result.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:23 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Wow! That's a lot of explaining to come to the conclusion that Obama was responsible for 4 lives while Bush was responsible 100,000+ lives. I assume you passed 1st grade math?
Not surprising that you completely missed the point.

In a free society, preventing all terrorists attacks is not possible since the liberties of all citizens would be restricted.

The issue with Benghazi isn't that a terrorist attack took place.

The issue is that after numerous requests for addition security forces were ignored by the State department in the months leading up to the attack, the embassy personnel were unable to protect themselves.

Also, no effort was made to help the embassy personnel once the attack began.

Understanding they really screwed up, the regime decided to invent a lie to cover-up their incompetence.

Of course, since this wonder boy effin-up, the press will ignore this story as much as possible and liberals will continue to downplay the attack and negligence leading up to it.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:24 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
That's all I want, to find out where the failures were and prevent them from reoccurring.
This I have no issue with.

Quote:
People in positions of authority always have to make tough decisions, manning up to them is what is completely absent here. No one seems to have been in charge, everyone in our government is pretending to be wide-eyed and innocent, while pointing fingers all over, or even refusing to acknowledge there were any failures at all.
Unfortunatly, today's political climate, on both sides of the aisle, call more for "HE DID IT!" "NUH-UH! HE DID!" and arguing about responsibility instead of trying to find solutions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies