Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 04:53 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times

Advertisements

10s of thousands killed by rockets, gernades, tanks, fighter jets, machine guns,helicopter gun ships, just to name a few!!! and now with the mere mention of wmd and now we might get involved? the etiquette of war.. dead is dead...

Old 04-25-2013, 05:12 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
10s of thousands killed by rockets, gernades, tanks, fighter jets, machine guns,helicopter gun ships, just to name a few!!! and now with the mere mention of wmd and now we might get involved? the etiquette of war.. dead is dead...
WMDs can kill tens of thousands in minutes.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:27 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
WMDs can kill tens of thousands in minutes.

the pressure cooker bombs used in the boston bombings were considered wmd's.. whats the difference between a rocket landing in a crowd, or a pressure cooker going off in a crowd? not much.. but i bet the rocket would kill more people..

Old 04-25-2013, 09:58 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
US has said that would be a game changer. We shall see if US takes action
We don't need to play this game.

[]

Old 04-25-2013, 10:11 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,839,638 times
Quote:
US has said that would be a game changes. We shall see if US takes action
so what if Syria uses chemical weapons - it's their war so up to them what they do.

most supposed 'concerned folk' only care if there's oil or self interest at stake anyway.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:16 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Obama's Iraq moment?
Yep... only now we'll be arming the Al Queda aligned rebels to take out Russia's puppet. Eveyone should think long and hard about that rock and a hard place we'll be squeezing into.

I say let Syria and the rebels work it out for themselves. The middle east was much quieter with puppets running the show. Benghazi would have never happened.

With that said: WWIII will be served up shortly, because it's the only way the Amer-Euro countries (who are ALL bankrupt) will be able to reset the world monetary system.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:18 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,839,638 times
AFAIK, the Syrian rebels are no better than Assad anyway,

I mean, look at the mess that Egypt and Iraq have descended into - and how about Libya?

Old 04-25-2013, 10:42 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
That's just silly!

Where would Syria have gotten ahold of poison gas?

Everyone knows Iraq never had WMDs and they certainly didn't send them across the border to Syria.

Those were just Internet rumors.

If you can make organophosphate insecticides, you can make Sarin nerve gas one of the G-class nerve agents and originally developed by a I. G. Farben project in the 1920s for making new pesticides. It was found to be too toxic for agricultural use but its combination of broad spectrum toxicity , persistance and thermal stability made it a fine chemical weapon along with its derviatives Somin (a favorite of the Soviets) and Tabun. It is just as effective against farm livestock as people so it can be used to attack agriculture. If it is mixed with water it decomposes into nontoxic phosphates so it is usually safe to go into an area contaminated with Sarin after a good rain and you can easily deconaminate vehicles or property by washing it. Just before WW2 US companies Dow Chemical and Du Pont exchanged US patents for synthetic rubber and rayon with I.G. Farben for the G-class compounds i.e. for the rights to make Sarin and the other G-class compounds for sale in the USA. The Germans `got the better of the deal.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:52 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
If you can make organophosphate insecticides, you can make Sarin nerve gas one of the G-class nerve agents and originally developed by a I. G. Farben project in the 1920s for making new pesticides. It was found to be too toxic for agricultural use but its combination of broad spectrum toxicity , persistance and thermal stability made it a fine chemical weapon along with its derviatives Somin (a favorite of the Soviets) and Tabun. It is just as effective against farm livestock as people so it can be used to attack agriculture. If it is mixed with water it decomposes into nontoxic phosphates so it is usually safe to go into an area contaminated with Sarin after a good rain and you can easily deconaminate vehicles or property by washing it. Just before WW2 US companies Dow Chemical and Du Pont exchanged US patents for synthetic rubber and rayon with I.G. Farben for the G-class compounds i.e. for the rights to make Sarin and the other G-class compounds for sale in the USA. The Germans `got the better of the deal.

Nevertheless, if offered by Iraq, Syria would be happy to get some free WMDs.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:54 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,991,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Link me where anyone ever said the Boston Bombers used WMD's.

When I hear the word mass I'm thinking in the hundreds or thousands similar to what Timothy McVeigh did in Oklahoma City.

Boston Bombers were home grown terrorists who used Muslim extremist bomb making recipies made readily available on the internet.

I think it is an abuse of the words Weapon of mass destruction to apply it to anything but a nuclear attack on a populated target that could kill 100,000s or even ,millions of people or the use of a biological pathogen that could kill millions when it ran its course. Even a pill bottle filled with anthrax spores could merit that label because if put in the right place like a subway tunnel could kill 10s of thousands before the epidemic runs its course . Comparedto real weapons of mass destruction 9/11 was just a pinprick in the life of this nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies