Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2013, 04:46 PM

14,023 posts, read 15,032,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Great thoughts except for one sticky little problem. Every time we remove an "evil dictator" what he's replaced with ends up to be worse.
Name one replaced dictator that's turned out well for us or for the people of said country?
Give it time, Look at France from 1789-1830 it was a mess. America from 1782-1789 was a mess.
Germany took 40 years to reunite after World War II, as was a mess from 1918-1933.
Britain had problems when it tried to get rid of its monarchy. These things need time to sort themselves out.
They call Italy (1945-1955) The Italian miracle for a reason, because massive Government change usually caused issues.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:47 PM

1,347 posts, read 954,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
They still don't know if they were deliberately used or just in a building which got shelled. That only six people got sick seems to imply the later as a deliberate use generally would get more people. I, for one, am happy we have a president who waits for all the facts before rushing to war.

[/guy who actually served in Iraq unlike the chicken hawks]
Obama is FOS, and his unwillingness to step in and stop the slaughter - without manufacturing "red lines" or some other nonsense - is proof of that. He did not need to wait for some arbitrary chemical weapons action to do something; haven't there been enough massacres to say enough?

And I really don't get the left and their pathetic hypocrisy and inconsistencies; the syrian people were practically begging the West and US to help them from the assad murder machine - the very liberals, academics and intellectual brothers of the left in the West - and you ignored their pleas. Just disgraceful, I'm glad the French didn't tell us to FO in 1776.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:47 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
Ugh, get real - he had to be dragged by the US public and the EU/NATO allies to do anything in Libya.
Eehhhh....actually no. Study up.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Eehhhh....actually no. Study up.
Are facts important, or just spewing your BS agenda?

Obama

"As the crisis in Libya has unfolded, a number of commentators have criticized the Obama administration for the time it took to act. It has also been reprimanded for not taking the lead among the international community and for insisting, as the crisis intensified, that it would not act without the sanction of the United Nations Security Council."

-----

The roots of indecision: Obama and Libya - Opinion - Al Jazeera English

"Most egregiously, Obama delayed any decision regarding Libya until Gaddafi was on the verge of crushing his opponents. Confusion as far as the eye can see."

====================

Not exactly right-wing sources

I am not sure what kind of dimwits you might be used to dealing with on political forums, but I suggest you do not take me lightly again in the future.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:00 PM

92 posts, read 67,008 times
Quote:
Ugh, get real - he had to be dragged by the US public and the EU/NATO allies to do anything in Libya. He is as bad - if not worse - than Carter. I cannot believe that the US public voted this ******* in twice.
And yet we did. Wait until 2016. You're head will just repeatedly explode. Hahahahahaha.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Abby View Post
And yet we did. Wait until 2016. You're head will just repeatedly explode. Hahahahahaha.
Carter's failings led to over 30 years of conservative presidential victories, republican and democratic. I am very much looking forward to 2016, thank you.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Ugh, get real - he had to be dragged by the US public and the EU/NATO allies to do anything in Libya. He is as bad - if not worse - than Carter. I cannot believe that the US public voted this ******* in twice.
Plus bin Laden was killed under Obama's watch. I'll bet your blood is boiling with that one, huh?

Old 05-02-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Carter's failings led to over 30 years of conservative presidential victories, republican and democratic. I am very much looking forward to 2016, thank you.
Yea, me too.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Abby View Post
Plus bin Laden was killed under Obama's watch. I'll bet your blood is boiling with that one, huh?
I'm guessing with your juvenile comments you might be 14.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:20 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Use your heads, it does nothing for the Syrian gov't and Assad to attack their own people. But the FSA can attack Syrians and blame it on Assad. Don't buy into the lies. Think! You are being manipulated by media and war mongerers like McCain and Graham. They need to keep the money flowing into the military-corporate industrial complex. If we aren't in a continual state of war, people might start asking where all the money is going.

Syria - Media Manipulation (Syria-Truth) - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies