Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2013, 07:46 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Histroy is never usesless and we really need it to understand and explain why millions of people in this world have made it lifes ambition to bring a little of the bloodshed and death from out of the blue to American homes, businesses and streets that we have brought to theirs. Do you even remember what happened in Grozny? Who side we were on?
So it's your opinion that the U.S. is to blame for all this?

Old 05-02-2013, 07:48 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,463,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
US has said that would be a game changes. We shall see if US takes action
can you even imagine obama taking action?

imagine this... try not to laugh.

obama: " today i have authorized american troops to set feet in syria to stop the use of chemical weapons against citizens"

obama is not this type of leader. he is so weak that he will do anything to avoid conflict.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:00 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
can you even imagine obama taking action?

imagine this... try not to laugh.

obama: " today i have authorized american troops to set feet in syria to stop the use of chemical weapons against citizens"

obama is not this type of leader. he is so weak that he will do anything to avoid conflict.
Is that how it went with Libya, and the escalation of Afghanistan?

Having said that I woud add that most people would want ANY American leader to do all they can to avoid war.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:47 AM

1,347 posts, read 954,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
If it isn't listed, it should be. Have a read:
White phosphorus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Peace.
brian
It should be? All people should eat their green peas, WTF does that mean?

Until is is illegal to use, it will be used, and that will be whether you like it or not.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Is that how it went with Libya, and the escalation of Afghanistan? Having said that I woud add that most people would want ANY American leader to do all they can to avoid war.
What exactly did obama do in libya, besides lead from behind? And why was it so important to stop ghadaffi from killing a few thousand people - when the assad syrian murder machine/mafia gang has slaughtered almost 100,000 people? Where is the leadership in a far worse situation in syria?

As for what "most people would want," they'd want to have a leader with credibility, whose word means something.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:08 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
What exactly did obama do in libya, besides lead from behind? And why was it so important to stop ghadaffi from killing a few thousand people - when the assad syrian murder machine/mafia gang has slaughtered almost 100,000 people? Where is the leadership in a far worse situation in syria?

As for what "most people would want," they'd want to have a leader with credibility, whose word means something.
Did you expect him to ride into battle with the first wave? Give me a break.

Someone said he is too weak to take action and will do anything to avoid war, and I asked how that claim looks in the light of him going into Libya and escalating Afghanistan war?

Old 05-02-2013, 11:12 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,799,372 times
Why do we care what weapons these fools use to kill each other? The more they kill the better it is for the rest of us. "May my enemies have enemies" is the appropriate adage.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:24 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post

If you're not asking questions, then you are nothing but a tool, a gov't mouthpiece.
How do you know how many have died in Syria, who's doing the headcounts? Those so called rebels, that are really terrorists we are supporting to force regime change in a sovereign country? Who is really doing all the killing? It doesn't make any sense that Assad would be killing his own supporters, now does it? The people of Syria are fighting for their country, against the foreigners, who have no nationality, nor uniforms, so don't have to abide by any international laws. The west mainstream news is all propoganda to support this invasion. Remember Iraq and the lies that got us into that war.

RT: The UK has reportedly confirmed the use of chemical weapons in Syria after an MI6 operation. But we know how the intelligence worked in Iraq - aren't we just witnessing the same again in Syria?
Lindsey German: Absolutely I think the same sort of story is being repeated and of course many people didn’t believe it ten years ago and many more now realize they were told lies. I think this latest piece of evidence is very dubious, even the US and British authorities are saying they’re not certain…they’re not certain at all what quantities have been used but of course they’re using the fact that supposedly chemical weapons have been used in this way to increase the prospect of intervention in Syria and this comes after a number of other things, including the EU foreign ministers meeting this week and deciding they’ll lift the embargo on oil that they’ve placed on Syria, in order to buy oil not from the government but from the opposition.
?West is using possibility of chemical weapons to encourage intervention in Syria? ? RT Op-Edge

Free Syrian Army = doublethink
this has nothing to do with freeing Syria and everything to do with taking over that country, and bringing us closer to invading Iran.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Did you expect him to ride into battle with the first wave? Give me a break.

Someone said he is too weak to take action and will do anything to avoid war, and I asked how that claim looks in the light of him going into Libya and escalating Afghanistan war?
Ugh, get real - he had to be dragged by the US public and the EU/NATO allies to do anything in Libya. He is as bad - if not worse - than Carter. I cannot believe that the US public voted this ******* in twice.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:40 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,909,798 times
They still don't know if they were deliberately used or just in a building which got shelled. That only six people got sick seems to imply the later as a deliberate use generally would get more people. I, for one, am happy we have a president who waits for all the facts before rushing to war.

[/guy who actually served in Iraq unlike the chicken hawks]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies