Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 08:52 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,882,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Unless they are paying child support I believe they should get 3 years in prison for each child they father out of wedlock and our taxes end up paying for. Then we could all buy stock in Trojan Co and be set for retirement.

But seriously, how long are we going to allow this cycle of ignorance, poverty, welfare and crime to go on? It's like a ponzie scheme.

With today's DNA technology this law would be very easy to enforce. Maybe 3 years is not enough?
You do realize this has as much to do with a female's choice as it does a man's, right?

I'm getting kinda tired of societal norm being that so many think women get a free-pass on so many things, such as sex with minors, domestic violence, and the worst of all, pa/maternal and divorce bias.

That said, I know many single fathers who have had the mother of their child just up and split, so this goes both ways.

In other words, the premise to your thread - sucks, but I do appreciate the motive to get these dirtbag baby factories off the government doll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 08:55 AM

507 posts, read 514,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
It definitely takes 2. If you're going to tango, and do not want to have children then it is up to one or both partners to exercise precaution and use protection. We had an old saying back in the day..."no glove... no love!"

To me, it's common sense really. If you don't want children before you're ready, and you're gonna fool around, at least take the necessary measures to avoid having children until you're ready. I knew this going into high school for cryin' out loud! I realize that no birth control is 100% full proof, but what is the other option? Don't have sex? Yes, sure that is the best solution, but we have natural urges, and therefore that is not always reality.
Yes it does go both ways and this is why as a woman I take full responsibility for my actions. If I am not being forced or coerced into something, I can save myself. What I do realize is a man will beg a woman and promise to be there for her and when she does just that, giving him a child, and he decides to leave all heck breaks loose. This can happen married or not, because people change drastically when they are faced with responsibility.

As a woman you have to protect yourself at all costs and not fall for the lies. Men also need to realize that if you choose to have sex without protection will result in a child. You do have the right to request she have an abortion, she also has the right to tell you no and keep your child. I had a former coworker who didn't use protection with his current girlfriend/babymama. The first thing he did was tell her to have an abortion and she refused. Today he is an active father to a beautiful son

Old 04-29-2013, 09:00 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,691,837 times
Dumbest idea ever presented. Ever.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:00 AM

25,856 posts, read 16,555,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nscorpiored View Post
Thank you for this and this is what I am getting at. You can be married and have a dysfunctional household or end up in divorce court and end up just like those who were never married.

By the way I was just curious did you or did she not want to get married?

I am happy to read that you were able to maintain such a long and lasting relationship with the mother of your children
You both are completely missing the point. FORGET the wedlock thing ok? It's really not about that.

It's about personal responsibility and stopping this disease of single parenthood and neglected children

It's not even about money really, it's about enforcing some personal responsibility.

But please, hijack the thread if you see an opportunity to be offended or get up on your soapbox

Old 04-29-2013, 09:03 AM

25,856 posts, read 16,555,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
Dumbest idea ever presented. Ever.
Do you know what I think is dumb? Allowing men to run around impregnating 10 different women and never paying a dime of support or spending 10 mins with any of his children.

And then taxing hard working people to raise those children and building more and more prisons to house those neglected children who grow up to break the law because they never had a mentor or guidance.

But thanks for your brilliant contribution.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:14 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,002,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nscorpiored View Post
Yes it does go both ways and this is why as a woman I take full responsibility for my actions. If I am not being forced or coerced into something, I can save myself. What I do realize is a man will beg a woman and promise to be there for her and when she does just that, giving him a child, and he decides to leave all heck breaks loose. This can happen married or not, because people change drastically when they are faced with responsibility.

As a woman you have to protect yourself at all costs and not fall for the lies. Men also need to realize that if you choose to have sex without protection will result in a child. You do have the right to request she have an abortion, she also has the right to tell you no and keep your child. I had a former coworker who didn't use protection with his current girlfriend/babymama. The first thing he did was tell her to have an abortion and she refused. Today he is an active father to a beautiful son

Good for your coworker for manning up. I came from a divorced family, as did my wife. For me it happened when I was young, for my wife when she was older. Nevertheless it does mess you up. Now, my mom remarried, and has been with my step dad to this day. So I had a solid father figure in my life. My dad had visitation rights for me for every other weekend. He remarried, had 2 more kids, and was happy in his own little world, until 11 years later his 2nd wife left him. There is more to this story, but I always felt like the 3rd wheel, or an inconvenience to him. As I got older we hardly saw each other. Then 2 years after I graduated from high school, I was informed that he moved out of state with his 3rd wife. My aunt was the one who found out from a friend of a friend. He told nobody. Once he got remarried the 3rd time he COMPLETELY blew of his other 2 kids, my half sister, and half brother. He blamed it on the other mother, as to why he never saw them. IMO opinion, it was more like he didn't have the balls to deal with her. At any rate, we've talked ocassionally. He came to my wedding, came up when my son was born, and then the gap grew again. The last time I saw him or heard from him, was when my grandma passed away. My siblings want nothing to do with him. I however; am not that harsh, because the way I see it, it's his choice to have a relationship with me at this point.

At any rate, my wife and I will be married 13 years, in which we'll be together as a couple a total of 17. We started planning for kids 2 years after we were married, and in 2003 my son was born. I made a vow to my son, that God forbid anything were to happen with his mother and myself, that as long as I had a breath in my lungs, and walked this Earth (I can't speak for if I die) that I would never dessert him, and I would always have his back! Am I a perfect father? No. But, I will never throw my kid under the bus! EVER!

Old 04-29-2013, 09:18 AM

507 posts, read 514,359 times
Quote:
You both are completely missing the point. FORGET the wedlock thing ok? It's really not about that.

It's about personal responsibility and stopping this disease of single parenthood and neglected children

It's not even about money really, it's about enforcing some personal responsibility.

But please, hijack the thread if you see an opportunity to be offended or get up on your soapbox
Nobody is hijacking your thread we know what your thread is about. We are talking about responsibility on both accounts or did you miss that. Forcing someone to go to jail because they are irresponsible about having children out of wedlock or having them in wedlock and still not being responsible isn't going to stop them from procreating when they are released from their 3 year sentence. And how does locking them up help when the mother now will guarantee that for the next 3 years she will get no support. Compared to if they are out of jail they could be forced to find employment (court mandated) and pay back child support and have it deducted from their income

I just don't see how locking them up is going to change the fact that there will still be those that slip through the cracks and still continue to do the behavior. We lock people up now for not paying child support, release them, and they continue to do the same. So now what say you?

Old 04-29-2013, 09:33 AM

36,588 posts, read 30,921,073 times
Quote:
Do you know what I think is dumb? Allowing men to run around impregnating 10 different women and never paying a dime of support or spending 10 mins with any of his children.

And then taxing hard working people to raise those children and building more and more prisons to house those neglected children who grow up to break the law because they never had a mentor or guidance.

But thanks for your brilliant contribution.
Now wait a minute, you stated kids need to be with their mother while their father should be jailed for not providing support, no? If these mothers are so important, why cant they provide for their children, why are the children being neglected, why are they ending up in prison and why is it advantageous to jail a potential mentor (their father)?

I whole heartedly agree that single parent homes where it is a situation of multiple baby mammas and daddies and where welfare is the means of support is out of control, I just dont agree with your solution.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:36 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,767,093 times
Quote:
Unless they are paying child support I believe they should get 3 years in prison for each child they father out of wedlock and our taxes end up paying for. Then we could all buy stock in Trojan Co and be set for retirement.

But seriously, how long are we going to allow this cycle of ignorance, poverty, welfare and crime to go on? It's like a ponzie scheme.

With today's DNA technology this law would be very easy to enforce. Maybe 3 years is not enough?
Jail does nothing. They should be made to pay or be castrated.

And welfare mothers should lose their children rather than get more welfare.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:06 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,953,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swbrotha100 View Post
No, it takes two to tango. If you're gonna jail the father, why not jail the mother as well?
Who usually gets stuck raising it for the next 18 yrs?

Two tango and one does the shuffle......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies