Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2013, 09:55 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,741,177 times

Advertisements

It is interesting to see just how many Christians clearly go to church to be "churchy" rather than actually being a true follower of Jesus' actual teachings.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:55 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,314,631 times
The irony of someone being gullible enough to sit in a church to listen to religio-babble complain about the pastor talking about "the myth" of Global Warming is priceless beyond imagination.

One would think you'd be far more disturbed by other things...like when pastor talks about Moses parting the Red Sea, Jesus walking on actual water it making one fish turn into millions....bringing Lazarus back from the dead sounds plausible? How about surviving in the belly of a whale? Lot's wife turning into a pillar of salt? Any takers on that one?

But man made Global Warming? Noooooo way! Impossible. Because that's less likely to be true than the walls of Jericho falling down by simply standing outside and blowing a bunch of horns. SMH...

Old 04-29-2013, 09:56 AM

90,296 posts, read 121,098,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
How could Jesus have been political? He didn't live in a democracy. And in fact, the ended up being a both a religious AND political martyr at the end.. Do you think he'd want people to waste their votes and influence today?
You don't have to live in a democracy to have political opinions. He didn't take sides in the debate over whether the Israelis should oppose Roman occupation. He was tried by the Roman government, yes, and sentenced to death. But I don't see how this means he was a political martyr. We're also getting far afield of this thread.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:56 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,051,243 times
Rep coming your way. This is spit your drink out worthy.

[quote=desertdetroiter;29341999]The irony of someone being gullible enough to sit in a church to listen to religio-babble complain about the pastor talking about "the myth" of Global Warming is priceless beyond imagination.

One would think you'd be far more disturbed by other things...like when pastor talks about Moses parting the Red Sea, Jesus walking on actual water it making one fish turn into millions....bringing Lazarus back from the dead sounds plausible? How about surviving in the belly of a whale? Lot's wife turning into a pillar of salt? Any takers on that one?

But man made Global Warming? Noooooo way! Impossible. Because that's less likely to be true than the walls of Jericho falling down by simply standing outside and blowing a bunch of horns. SMH...[/QUOTE]

Old 04-29-2013, 09:57 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,754,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Wrong.. Jesus did not command the government to do anything.. Jesus commanded individuals who walked with God to feed the poor.. Jesus never commanded this system of things which is corrupt to the core to do anything.. this world is corrupt and Jesus said come out of the world.
Wait one cotton pickin' minute. Didn't he say that to get into heaven the rich would have to practically twist themselves into pretzels because it was going to be near-impossible for them? As impossible, or near impossible as a camel walking through the eye of a needle? That sure sounds like he didn't see the rich as kindly as you do.

And didn't he say that those that give up their riches will go to heaven? Hey, I don't see any rich people giving those up! Hell, instead they're stealing more than ever (with your blessing).

Am I wrong here? If so, let me know.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:59 AM

33,603 posts, read 18,254,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The pastor has to walk a fine line between those who put the money on the collection plate every week and what he believes.

Leaving a congregation is a lot like getting a divorce. It is hard to do but once you make the change, you will be happier.

I have no idea what causes the changes in climate. IMO, standing next to a catalytic converter convinces me that we are putting a lot of heat and crap out into the atmosphere.

The preacher is not there to see how much money he can get in a collection plate. A good preacher will preach the word of God to edify , save souls.. keep his congregation in the power of God , to teach his congregation how to wear the breastplate of righteousness and the armor of God to protect them from the wicked one who wants to steal , kill and destroy God's people. Jesus Christ is the overcomer of the world and his word gives power to his people to be knowledgable in living this life on earth. As God said. My people perish for lack of knowledge. Jesus is our advocate and his love and power through the Holy Spirit can change lifes and having a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ can meet all our needs in this life.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:00 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,237,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The preacher is not there to see how much money he can get in a collection plate. A good preacher will preach the word of God to edify , save souls.. keep his congregation in the power of God , to teach his congregation how to wear the breastplate of righteousness and the armor of God to protect them from the wicked one who wants to steal , kill and destroy God's people. Jesus Christ is the overcomer of the world and his word gives power to his people to be knowledgable in living this life on earth. As God said. My people perish for lack of knowledge. Jesus is our advocate and his love and power through the Holy Spirit can change lifes and having a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ can meet all our needs in this life.
I'm just going to come right out and say what everyone else is thinking:

You're a Satanist.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Wait one cotton pickin' minute. Didn't he say that to get into heaven the rich would have to practically twist themselves into pretzels because it was going to be near-impossible for them? As impossible, or near impossible as a camel walking through the eye of a needle? That sure sounds like he didn't see the rich as kindly as you do.

And didn't he say that those that give up their riches will go to heaven? Hey, I don't see any rich people giving those up! Hell, instead they're stealing more than ever (with your blessing).

Am I wrong here? If so, let me know.
That was asked of Jesus in the Bible and Jesus answered .. All things are possible with God..

Old 04-29-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
I'm just going to come right out and say what everyone else is thinking:

You're a Satanist.
Nothing new here..The word of God is attacked always .. those who know God recognize Jesus as God.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:05 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,314,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
You're in Los Angelas county... You aren't going to change the congregation and until you do, you won't change the church. In order to change the congregation, you have to change the community in which the church serves. Look around your neighborhood and tell me what the odds are that you are going to be able to affect that change.
Absolute nonsense.

As if you Texans are somehow closer to God than people in L.A. County.

Where do you folks get this stuff from?

There are plenty of very buttoned-up conservative churches in L.A. County. They may not be in an area of town he prefers to hang out in, but they're there. There must be dozens of black churches alone that are very traditional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies