Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2013, 11:47 AM

945 posts, read 969,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The sermon started out great today. The pastor was talking about how all living things, and even non-living things such as mountains, sing praises to the Lord just by being what they are meant to be.

Then he turned an excellent sermon into a political rant.

He started to say that humans are responsible for global warming, when this is still a controversial topic.

He mentioned Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth and even conceded that global warming has occurred in periods before fossil fuels, as Gore states in his book.

He said that Gore was mainly concerned with our own civilization - not the Earth - which will regenerate on its own - which makes it rather clear that Gore just wants to sell books and expand control and regulation, which is the wet dream of all liberals.

The pastor even mentioned Earth Day.

I thought that was the final straw, until he gave the benediction and said these words:

"Think globally, and live liberally".

Just ask him if...

Would Jesus would cut fetuses out of wombs yes or no?

Would jesus steal from others to give to the godless and people who actually aren't really struggling?

Would Jesus allow the church's function of marriage get hijacked by the government then allow gays to be married despite it being strictly prohibited?

Would Jesus let parents pump small children with drugs to change their biological gender and turn them into a freak show?

Would Jesus ban you from owning a sword?

Would Jesus force you to buy insurance/gambling product or face a fine?

A person who is a liberal is a moron already, a pastor that is a liberal is living life as a cardinal sin. Leave the church and tell they guy he's a disgrace to the religion.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:57 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
Just ask him if...

Would Jesus would cut fetuses out of wombs yes or no?

Would jesus steal from others to give to the godless and people who actually aren't really struggling?

Would Jesus allow the church's function of marriage get hijacked by the government then allow gays to be married despite it being strictly prohibited?

Would Jesus let parents pump small children with drugs to change their biological gender and turn them into a freak show?

Would Jesus ban you from owning a sword?

Would Jesus force you to buy insurance/gambling product or face a fine?

A person who is a liberal is a moron already, a pastor that is a liberal is living life as a cardinal sin. Leave the church and tell they guy he's a disgrace to the religion.
Got any proof of this jebus fellow you're talking about?
Want a theocracy, perhaps the Middle East is a good place for you to start.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:03 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,024,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Who mentioned a theocracy, besides you?

When you are ready to stop watching Simpsons re-runs and join the rest of us in the land of reality, let Harrier know, will you?

Old 07-22-2013, 01:48 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,231,067 times
"god" is fake.

Carry on.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
"god" is fake.

Carry on.
"God is dead" - Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:13 PM

945 posts, read 969,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I'm not a Christian, I don't offer proof. However, logically speaking the man attends church where a pastor is supposed to not only share the faith, they are supposed to be the most overt and educated on the given theology.

I am simply asking that you pose those or those type of questions to him to highlight the absurdity in democrats version of liberalism and the traditional views of the Christian faith. They do not really mesh, which is why I said it is not really possible to be a true liberal or even a democrat in 2013 and also vote in line with your faith.

A major, heinous act that most people don't call people out for is that they supersede their 'God' in the voting booth (earthly) and fly in the face of their religious teachings and principles they are supposed to unwaveringly follow and then offer no reasonable rationale in why they sold their religion out for earthly perceived benefits.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:28 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,198,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post

which is why I said it is not really possible to be a true liberal or even a democrat in 2013 and also vote in line with your faith.
Sure it is.

I do it every time I cast my ballot.

Gosh, I'm tired of people thinking all Christians have conservative, Republican views. Or, worse, that they MUST have conservative, Republican views. That scares the bejeepers out of me.

It's done a lot on this forum. Believe one way, Christians...... or else! Ninety nine percent of the time that same finger-shaking "believer" has a gun, hates Obamacare, doesn't believe in the separation of church and state, or in the three branches of government and is tremendously upset with anyone would dare to tell them Jesus didn't have a Colt on His hip when he told us to feed the hungry and take care of the poor. They also have this odd idea that Christianity is being suppressed in this country.

Never mind that you can buy a Bible in a gas station and there are THOUSANDS of churches in this country. The martyr syndrome doesn't allow them to see those types of things. It's quite odd. Instead we get people like the OP who cry that their pastor is a liberal. Big whoop. Don't like him? Go to another church. No one is stopping him or anyone else. Mercy. The Christian as Wimp Syndrome is depressing.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 07-22-2013 at 02:49 PM..

Old 07-22-2013, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Sure it is.

I do it every time I cast my ballot.

Gosh, I'm tired of people thinking all Christians have conservative, Republican views. Or, worse, that they MUST have conservative, Republican views. That scares the bejeepers out of me.

It's done a lot on this forum. Believe one way, Christians...... or else! Ninety nine percent of the time that same finger-shaking "believer" has a gun, hates Obamacare, doesn't believe in the separation of church and state, or in the three branches of government and is tremendously upset with anyone would dare to tell them Jesus didn't have a Colt on His hip when he told us to feed the hungry and take care of the poor. They also have this odd idea that Christianity is being suppressed in this country.

Never mind that you can buy a Bible in a gas station and there are THOUSANDS of churches in this country. The martyr syndrome doesn't allow them to see those types of things. It's quite odd. Instead we get people like the OP who cry that their pastor is a liberal. Big whoop. Don't like him? Go to another church. No one is stopping him or anyone else. Mercy. The Christian as Wimp Syndrome is depressing.
Feel better?

Old 07-23-2013, 12:42 AM

5,128 posts, read 9,848,983 times
Quote:
The sermon started out great today. The pastor was talking about how all living things, and even non-living things such as mountains, sing praises to the Lord just by being what they are meant to be.

He started to say that humans are responsible for global warming, when this is still a controversial topic.

He mentioned Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth and even conceded that global warming has occurred in periods before fossil fuels, as Gore states in his book.

He said that Gore was mainly concerned with our own civilization - not the Earth - which will regenerate on its own - which makes it rather clear that Gore just wants to sell books and expand control and regulation, which is the wet dream of all liberals.

I thought that was the final straw, until he gave the benediction and said these words:

I hate churches like that. Why call yourself a "church" or a "christian" if you don't walk the talk?

Old 07-23-2013, 12:51 AM

3,532 posts, read 6,428,118 times
Quote:

Wow, my pastor is complete opposite. I always thought that pastors were strict conservatives, and either voted Republican or very conservative on most issues. In fact, at my predominately black attended church, my pastor is a Republican. I am an independent with conservative views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies