Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2013, 11:43 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,275,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKP440 View Post
So now this guy is guaranteed to be picked up by a team (probably of his choice) because now if the team decides NOT to sign him the radical lavender will state they are being anti-gay or homophobic. Forget the fact that this guy is a star benchwarmer at best. Oh well eventually they will give everyone in professional sports a ring just for playing like they do with youth sports.
Well, it seems someone has been a good Rush listener today:

Quote:
Now, about this NBA player, Jason Collins that just came out, I just gotta mention a couple things. He's 36. As athletes go, that's just a couple years short of the wheelchair or the walker. He's 36, that's old for the NBA. It's old for the NFL. It's old for professional athletes. This is not me saying this. Reports on the guy are that he's not a starter. He's not that good. He's a back bencher, if you will. So he's 36, said by professional analysts not to be among the top tier of players. So now that Jason Collins has come out as gay, none of that's gonna matter when he's not given a contract when this one expires. This is just the way I think. I'm sorry, folks, I apologize in advance. If Jason Collins is not picked up by another team when his current contract expires, will he take action, legal action against the NBA for discrimination?
Pro Sports 2013: Media Rejoices Over Tebow Release; Gay NBA Player Comes Out; Geno Smith Pays the "Black Tax" - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Last edited by Cinebar; 04-30-2013 at 12:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 11:44 PM

688 posts, read 653,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Don't tell the world you're having sex in a deviant, disgusting way that we find repulsive and we won't care.

Having said that, no one is being discriminated against. That is nonsense. There is no law prohibiting gay people from marrying. I was never asked if I liked men or women when I got my marriage license.
Never mind. You were a waste of of time... kick rocks, dude.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:44 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,476,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberly_Allen View Post
I have noticed that many American guys have become so effeminate. Even those who are not in favor of homosexuality will make comments like, "I do not really care...," or "They should be able to do as they wish..." Whatever happened to standing up for what you believe in, even if it's unpopular to do so?
Most people these days do not believe antiquated discriminatory garbage.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:45 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,313,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Don't tell the world you're having sex in a deviant, disgusting way that we find repulsive and we won't care.

Having said that, no one is being discriminated against. That is nonsense. There is no law prohibiting gay people from marrying. I was never asked if I liked men or women when I got my marriage license.
You got a marriage license? Quit shoving your lifestyle down my throat and quit telling the world about what goes on in your bedroom.

Actually, everyone is being discriminated against. Since you cannot enter into a marriage contact with either a man or a woman, you are being discriminated against, based on sex, which is illegal.

106 posts, read 81,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well you won't hear anyone make a comment that could be construed as what you believe because that could end your career a helluva lot faster than admitting your gay in the PC world. Who are the real bullies? Look no farther than the liberals in the media, schools, etc...
If more people spoke out publicly, they would not be able to push homosexuality as natural and normal.

15,706 posts, read 11,799,742 times
Quote:
I have noticed that many American guys have become so effeminate. Even those who are not in favor of homosexuality will make comments like, "I do not really care...," or "They should be able to do as they wish..." Whatever happened to standing up for what you believe in, even if it's unpopular to do so?
Because people with your hateful views are becoming the minority. Your views are more suited for Saudi Arabia or Iran. Not a 1st world country.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:47 PM

688 posts, read 653,518 times
Quote:
If more people spoke out publicly, they would not be able to push homosexuality as natural and normal.
If more people spoke out publicly, you'd be alienated just like the racists.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:47 PM

106 posts, read 81,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Because people with your hateful views are becoming the minority. Your views are more suited for Saudi Arabia or Iran. Not a 1st world country.
My views are hateful, because I don't advocate or laud men sleeping with men and women sleeping with women?

Old 04-29-2013, 11:48 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,047,521 times
Quote:
Who is gonna put their career on the line to "speak out"? These folks are currently salivating over the hopes that somebody will come out and tweet something they can crucify them with. Look what they do to politicians. Lot of the best and brightest decide not to run because the liberal media will lie and vilify them and their families to no ends.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:48 PM

596 posts, read 731,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJD View Post
Never mind. You were a waste of of time... kick rocks, dude.
Exactly. Many of the posts in this thread have me literally shaking my head in disbelief. But there's no need to waste your energy with people like this. They will continue to wallow in their willful ignorance. All you can do is watch in astonishment at how proud they actually seem to be of their own ignorance. The really sad part is that some of these people are teaching their ridiculous nonsense to children. They just pass down their bigotry and hatred from generation to generation. Their hateful, uneducated views are way more damaging than kids learning about gay people. But these folks are truly too ignorant to realize that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies