Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 02:39 PM

596 posts, read 730,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
...and you being a female wouldn't know at all.
You are ridiculous! Let me reiterate for you in case you didn't comprehend it the first time - some people go around looking for casual sexual hookups, but that behavior is NOT limited to gay men. Some gay men go cruising, but so do some straight men. Have you never heard of pick up bars? You can try to convince yourself otherwise all you want. And to claim that I wouldn't know just because I'm a woman only serves to show the level of ignorance you're working with. I can't even take someone seriously who actually uses the phrase "a gay."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 02:40 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereCanBeOnly1 View Post
Hear me out, this isn't a trolling topic but one that kind of happened over the weekend during a random, political chat that went off on a tangent.

Consider, that from I have read and LEO's I've talked to if an opposite sex intentionally uses another gender's restroom they can be charged with disorderly conduct. I've heard it a charge that typically sticks.

Now, I assume the entire premise of this approach is that the vast majority of people are heterosexual and the private/confined environment of a restroom is a place that could lead to people 'acting out' on sexual impulse (ridiculous theory if it is indeed the original logic) and by keeping them separate the chance for this impulse or voyeurism is nullified.

So, in 2013 we have homosexuality tolerance been force fed down everyone's throat from every angle. With the increase in acceptance, rise of known gays and lesbians amongst us should we continue the logic and create new bathrooms for lesbian/gays?

Curious to the thoughts?
1. You're obviously trolling. Don't think you are fooling anyone with this crap.

2. Men and women are still men and women regardless of their sexual orientation. People go to the bathroom based on their sex in order to relieve their bodies of waste as quickly and discretely as possible and then get the hell out. Notice that in no way is sexual preference or activity at all a required part of the formula, so your question is mightily dumb.

3. Grow up.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:41 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,737,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thethreefoldme View Post
Sure. You can try. Gender-neutral bathrooms already exist & they are becoming more popular.
I hate gender-neutral bathrooms. Men's bathrooms stink of pee - they're worse a litter box. Why would I want to go into a nasty bathroom where men go? Don't we women endure enough by having to clean walls and floors of the toilet?

Old 04-30-2013, 02:46 PM

16,905 posts, read 16,138,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
You are ridiculous! Let me reiterate for you in case you didn't comprehend it the first time - some people go around looking for casual sexual hookups, but that behavior is NOT limited to gay men. Some gay men go cruising, but so do some straight men. Have you never heard of pick up bars? You can try to convince yourself otherwise all you want. And to claim that I wouldn't know just because I'm a woman only serves to show the level of ignorance you're working with. I can't even take someone seriously who actually uses the phrase "a gay."

Hey, you're the one that thinks you need your own flag! I was always under the impression that the American flag stood for everyone in the U.S.A.. But nope....you need your own flag.
And what's with all the posts about "looking for a gay friendly place"? Why can't the gays all live where everyone else does and be happy?
You separate yourselves and you do it intentionally, as though you are different from others. Behave that way, get treated that way.
I don't give a crap if you're gay, lesbian, black or do sheep. Just can it! The flag is for all! (Except the illegals.)

Old 04-30-2013, 02:55 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,744,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I hope CA. Does this so the next time I'm in CA. I'm going to say I identify as a female and use their bathrooms. They can't prove that I don't identify as such. See the slippery slope here? Pervs will just say that they identify as such and rape someone.
Huh. So this is an idea you think would appeal to men? Going into a public restroom and watching little girls and old ladies pee? Maybe even rape them?

You have some very strange compulsive thoughts. *shudder*

Old 04-30-2013, 02:58 PM

1,013 posts, read 1,193,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereCanBeOnly1 View Post
So you think all bathrooms should be unisex?
Let's not put words in my mouth. I don't think gay people sharing bathrooms with people of the same sex is a problem for anyone but homophobes. Period.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:06 PM

1,013 posts, read 1,193,515 times
Quote:

[/b][/color]

Hey, you're the one that thinks you need your own flag! I was always under the impression that the American flag stood for everyone in the U.S.A.. But nope....you need your own flag.
And what's with all the posts about "looking for a gay friendly place"? Why can't the gays all live where everyone else does and be happy?
You separate yourselves and you do it intentionally, as though you are different from others. Behave that way, get treated that way.
I don't give a crap if you're gay, lesbian, black or do sheep. Just can it! The flag is for all! (Except the illegals.)
Um... you realize each state has its own flag, too? Gee. Why do people from different states "separate themselves intentionally" with their own flags when they have the American flag to symbolize everyone in the US?

& if you have never had to look for a "friendly place" to live/hang out, consider yourself privileged. Not all people are so lucky.

Last edited by thethreefoldme; 04-30-2013 at 03:14 PM..

Old 04-30-2013, 03:09 PM

16,905 posts, read 16,138,779 times
Quote:
Um... you realize each state has its own flag, too? & there are even flags for people who like butterflies, or sports! Geez. Why do states & sports fans need their own flags when they have the American flag to symbolize everyone in the US?

Oh! I see!
Well now I am wondering....where is the African American flag and the Latino flag....and all the rest of the flags? Geez, we'll have to extend the pole 80 feet.
Hey! I have an idea! Let's just have the American flag just be there for everyone! What a novel idea!

Old 04-30-2013, 03:09 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times
Quote:
Um... you realize each state has its own flag, too? Gee. Why do people from different states need their own flags when they have the American flag to symbolize everyone in the US?
There is also the christian flag, and different organizations have their own flags.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:14 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,418,544 times
Quote:

Oh! I see!
Well now I am wondering....where is the African American flag and the Latino flag....and all the rest of the flags? Geez, we'll have to extend the pole 80 feet.
Hey! I have an idea! Let's just have the American flag just be there for everyone! What a novel idea!

LOL, and you live in Lake Worth? Lord it must be a very scary place for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies