Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 05:54 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,873,555 times

Advertisements

many of these men are closeted living in straight relationships....it is the only 'discreet' outlet for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

Well sure they have....but these gay males cruise the parks and other places and have an attitude like everyone else is a gay and is looking for gay sex. Don't try to tell me anything different - I have worked for many, many years for parks departments and know it first hand.
They have little hand signals and walks and ways of communicating to all around them that they want some. Deny that?
I've had several busted by the cops for it. It's a very common problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 05:58 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,873,555 times
The gays who wave the rainbow flag are those who don't cruise in parks... not in the closet and proud of it... big deal? nope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

Oh! I see!
Well now I am wondering....where is the African American flag and the Latino flag....and all the rest of the flags? Geez, we'll have to extend the pole 80 feet.
Hey! I have an idea! Let's just have the American flag just be there for everyone! What a novel idea!

Old 04-30-2013, 06:56 PM

1,161 posts, read 1,859,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Body modesty mostly combined with shame and embarrassment over the common human body functions.
Get over it.
So you take a dump in the street for the whole world to see?

Try getting past 1st grade thought level sometime.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:37 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereCanBeOnly1 View Post

So, in 2013 we have homosexuality tolerance been force fed down everyone's throat from every angle. With the increase in acceptance, rise of known gays and lesbians amongst us should we continue the logic and create new bathrooms for lesbian/gays?

Curious to the thoughts?
Whoa!

[the visual]

Old 04-30-2013, 08:11 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,228,194 times
Quote:
Hear me out, this isn't a trolling topic but one that kind of happened over the weekend during a random, political chat that went off on a tangent.

Consider, that from I have read and LEO's I've talked to if an opposite sex intentionally uses another gender's restroom they can be charged with disorderly conduct. I've heard it a charge that typically sticks.

Now, I assume the entire premise of this approach is that the vast majority of people are heterosexual and the private/confined environment of a restroom is a place that could lead to people 'acting out' on sexual impulse (ridiculous theory if it is indeed the original logic) and by keeping them separate the chance for this impulse or voyeurism is nullified.

So, in 2013 we have homosexuality tolerance been force fed down everyone's throat from every angle. With the increase in acceptance, rise of known gays and lesbians amongst us should we continue the logic and create new bathrooms for lesbian/gays?

Curious to the thoughts?
Nope. That's segregation and it's unconstitutional. Men are men, women are women, and in America we're all American. Thanks for coming!

Old 05-01-2013, 05:24 AM

164 posts, read 197,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Nope. That's segregation and it's unconstitutional. Men are men, women are women, and in America we're all American. Thanks for coming!

Then how can you have segregated bathrooms by gender? Why isn't that unconstitutional?

Old 05-01-2013, 05:27 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Then how can you have segregated bathrooms by gender? Why isn't that unconstitutional?

You DO understand "rational basis," "strict scrutiny," "heightened scrutiny" analysis, in a constitutional discrimination context, correct?

The government/public accommodations can discriminate based on race, sex, etc.... it just needs to pass different levels of scrutiny based on the reasoning and interest sought to be protected.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:30 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
many of these men are closeted living in straight relationships....it is the only 'discreet' outlet for them.

Yep, and even among gays this sort of thing was also faaaar more common back in the day, and among the older folks who had no safe place to go.

It's far far less common among the younger generations, and in the computer age and the age of more acceptance.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
1. You're obviously trolling. Don't think you are fooling anyone with this crap.

2. Men and women are still men and women regardless of their sexual orientation. People go to the bathroom based on their sex in order to relieve their bodies of waste as quickly and discretely as possible and then get the hell out. Notice that in no way is sexual preference or activity at all a required part of the formula, so your question is mightily dumb.

3. Grow up.

#2. Then why do we segregate bathrooms by gender? The only logical reason is to remove the sexual desires of the opposite sex (which 95%+ of the population identifies with) while people are typically exposing sexual organs in a private/enclosed setting correct?

Why is it so hard to see that a gay man in a "male bathroom" or a lesbian in a "female bathroom" is no longer keep the bathroom setting asexual.

Again, if you are OK with gays using the traditional female/male setup then you have to also believe that the gender discriminating bathrooms should be abolished, or allow men/women use the opposite sex's bathrooms intentionally without fear of prosecution. (disorderly conduct if you are caught)

No one here can explain why gender discrimination is OK and sexual orientation (the underlying reason for the original segregation was pushed by society) is such an outrage to even propose.

Please, attempt to enlighten me.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan View Post
So you take a dump in the street for the whole world to see?

Try getting past 1st grade thought level sometime.

What does gender segregated bathrooms have to do with body modesty? Since you missed my point, and I assumed it was obvious I will lower the bar.

Why did society place gender discriminating bathrooms in the first place?

Why isn't body modesty accomplished with a unisex bathroom and all gender specific bathrooms are abolished due to their inherent discrimination? (unequal lines/wait times, levels of cleaning, more or less physical toilets/urinals)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies