Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 01:17 PM

164 posts, read 198,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
OP, you have undoubtedly peed or pooped in a public restroom while a gay person of the same sex as you did his or her business. They had zero interest in jumping your bones. How utterly ridiculous.

I didn't say I was personally afraid. I am just trying to connect the societal logic to the currently accepted setup.

Why are they separated by gender in the first place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 01:22 PM

10,068 posts, read 18,192,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereCanBeOnly1 View Post
I didn't say I was personally afraid. I am just trying to connect the societal logic to the currently accepted setup.

Why are they separated by gender in the first place?
No, you are implying that somehow a gay person using the restroom with others of his or her sex will be dangerous in some way to straight people, as if the gay person is going to want to have sex with everyone he or she sees IN A BATHROOM.

Maybe you have sexual feelings when you are using the toilet? Otherwise I can't figure out why you would start such a thread.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:26 PM

24,166 posts, read 32,719,693 times
Quote:
What was the point of gender segregation on bathrooms in the first place if it is absurd?

The orientation is correlated to gender as well.
To separate genders. That was the point. At my alma mater, n co-ed dorms, the bathrooms are also co-ed.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:27 PM

16,913 posts, read 16,205,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
No, you are implying that somehow a gay person using the restroom with others of his or her sex will be dangerous in some way to straight people, as if the gay person is going to want to have sex with everyone he or she sees IN A BATHROOM.

Maybe you have sexual feelings when you are using the toilet? Otherwise I can't figure out why you would start such a thread.

That is exactly what so very many of the gay males do.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:33 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,399,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

That is exactly what so very many of the gay males do.
oh, I get it now. Because straight people have NEVER had sex in public restrooms. EVER.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:43 PM

16,913 posts, read 16,205,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
oh, I get it now. Because straight people have NEVER had sex in public restrooms. EVER.

Well sure they have....but these gay males cruise the parks and other places and have an attitude like everyone else is a gay and is looking for gay sex. Don't try to tell me anything different - I have worked for many, many years for parks departments and know it first hand.
They have little hand signals and walks and ways of communicating to all around them that they want some. Deny that?
I've had several busted by the cops for it. It's a very common problem.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:46 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,163,807 times
Quote:
Hear me out, this isn't a trolling topic but one that kind of happened over the weekend during a random, political chat that went off on a tangent.

Consider, that from I have read and LEO's I've talked to if an opposite sex intentionally uses another gender's restroom they can be charged with disorderly conduct. I've heard it a charge that typically sticks.

Now, I assume the entire premise of this approach is that the vast majority of people are heterosexual and the private/confined environment of a restroom is a place that could lead to people 'acting out' on sexual impulse (ridiculous theory if it is indeed the original logic) and by keeping them separate the chance for this impulse or voyeurism is nullified.

So, in 2013 we have homosexuality tolerance been force fed down everyone's throat from every angle. With the increase in acceptance, rise of known gays and lesbians amongst us should we continue the logic and create new bathrooms for lesbian/gays?

Curious to the thoughts?

You must think homosexuals are a bunch of sex crazed rapists.

The vast majority are not.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:46 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,394,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
No. "Homosexual" is not a "Gender", it's an orientation.

This "idea" is absurd.
It depends on whether they are oriented or have been orientated.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:54 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,489,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

Well sure they have....but these gay males cruise the parks and other places and have an attitude like everyone else is a gay and is looking for gay sex. Don't try to tell me anything different - I have worked for many, many years for parks departments and know it first hand.
They have little hand signals and walks and ways of communicating to all around them that they want some. Deny that?
I've had several busted by the cops for it. It's a very common problem.
I have seen this too!

Wasn't there a foot code that signaled "gay activities" in airport restrooms?

But, there should not be any homo restrooms. Just the good ol fashioned men and women.

What's next, gays having to wear blinders or something because they may be checking out a straight person.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:57 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,375,552 times
Quote:
Hear me out, this isn't a trolling topic but one that kind of happened over the weekend during a random, political chat that went off on a tangent.

Consider, that from I have read and LEO's I've talked to if an opposite sex intentionally uses another gender's restroom they can be charged with disorderly conduct. I've heard it a charge that typically sticks.

Now, I assume the entire premise of this approach is that the vast majority of people are heterosexual and the private/confined environment of a restroom is a place that could lead to people 'acting out' on sexual impulse (ridiculous theory if it is indeed the original logic) and by keeping them separate the chance for this impulse or voyeurism is nullified.

So, in 2013 we have homosexuality tolerance been force fed down everyone's throat from every angle. With the increase in acceptance, rise of known gays and lesbians amongst us should we continue the logic and create new bathrooms for lesbian/gays?

Curious to the thoughts?
No, you're not trolling at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies