Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 07:35 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I guess it's a lie then the claims that Hispanics are assimilating in our country otherwise why would we need to learn Spanish? Hmm, someone admitted something we knew all along and they let the cat out of the bag about Hispanics not assimilating in our country. I'm gonna save the OP's remarks and present them the next time I am told that Hispanics are assimilating.
They're assimilating.

[go ahead and present those remarks at your leisure]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 07:36 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
As much as some would like it we American whites aren't going anywhere but do dream on. I'll learn Spanish over my dead body!
Dios mio! Relajar mi amigo.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:37 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,875,803 times
I was born in America, I'll stay in America, and I'll be buried in America.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:38 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsson View Post
America belongs to the American Indians.
No it don't. Some Indian tries to claim my home I will tell him where to stick it.

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
As much as some would like it we American whites aren't going anywhere but do dream on. I'll learn Spanish over my dead body!
What's that old saying - chewing off your ear to spite your face??

Nobody is forcing you to learn Spanish, but the stubbornness of Americans over this issue is ridiculous IMO. Do you know of ANY other country where people are so determined to be mono-lingual and ignorant? And yet, whenever I travel to non-English-speaking countries, it's always the Americans loudly demanding THEY speak English (or rudely using that "if I speak really loudly/slowly you'll understand me eventually" tactic). I speak Spanish, btw, and it's been nothing but a benefit to my life. So your loss!!

62,965 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLover9 View Post
Oh stop with your B.S. threads. I've seen you around the boards and we all pretty much know you dislike the USA immensely and bash it every single chance that you get; and quite frankly that's fine, the vast majority of us don't give a flying ****. You are a bit obsessed with it though, or so it seems (you might want to get that checked out).

BUT, stop making these ludicrous, fear-mongering, ignorant, and factually incorrect threads about the USA. The USA is not, nor will it ever be a Hispanic country. We are a vast melting pot with people from all over the world. Also, every study and piece of evidence out there points to the fact that the Hispanic population in the USA is indeed assimilating and adopting English as their primary language. They are becoming Americans. In fact, many studies suggest that they're doing it at a faster pace than many past waves of immigrants. I live in SoCal and I can't even tell you how many of my Hispanic friends don't even speak a lick of Spanish. English is far and away their primary language and they are just as American as myself or anyone else out there. So again, just stop. You know nothing about the USA, the American people, or how our country really works. You may think that you do, but you don't.

So take your disdain for the USA, your ludicrous and farcical threads, and your condescending and seriously misguided arrogance, and go away. You need to stop obsessing over our country. It's really not healthy.
I live in So. Calif. and my experience around Hispanics has been quite the opposite. Everywhere I go Hispanics are speaking exclusively in Spanish. In fact when I spot a couple coming in my direction I bet myself silently that when they walk by they will be speaking Spanish and not English. I have never been wrong once.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:39 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
While I agree with much of what you said I live in So. Calif. and my experience around Hispanics has been quite the opposite. Everywhere I go Hispanics are speaking exclusively in Spanish. In fact when I spot a couple coming in my direction I bet myself silently that when they walk by they will be speaking Spanish and not English. I have never been wrong once.

What about writing?

[because you're wrong right now]

Old 04-30-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
No it don't. Some Indian tries to claim my home I will tell him where to stick it.
Okay, I take it back... maybe we SHOULD be stressing English over everything else here.

And I'm sure the Indians said the same, when your wonderful ancestors stole their land - but look at how entitled you/we all feel about it now. Hmm.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:41 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
It's obvious! They should move to Russia, the last great White hope!

Old 04-30-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
I live in So. Calif. and my experience around Hispanics has been quite the opposite. Everywhere I go Hispanics are speaking exclusively in Spanish. In fact when I spot a couple coming in my direction I bet myself silently that when they walk by they will be speaking Spanish and not English. I have never been wrong once.
So what? If you don't want anyone telling YOU which language/s to learn or speak, why does it matter what OTHER people choose to do?

FYI: Just because they're speaking Spanish among themselves, that doesn't mean they don't also speak English... unlike you, many people in this country actually are bilingual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies