Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 06:06 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times

Advertisements

Slavery was legal, but immoral.

Abortion is legal, but also immoral.

The shroud of secrecy around the unregulated abortion death clinics is starting to tear.

Once the American people have access to see what actually goes on at these places, the less support abortion will have.

I expect that as we progress as decent human beings, and start to bear witness to the horrors of abortion mills, the tide will start to turn.

50 years from now, abortion will be looked upon much like the evil that we see slavery as today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 06:08 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
One day? It already is where I come from. It's infanticide; murder.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:10 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post

The shroud of secrecy around the unregulated abortion death clinics is starting to tear.

Once the American people have access to see what actually goes on at these places, the less support abortion will have.

I expect that as we progress as decent human beings, and start to bear witness to the horrors of abortion mills, the tide will start to turn.

50 years from now, abortion will be looked upon much like the evil that we see slavery as today.
Forcing women to carry a fetus to term and give birth against their will is just another form of slavery.

50 years from now, I would imagine we will have much better methods of birth control so abortion won't be necessary anyway.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:35 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Abortion must remain legal, safe, rare, accessible, and a private matter between a woman and her doctor.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:59 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Abortion must remain legal, safe, rare, accessible, and a private matter between a woman and her doctor.
i do hope alphamale ends up being right. that said i do agree with zimbochick as well. i do realize that there are good reasons to abort a fetus, but it needs to be a medical necessity and not due to a whim of a woman who has an unwanted pregnancy, there are other options.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:01 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:

History shows us the horrors of UNREGULATED abortion death clinics are the norm - not the EXCEPTIONS - when abortion is illegal.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:02 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
no, late term pregnancy abortion is worse than slavery, as a slave there was a chance of freedom, if you smash my head and throw me in a glad bag there is not.
the true slave is the woman that is convinced that its her body and she can do as she wants with it and exercising that right harms no one. another gloria steinem lie. a great liar. mother theresa never lies ever. late term abortion is murder.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:06 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,823,701 times
and cue the religious zealots.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:20 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
I completely agree with and support Zimbochick.

The OP seems to insert abortion into all of his posts. At least this one is direct.

I expect a future where abortion and other fertility control is available on demand everywhere in the world. One possible result will be a drop in births that will eventually result in a sustainable, at our consumption level, world human population. That would IMHO be an ideal situation.

Some would consider it an abomination. Religions based on growth and domination would be completely opposed. I would hope rationality would prevail.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:32 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,259,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I completely agree with and support Zimbochick.

The OP seems to insert abortion into all of his posts. At least this one is direct.

I expect a future where abortion and other fertility control is available on demand everywhere in the world. One possible result will be a drop in births that will eventually result in a sustainable, at our consumption level, world human population. That would IMHO be an ideal situation.

Some would consider it an abomination. Religions based on growth and domination would be completely opposed. I would hope rationality would prevail.
How about also euthanizing the elderly, the sick, the obese, smokers, etc to get the population down to a sustainable level? We only want "perfect human beings" living in America. There should be laws limiting Americans to one child per family like in some communist countries, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies