Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 01:49 PM

382 posts, read 588,147 times

Advertisements

I hear all the clap trap about getting rid of guns if it saves one life, but if it would save one life would you also stop immigration?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2013, 01:51 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,299,668 times
To stop it all together? No.

A nation needs immigration to survive, and for one life? No.

What form that immigration takes is another question entirely but simply to stop it?

Old 05-01-2013, 01:54 PM

39,073 posts, read 51,205,311 times
Mine yes, yours no.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:56 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,478,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutnfancy View Post
I hear all the clap trap about getting rid of guns if it saves one life, but if it would save one life would you also stop immigration?
I see what you are doing here!

But, I love immigration, just the legal kind though.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:57 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,587,680 times
Don't worry.

DHS seems to be prepared for riot control. And no one can take their weapons away.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:00 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,784,546 times
Quote:
Legal immigration, NO

Illegal immigration, revoked and expired visa's... ABSOLUTELY YES

Old 05-01-2013, 03:02 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,850 times
Nope.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:35 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,457,055 times
Quote:
It is essential to stop immigration (regardless of "one life"), until we stand on solid ground, economically and socially. In the time being, the US should decide to let in only people of special merits (scientists, researches, investors, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prytania View Post
To stop it all together? No.

A nation needs immigration to survive, and for one life? No.
What nation needs immigration to survive? Where did you read this crock of horse****??? In any case, the US absorbed so much immigration in last 50 years, that it is sufficient for the next 200 years!

Old 05-01-2013, 03:40 PM

62,879 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
It is essential to stop immigration (regardless of "one life") to put ourselves on solid ground, economically and socially. In the time being, the US should decide to let in only people of special merits (scientists, researches, investors, etc).

What nation needs immigration to survive? Where did you read this crock of horse****??? In any case, the US absorbed so much immigration in last 50 years, that it is sufficient for the next 200 years!
I would agree with a temporary halt until we stablize our population growth and we get the economy and jobs going again. Otherwise I agree with much of what you said. Especially your last sentence.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:57 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,457,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I would agree with a temporary halt until we stablize our population growth and we get the economy and jobs going again. Otherwise I agree with much of what you said. Especially your last sentence.
There are many who promote the ideas that since massive immigration in the 19-20th century built America, the same is true today. That is absolutely false. The global situation and economy were extremely different in the past. America was a sparsely populated continent. It did not live in an age of globalization and in the 19th century it needed to be self sufficient in many ways.
Another rationalization immigration advocates bring, is that some countries in Europe have aging populations and that is why their economies are failing. Again, the US is flooded with young immigrants (most living in large urban centers) and unlike in 19th century, their poverty became permanent and is further propagated to future generations. (Today some 47M people are on food stamps!) Increase these figures and we may get to a point of "non recovery". No long before US will be renamed "New Guatemala".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies