Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 09:06 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
BentBow, have you actually looked, or had a lawyer look, at the regulations or are you just supposing it is impossible. I doubt I would have any regulatory problems setting up an ammo factory here in New Hampshire. I may just investigate how difficult it would be to find rentable factory space, arrange case, powder and bullet suppliers, buy and install some old loading presses and set up a boxing, labeling and shipping line. Of course an office would have to be staffed to provide the necessary sales tracking, billing and collection activities. This sounds like a good retirement business.

Try finding the classes, "they say you need" for an explosives engineer. The military is the only place there is enough extensive training. You have to be fortunate enough to have specialized in that, while in the military. So, you find someone with that background and all the medals to prove it, and talk them into being a business partner. All gung ho.

Filed the paperwork 10 months ago......... Waiting

Then in the mean time, we are not talking a small time operation. If we are to make a dent in the supply side and turn a profit we need capital!
Make a business plan and go to any bank and see what they say.
Small town banks, in the most redneck of towns, are the fastest to say no. "It is a big risk with the government intrusion we have now and the push for gun control and they can shut you down before you get going and we lose all our investment."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 10:16 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You guys are too funny, first you say the government is coming for your guns. When that doesnt happen, you say they are coming for your bullets. When that doesn't happen, what are you guys gonna say the government is gonna come for next to keep your fear mongering on high alert?
Whenever you renew your NRA membership they send you a info pack along with your new tote bag. The info package contains Talking points and gun zingers catch phrases to use on the internet forums and increase fear.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:23 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Where there is a will, there is a way. It may not be easy or cheap but it is possible. I would suggest avoiding banks by using alternate investment methods. Most banks lend operating funds not investment capital. I would start small by serving a local or state market and use the profits to expand. Taking on the existing ammo makers directly is a way to disaster.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:25 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,244,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Try finding the classes, "they say you need" for an explosives engineer. The military is the only place there is enough extensive training. You have to be fortunate enough to have specialized in that, while in the military. So, you find someone with that background and all the medals to prove it, and talk them into being a business partner. All gung ho.

Filed the paperwork 10 months ago......... Waiting

Then in the mean time, we are not talking a small time operation. If we are to make a dent in the supply side and turn a profit we need capital!
Make a business plan and go to any bank and see what they say.
Small town banks, in the most redneck of towns, are the fastest to say no. "It is a big risk with the government intrusion we have now and the push for gun control and they can shut you down before you get going and we lose all our investment."
Ammunition Online at Factory Direct Prices | Freedom Munitions | Handgun Ammo & Rifle Ammo
These guys have only been around for a few years. Based in Idaho. New and remanufactured. They allow half a millions rounds (various calibers) to sell through their web site every week, and according to a couple of online forums their brick-and-mortar stores (all out west) always have ammo in stock. Their prices are higher than your low-end ammo at Walmart, but much lower than recent gouge pricing.

In stock right now you can get 9mm JHP, .40S&W RNFP (round nose/flat point), and .223 FMJ. Max order of 500 rounds. Next week it'll be something different. Or you can be put on an email notification list for when they release your preferred ammo.

I know of other manufacturers that have started production in the last several years, one not too far from me in Georgia.

Just curious, but what paperwork are you talking about? Is this for a federal or a local permit?

Old 05-02-2013, 10:25 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Whenever you renew your NRA membership they send you a info pack along with your new tote bag. The info package contains Talking points and gun zingers catch phrases to use on the internet forums and increase fear.
Funny that I didn't get this tote when signing up, nor did I receive any marching orders. Must've been because I used the $10 off coupon

What I did get from registering at DU however, was tin foil to place on my head and on the hat was written with a Sharpie: "The evil corporate NRA is run by gun manufacturers"

Old 05-02-2013, 10:34 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Reload your own ammo.

I do.

I have thousands of rounds.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:55 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
I'm as pro-gun, anti-government as anyone, but let's not get silly. While DHS is rumored to have purchased some 2.6 billion rounds (debatable) an article I read indicated that US civilians had bought some 110 billion rounds since November. And the worst seems to be passing. Our LGS are starting to get inventory again and AR parts are becoming more readily available.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:58 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
Jones and the other nutters say Obama took them all because he's going to be declaring war on the american people to "taaaaaakeeeeeee yuuuuuuuurrrrr gunnnnnnnnnnnnnzzzzz!"

Old 05-02-2013, 10:59 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Reload your own ammo.

I do.

I have thousands of rounds.
The problem for small reloaders is being able to get the different parts and at a price to make it viable as in less expensive then buying commercial bullets.

Primers and powder are in severe shortage which has shot prices way up or I guess you could be one of the large group that waits outside our Cabelas every single morning for them to open and then sprint to the ammo area to snatch up everything.
Buying online isn't so bad except when you add in the $25 hazmat charge.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:59 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Can't go to the range in Florida unless you bring your own rounds. There are no 9mm bullets for sale anywhere in SW Florida. The federal government has them all. This is back door gun control, dictator style. You may be able to purchase inferior grade rounds online but how reliable are they? If they were any good the ranges would buy them so they wouldn't have to turn away customers.
There's plenty of ammo around. All you have to do is go to Gunbroker.com or other sights like that and see where the A_$$hats are reselling it for 3 times the going rate.
I can understand buying and hoarding ammo but buying as much as you can just to try and resell it to others for a profit just doesn't seem right to me. It is what it is though and whatever it takes to make a buck for some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies