Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 05:31 PM

4,443 posts, read 4,877,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOLOL Code pink? Oh you are referring to the group of women who had the grand idea to dress as vaginas during their activities in Tampa.

Yea, that was a proud moment for America.
I have nothing but the highest respect for what Code Pink does for peace and human rights around the globe, they are the real deal.
I have gotten to know them quite well over the years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 05:38 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,169,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted08721 View Post
Thanks to them you have a eight hour work day.
HA!

I wish.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
LOL After the nasty capitalists give us AC power, the car, airplanes, trains, break thrus in science and medicine, 3D motion pictures in Dolby Digital Surround Sound in an IMAX theater, computers, and the iPhone, then you call it a failure. So typical of the ignorance we expect.
It is the workers that give us those things. the capitalists just sit back and see how much profit they can make by paying the worker as little as possible, example would be that Wal-Mart workers are paid so poorly that many of them qualify for food stamps.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:14 PM

38,206 posts, read 22,280,614 times
Quote:
It is the workers that give us those things. the capitalists just sit back and see how much profit they can make by paying the worker as little as possible, example would be that Wal-Mart workers are paid so poorly that many of them qualify for food stamps.
You are sounding like an idiot now. Capitalism consists of a cooperative web of every person involved in creating those things, you cannot say the men whose imagination, ingenuity, creativity and their personal risk which created the ideas and products, are not responsible for them. Like i said, this is the type of ignorance that we expect from the left.

By the way, the employee who sells his skills, knowledge and labor, is just as much a capitalist as his employer.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:12 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,228,906 times
Quote:
I have never charged anyone for a single picture, how can you make such a statement which is a complete LIE! do you usually talk out of your... nothing at my pic site is copy protected you can click and copy any picture at my site to use for personal or non profit use.
I do it to further the causes I support as an activist, I don't think you can place a price on peace or human rights.
I also will send high resolution images of an event if needed for free.
The only thing I ask for is that I am given credit for the pictures that are used.
Geez,...if I'm a "liar" why is there a section on YOUR website giving terms and conditions about photos.
3. Sales Terms

Please refer to our Terms of Sale as set forth in Section C below for the additional terms, conditions and policies applicable to your purchase of Products through the Site. By ordering Products through the Site, you agree to be bound by and accept the Terms of Sale, which are a part of these Terms of Use.
terms of use

Hmmm........

Old 05-02-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
In that link you posted, I see:

Picture #1: Some people sitting on a stone something or other talking. One is smoking a cigarette. Two are drinking bottles of water. No one looks angry.

#2: Two people standing on a curb holding up signs. The woman has a smile on her face.

#3: A woman sitting on the grass smoking a cigarette. In front of her is the flag of some communist country, I believe.

#4: Some people standing around/lying on the ground. One is wrapped in a flag that has logos of various companies in place of stars.

#5: An older man holding up a sign opposing war in Iran. He has a small smile on his face.

#6: Some of the same people in #1 and #4. The young woman is smiling.

#7: A woman in a "Save the Arctic" t-shirt (center), talking to a man on her right and a person of undeterminable sex on her left. No one looks particularly angry.

#8: A poster protesting capital punishment.

#9: A poster protesting jail.

#10: Several people standing around. Again, no one looks especially angry.

#11: Someone in an anti-gun jacket from behind, giving a high 5 to someone else.

#12: Someone wearing a flag as a cape, appears to be handing out pamphlets.

#13: Someone kneeling on the ground, reading a magazine. There is an empty coke bottle in front of him.

#14: A woman and man smiling. The woman is holding a bottle of something.

#15: A guy sitting on a bench with a phone.

#16: Two women standing, one holding a phone.

Doesn't look too tense to me. What's the issue?
#17: There were more then one group there.

#18: These other groups were not seeking any confrontation, many have a commitment of non-violence, but that did not stop police from shoving a girl almost to the ground, she was part of one of the groups that practiced non-violent.
No doubt she may have been black and blue from that shove she went flying but managed to keep her balance, it was a very violent shove, several of us did yell at the cops for doing this.

#19: There were enough people in the one group that was directly involved in the scuffles that if their whole group got involved it would have gotten ugly quickly.

#20: Police are known to get violent and out of control in these situations might start clubbing and arresting the peaceful non-violent protesters like that girl they practically shoved to the ground.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:20 PM

90,296 posts, read 120,998,172 times
"#20: Police are known to get violent and out of control in these situations might start clubbing and arresting the peaceful non-violent protesters like that girl they practically shoved to the ground."

This can happen in any situation. That does not support the OP. I do not see a clash.

I went to a meeting with my state legislators recently. Someone asked them about the protestors at the capital building. Once answered that this is a daily occurrence, and if she agrees with the protestors, she says, "I see there's a lot of support for this. . . . ". If she disagrees, she says "No one pays attention to these guys anyway".

Old 05-02-2013, 09:50 PM

1,347 posts, read 956,395 times
Quote:
I have nothing but the highest respect for what Code Pink does for peace and human rights around the globe, they are the real deal. I have gotten to know them quite well over the years.
Man, they are the f--king scum of the earth, THE biggest frauds and phonies - and I've said it to their face. They are lowlife liars who have zero respect from even other leftist groups.

On their web site they claim to be "against global militarism," yet not one word on their web site mentions Syria - not ONE WORD - or about iran.

Most of the bile there and their actions are against Israel with a smattering of anti-US items. I've humiliated their protestors at all kinds of events, from syria to iran protests, they have no clue and pretend to be a "human rights" group - but are nothing of the kind. They are a fake, and should be ostracised until they close their doors.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Geez,...if I'm a "liar" why is there a section on YOUR website giving terms and conditions about photos.
3. Sales Terms

Please refer to our Terms of Sale as set forth in Section C below for the additional terms, conditions and policies applicable to your purchase of Products through the Site. By ordering Products through the Site, you agree to be bound by and accept the Terms of Sale, which are a part of these Terms of Use.
terms of use

Hmmm........
Dig yourself a bigger hole, I guess you don't eat much fish or other products that suppose to improve your brain function.
If you click on any of my pictures and click on buy you will see the prices are about the same as if you went down to the drug store to have a copy of a picture made.
It is just a service the picture hosting site offers and I agree to let people buy my pictures at COST.
At cost means I make ZERO you pay just what that the photo lab charges to make you a print which is about the same if you went down to your local the drug store about $0.20 a print
There is an option that I can set my own price but as I say I do not charge. If I was charging I think my prints would charge more than 20 cents. like I said I get ZERO I am sure the photo lab must kick back a couple of cents per picture to the hosting site.
So your research work of my Smugmug account gets a big red F as in Failed

Old 05-02-2013, 10:28 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,970,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You are sounding like an idiot now. Capitalism consists of a cooperative web of every person involved in creating those things, you cannot say the men whose imagination, ingenuity, creativity and their personal risk which created the ideas and products, are not responsible for them. Like i said, this is the type of ignorance that we expect from the left.

By the way, the employee who sells his skills, knowledge and labor, is just as much a capitalist as his employer.
This is not taught in school these days.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies