Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do some gun proponents want to have shootout with the Federal Govt?
Yes 22 29.73%
No 39 52.70%
Not at all we are just enthusiastic! 8 10.81%
We are ready just try and take them! 5 6.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 05:16 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times

Advertisements

The only times I've ever shot at someone was when I was working for the Fed which was years ago, now I just want everyone to leave me the hell alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2013, 05:23 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,349 times
[quote=Colorado Rambler;29407829]And speaking of literacy, our great Southern writers such as Thomas Wolf, William Faulkner, F. Scott Fitzgerald, etc. are read everywhere else in the Country except in the South, where intelligence and education is regarded with suspicion.
quote]

This is the most ridiculous screed ever!! Intelligence and education regarded with suspicion? Such a blatant lie.

Come on down, Colorado, and be taught some manners.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:26 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
More like for every paranoid gun nut there are 1,000 naive liberals convinced in his/her superiority over everyone else. Remember the left says that 95% of the country wants gun control so there can't be that many "paranoid gun nuts" around, right?
Brilliant!

Old 05-04-2013, 05:53 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,398,524 times

Even better:

Hoffa predicts ‘civil war’ in Michigan – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Old 05-04-2013, 06:17 PM

57,284 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
More like for every paranoid gun nut there are 1,000 naive liberals convinced in his/her superiority over everyone else. Remember the left says that 95% of the country wants gun control so there can't be that many "paranoid gun nuts" around, right?
I am not sure anymore since I visited the thread "how many guns should a 5 year old have".

Old 05-04-2013, 09:02 PM

1,165 posts, read 1,515,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Survivalists aren't anti government, and they aren't preparing to start a war. They just plan to SURVIVE it when it happens. You are confusing survivalists with militants.

Theroux is a spin doctor who can make any belief seem ridiculous, rendering his works just as. He weeds out only the most insane fringe and calls it the norm for the bunch, all to sell his brand of snake oil. HE IS A CAPITALIST! I place him right next to Michael Moore on the loon scale.
What? Does Louis Theroux ever espouse anti-capitalistic rhetoric? If so, I've certainly missed that... I'm quite aware that Louis is a capitalist. Not sure what this has to do with anything. A lot of survivalists are paranoid people who wish to confirm their bias. If I'm not mistaken, there have been several incidents with these people who have started shootouts over routine things. You obviously have no seen the documentary, as Louis portrays the survivalists in a rather positive light and displays several who are not anti-government and befriends one of them who he keeps in touch with.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:03 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,323,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
This is sick. no one wants any kind of shootout.
Exactly.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:55 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Why do you hate freedom? Do you think we can't be free to denounce our citizenship and leave the country.
Don't dodge my question. Why must I leave? Why can't both of us live in the same country as we each see fit? Why does it have to be your way or the highway? I'm not forcing, nor am I asking you to live 'my way'. I just want to be free to live my way and be let alone. So again I ask, why do you hate freedom, comrade?

Old 05-04-2013, 11:03 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,577 times
LOL, all the anti gun *******s are voting Yes to wanting a shoot out with guns they don't have, and would likely have no idea which end to point at the target anyhow.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:24 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Don't dodge my question. Why must I leave? Why can't both of us live in the same country as we each see fit? Why does it have to be your way or the highway? I'm not forcing, nor am I asking you to live 'my way'. I just want to be free to live my way and be let alone. So again I ask, why do you hate freedom, comrade?
You are free to live your life the way you want to, you just have to pay taxes to enjoy that freedom. And to answer you question, I don't hate freedom. I enjoy the freedom to live anywhere I want in this country and the freedom to choose what I want to do in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies