Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do some gun proponents want to have shootout with the Federal Govt?
Yes 22 29.73%
No 39 52.70%
Not at all we are just enthusiastic! 8 10.81%
We are ready just try and take them! 5 6.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 09:40 AM

5,576 posts, read 8,003,060 times

Advertisements

Americans, and people of any country, should always be ready to defend themselves if necessary against anyone who would perpetrate crimes against them, be it a burglar, a soldier, a policeman, or a paid thug. Just because gun owners are ready to have a shootout with criminals if required does not mean that they want to have a shootout. That logic includes all criminals, be they lone wolves, from the Mafia, or from the government.

In the poll I voted "not at all we are just enthusiastic!" because I think some left-wingers here are misreading enthusiasm as a desire for violence. It should be noted that there has been enthusiasm on the other side as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2013, 09:58 AM

2,171 posts, read 1,460,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
At 61 years old, you are far from a warrior. You are a senior citizen.

Put your musket away before you hurt yourself and sit on your rocking chair.
for some reason i have a feeling hes in better shape than you. try leaving the basement every once in a while.

Last edited by chazk14; 05-06-2013 at 10:07 AM..

Old 05-06-2013, 10:02 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,245,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
You a fool.
Don't like the truth do you?

Old 05-06-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
You've just lost any credibility. Welcome to ignore.
Glad to be rid of you.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
I don't feel that they want to have an actual "shoot out" with the Feds as much as they want to emphasize what rights they feel that the Feds are trying to take from them. Perhaps they are just a tad overly eager to push that point across.
I think perhaps what they are forgetting to realize is that the Feds would allow the guns but not without a very thorough background check which I agree on. I live in CT and the whole Newtown thing hit so close to home. Those 20 little babies in that grammar school and the 6 adults as well didn't deserve what they got. Had someone looked into Adam Lanza's background and his Mom's background just a little bit closer, perhaps none of that would have happened.
I have had guns, fired guns and have hunted a little in the past. I am, of course, a Senior now and not too fond of much of that any longer. Would I shoot anyone who was trying to break into our home and harm us? I am afraid I would...after the Pit Bull we have got through with them, perhaps.
There has to be some sort of understanding on this whole issue just because of the fact that a real NUT CASE got ahold of a gun and committed a mass murder that will never be forgotten and has hurt numerous people to the core.
I say, everyone calm down and try to work together on this..something HAS TO be done!!
Good post but some around hear will knock you for saying it.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:15 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
At 61 years old, you are far from a warrior. You are a senior citizen.

Put your musket away before you hurt yourself and sit on your rocking chair.
Hey juan, I been out mountain climbing all winter. Want pictures?

My idea of a good time starts at -20 below.

You got one thing right though, I do own 2 muskets, but i also own 2 AK's, and more or other assorted things... like 2 Model 12 winchester shot guns, but one is in 16 gauge. Go figure?

I got more shot guns than 2... More hand guns than 2 in .22, and more hand guns in .45 acp than 2.

I got 2 motorcycles and just lots of things that can or should come in 2.
And right now I am on my 2nd wife, how's that for 2?

You send me another bad guy and that will be 2 ........

I have seen your silly notions of warriors. SWAT with all black gear is slower than death itself. They don't know jack.

But the gear isn't too bad once you split it up around friends. That way it isn't all black.

Thanks Virginia send more SWAT.........

I did help the Army when they were in my mountains playing war games. Was horse back riding in the rain when I found them cold and wandering aimlessly looking for shelter. This was from wet and from infrared. Not a problem and so I took them to a place where they could make a fire with no smoke and even my horse could come inside. Water to drink was everywhere..

I have spent my life doing this, so none of it is hard to do.

I go on tacticals for the French and Indian War still and the young bucks like to run with me. I don't need to carry stuff because I get it as I go.

I just guess it will be a while before I hang up my spurs. you ?

Old 05-06-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutnfancy View Post
I don't want any kind of shoot out, I also think that it would not end well for many people especially if the military stood with a tyrannical government. We who believe in the constitution never wanted or desired any conflict. What we are afraid of is if the government can not trust its people with guns, how can we trust the government. Why is it that the government can not trust us? Is there some reason they want to disarm America, other than to "keep us safe"?

You guitar playing Latte drinking idiots who think if we all just obey and believe the the Gov. will do what is right for us and have out best interest at heart are either stupid or naive or both. If you want to see how power works in Washington, watch House of Cards. If that does not make you want to own a few ARs your just a sheep that will one day be lead to the slaughter house.
The mil can't stand legally with a corrupt govt body. The best the gov can do legally is have Governors call out the National Guard.

The last time that happened we called it Kent State...

The Feds have plenty to FEAR. The fact that they have been bankrupt since 1933 and in a state of emergency should be plenty of FEAR enough.

Then after what was left of the Gold Std a sort of Silver Std that never really was... but ended in 1957 with the last buck stating 'Silver Certificate' google that if you don't believe me.

The next note was 'United States Note' which scared the pants off Congress because they were in direct line....... And so to make it appear like money was still real they changed that to Federal Reserve Note, which is just the name of the press and it has nothing to do with the Federal Govt period...

Of course so long as sheep remain sheep the govt doesn't fear..... On the other hand resources are getting tight....

Now I don't need to be told what happens in anycity USA when things go south and the population thinks they are not getting their fair share.

They call that Riots.

MY OWN SON in in the NG an officer. I know where his mind set is and it comes a bit closer to dear old Dad's than it does to the good governor on NH. She is just a pay check to him I am blood.

There is the OATH.... Poly Tics will tell you what they think you want to hear. Obama does that every day..

Poly under the old greek terms ends up as about plastic....... weak and bending..... Tics are just blood sucking leeches.... A good example is Obama.

i would get a great laugh if he called out the USA Military on it's own people. sons and daughters against their own families.... Obama would soon find himself tarred and feathered and run out of DC on a pole.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:34 AM

Oh yeah I voted NO........ The feds don't want a fight with 'We the People' They may have a lot of ammo, but they don't have the heart of the people or the numbers they need.

With no mil they wouldn't last 2 weeks. Somehow I just can't envision NOAA weather men running around with a 9mm hand gun anyway... The fatties at DHS and TSA groupers are not going to do very much either They will go about 3 hours before they need a meal.... after 6 cramps will stop them from doing anything more.

The Feds will need to be very careful about what they start with whom.... Shooting kids dogs, and defenseless females are about the best the feds can really do.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
for some reason i have a feeling hes in better shape than you. try leaving the basement every once in a while.
bank on it.........

This is a nice day in winter in NH

Old 05-06-2013, 10:40 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler
I certainly get that vibe. Many people around here seem to have a militia/survivalist mindset, love to spread conspiracy theories and think that compromise has no place in the democratic process - or at least, any compromise that might be asked of THEM. The other side can compromise EVERYTHING, and that's how it should be. Worst of all we have a POTUS who is a black man, and he actually had the audacity to win a second term. Talk about an uppity n-word! More than a few members of this forum are openly racist and this situation always is festering in their so-called brains.

Look at all the threads that appeared calling for secession in the wake of the November elections. There is a strong "coon hound" contingent here who get their world view from the Rush Limbaugh show and wouldn't recognize an impartial source of information if it was presented to them by the ghost of Robert E. Lee himself. These people feel ever more embattled as they watch the nation become more multi-racial and see systems of belief that run counter to their owr increasingly accepted by the rest of the country.

If all this weren't bad enough, the rise of the home schooling phenomenon has resulted in the blind leading the blind. Science is the work of the devil, math can be discarded for a $2 buck calculator, and literacy is irrelevant in the current age of electronics. Ayn Rand may be the goddess of libertarians and tea party types, but try to find a right winger who can even name her books, much less has read them. And speaking of literacy, our great Southern writers such as Thomas Wolf, William Faulkner, F. Scott Fitzgerald, etc. are read everywhere else in the Country except in the South, where intelligence and education is regarded with suspicion.

All of the above results in an enclave of fanatics, fearful of change, racist in outlook, and just itching to squeeze the trigger on a government that they feel is overly represented by the Blue States. Needless to say, if the Evil Government decided to clamp down on the American people, a few drones and a contingent or two of Navy Seals would do the job, but don't try to tell Bubba that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Beautifully written and explained!
And most definitely spot on.
The rantings of a progressive, disguised (poorly) as a moderate post is spot on? O'Brother
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies