Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do some gun proponents want to have shootout with the Federal Govt?
Yes 22 29.73%
No 39 52.70%
Not at all we are just enthusiastic! 8 10.81%
We are ready just try and take them! 5 6.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 10:14 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,464,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I have hunted since I was 6. I have owned guns since then as well, and am 61 now.

You and no one you know can stop me from hunting, hiking and camping as I please.
I start fire with a bow drill, can eat wild plants and game as i lease when I please and there is nothing you or anyone you know can do about it.

I assure you i don't own guns because i am in fear. Because I own guns there is nothing I fear.

If the government should pass any illegal laws concerning the 2nd is why we have guns.

That is what the govt should FEAR and it was built in to the CONS from the get go.

Just because you will surrender your Rights with no fight what so ever so you can graze like the sheep you are, doesn't mean everyone will.

I am not the enemy of the state, you are. You forget the Govt is here to serve us 'We the People' not the other way around.

I don't know why there is no ammo on the shelves these days but I know there is no ammo on the shelves.

I don't care that there is none as I bought all I will need in a life time a life time ago. Like I said there is no stopping me.

Maybe you should consider changing your user name to Juan so you could wake up and smell the coffee.

But no, like most *******s you have set out to prove past any doubt that you can not and will not understand a thing about your Rights, which you are all too willing to surrender.

The last time that happened was 1939.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 10:19 PM

19,023 posts, read 26,004,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Here is an example of the lunatic fringe, which is quite large amongst conservatives: In fact, for years now, the fringe (growing, not shrinking) is trying to further radicalize the base. In this they have been quite successful.

Gun Protesters Plan March On Washington With Loaded Rifles To 'Put The Government On Notice' | ThinkProgress
So who in your opinion follows this Adam Kokesh guy. I am an avid gun owner and i never heard of his name till you posted it.

If I were marching on DC with a loaded rifle i sure and hell would not submit to getting arrested.... There would be blood, but I am not marching on DC.

There is no need to march on DC. We already have them surrounded.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:21 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,552,203 times
the government not just federal----- is way too interesting in disarming select members of society. unfortunately gang bangers are not on the list.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:45 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,573,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you are saying you don't pay your taxes? I bet the IRS would have a field day with you.
I'm not quite ready to believe that you are as historically stupid as you appear to be. Publik Skewlin' is no excuse. One more time: Why do YOU hate freedom, comrade?

Old 05-06-2013, 12:10 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,162,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
If you doubt there is one, or think the problem is due to private citizens stocking up, simply take a trip to your local sporting supply retailer--like Cabelas or Kittery Trading Post or even WalMart. Call for the manager, or just ask the employees why they have no ammo for vast majority of currently owned-firearms. I did this 2 weeks ago at Cabelas (a huge retailer in Maine), and the man told me: "The manufacturers are required to fill federal orders first, and since last fall, there has been almost nothing left over. And the suppliers advise that nothing is going to change in the foreseeable future." Calls and emails to family members around the country confirm that the shortage is nationwide.
I've been hearing otherwise. On a forum I'm on that's dedicated to shooting, people are reporting that it's regional/local. In Las Vegas & Reno, stuff is scarce. In the rest of Nevada, it's not as much. People have also been reporting in from other states when they travel to visit family or whatever, and not only are they reporting availability of ammo, but also powder and primers, and at non-inflated prices.

Is ammo harder than normal to find right now? Sure. Is it some government conspiracy? Nah. It's mostly people creating scarcity because of concern about scarcity. And there is ammo online to be found, if you want to pay the prices they're asking. It's not like there's none to be had. Not only that, but prices are beginning to come down, and availability is starting to go up. I watch a lot of the online sites closely, as well as keeping an eye on backpage. The BP ads aren't going away - they just keep renewing, which means that these guys aren't selling their overpriced stuff anymore. The stuff showing up at WalMart is hanging around a bit longer before being sold. It's still selling out, but not quite as fast.

It's slow, but the improvement is there.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:26 AM

1,127 posts, read 905,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
I have hunted since I was 6. I have owned guns since then as well, and am 61 now.

You and no one you know can stop me from hunting, hiking and camping as I please.
I start fire with a bow drill, can eat wild plants and game as i lease when I please and there is nothing you or anyone you know can do about it.

I assure you i don't own guns because i am in fear. Because I own guns there is nothing I fear.

If the government should pass any illegal laws concerning the 2nd is why we have guns.

That is what the govt should FEAR and it was built in to the CONS from the get go.

Just because you will surrender your Rights with no fight what so ever so you can graze like the sheep you are, doesn't mean everyone will.

I am not the enemy of the state, you are. You forget the Govt is here to serve us 'We the People' not the other way around.

I don't know why there is no ammo on the shelves these days but I know there is no ammo on the shelves.

I don't care that there is none as I bought all I will need in a life time a life time ago. Like I said there is no stopping me.

Maybe you should consider changing your user name to Juan so you could wake up and smell the coffee.

But no, like most *******s you have set out to prove past any doubt that you can not and will not understand a thing about your Rights, which you are all too willing to surrender.

The last time that happened was 1939.
At 61 years old, you are far from a warrior. You are a senior citizen.

Put your musket away before you hurt yourself and sit on your rocking chair.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:16 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,573,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
At 61 years old, you are far from a warrior. You are a senior citizen.

Put your musket away before you hurt yourself and sit on your rocking chair.
Mind your manners, JGG. Have you never heard: "Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill."?

Old 05-06-2013, 04:59 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,256,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
I'm not quite ready to believe that you are as historically stupid as you appear to be. Publik Skewlin' is no excuse. One more time: Why do YOU hate freedom, comrade?
One my time, why are you a tax dogger? And why do you keep calling me comrade? Are you Russian?

Old 05-06-2013, 05:16 AM

382 posts, read 590,340 times
I don't want any kind of shoot out, I also think that it would not end well for many people especially if the military stood with a tyrannical government. We who believe in the constitution never wanted or desired any conflict. What we are afraid of is if the government can not trust its people with guns, how can we trust the government. Why is it that the government can not trust us? Is there some reason they want to disarm America, other than to "keep us safe"?

You guitar playing Latte drinking idiots who think if we all just obey and believe the the Gov. will do what is right for us and have out best interest at heart are either stupid or naive or both. If you want to see how power works in Washington, watch House of Cards. If that does not make you want to own a few ARs your just a sheep that will one day be lead to the slaughter house.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:23 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,271,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
So much ferocity in some posters give me the feeling they are just itching to have shoot out with the Feds. Does anyone else around here get those vibes?
I don't feel that they want to have an actual "shoot out" with the Feds as much as they want to emphasize what rights they feel that the Feds are trying to take from them. Perhaps they are just a tad overly eager to push that point across.
I think perhaps what they are forgetting to realize is that the Feds would allow the guns but not without a very thorough background check which I agree on. I live in CT and the whole Newtown thing hit so close to home. Those 20 little babies in that grammar school and the 6 adults as well didn't deserve what they got. Had someone looked into Adam Lanza's background and his Mom's background just a little bit closer, perhaps none of that would have happened.
I have had guns, fired guns and have hunted a little in the past. I am, of course, a Senior now and not too fond of much of that any longer. Would I shoot anyone who was trying to break into our home and harm us? I am afraid I would...after the Pit Bull we have got through with them, perhaps.
There has to be some sort of understanding on this whole issue just because of the fact that a real NUT CASE got ahold of a gun and committed a mass murder that will never be forgotten and has hurt numerous people to the core.
I say, everyone calm down and try to work together on this..something HAS TO be done!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies