Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do some gun proponents want to have shootout with the Federal Govt?
Yes 22 29.73%
No 39 52.70%
Not at all we are just enthusiastic! 8 10.81%
We are ready just try and take them! 5 6.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 06:26 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,233,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
LOL, all the anti gun *******s are voting Yes to wanting a shoot out with guns they don't have, and would likely have no idea which end to point at the target anyhow.
The question isn't "do you want to" but many of us think the gun nuts on here want to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 03:59 PM

1,290 posts, read 2,571,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
You are free to live your life the way you want to, you just have to pay taxes to enjoy that freedom. And to answer you question, I don't hate freedom. I enjoy the freedom to live anywhere I want in this country and the freedom to choose what I want to do in life.
Your freedom may be granted by government. Mine is not. It requires no tax dollars to leave me alone. You don't hate freedom because you have no idea how to define it, yet are more than happy to pay a duty to the state because you think you are free, and that the state grants and protects your freedom. You do hate freedom if it is anyone's definition but yours. Thank you, comrade.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:17 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,917,609 times
They have delusions of killing everyone they don't like and then rising, Lord of the Flies style, from the ashes. The reality is they'd either wet themselves and hide or they'd get shot by the cops in the first 10 minutes of their "uprising".

Old 05-05-2013, 04:26 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,596,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
So much ferocity in some posters give me the feeling they are just itching to have shoot out with the Feds. Does anyone else around here get those vibes?
You a fool.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:57 PM

22,673 posts, read 24,647,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
They have delusions of killing everyone they don't like and then rising, Lord of the Flies style, from the ashes. The reality is they'd either wet themselves and hide or they'd get shot by the cops in the first 10 minutes of their "uprising".

OR....pull off horrible attacks on a regular basis, like the Boston Bombers or Nidal "Jihad" Hasan.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:12 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,233,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Your freedom may be granted by government. Mine is not. It requires no tax dollars to leave me alone. You don't hate freedom because you have no idea how to define it, yet are more than happy to pay a duty to the state because you think you are free, and that the state grants and protects your freedom. You do hate freedom if it is anyone's definition but yours. Thank you, comrade.
So you are saying you don't pay your taxes? I bet the IRS would have a field day with you.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:35 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,525,766 times
Quote:
So much ferocity in some posters give me the feeling they are just itching to have shoot out with the Feds. Does anyone else around here get those vibes?
You've just lost any credibility. Welcome to ignore.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:39 PM

16,647 posts, read 8,660,601 times
Quote:
I have not read a single reply nor participated in your ill conceived poll(no personal offense intended).

I certainly do not speak for all or even most gun owners as they run the gamut from (D's) to (R's) and everything in between. Furthermore, despite the media trying to portray all gun owners as white Christian male nut bags, every race, gender, sexual orientation, and other diverse group is represented among legal gun owners in this country.

I believe many people who bring up the 2A as an intended means of defending against the tyranny of a government run amok, has no hope or desire to alter their lives or possibly lose their lives with a showdown.

Yet just as people who channel Voiture on 1st Amendment issues are seen as noble, so to do defenders of the 2nd Amendment want to make sure we do not weaken the 2A today, which will lead to it's destruction in the future.

For people who have not studied history of societies who have been around a lot longer than America, it is easy in todays modern society to scoff at the notion of a constitutional showdown. Yet if the powers that be are making strategic moves today (like a chess game), to eviscerate the foundation of the Constitution down the road, knowledgeable people will speak up to try to wake up the apathetic and/or ignorant.

If you or anyone else has any serious doubts, read the Federalists Papers for yourself to see exactly what the Founding Fathers intended when ratifying the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:07 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,553,487 times
Here is an example of the lunatic fringe, which is quite large amongst conservatives: In fact, for years now, the fringe (growing, not shrinking) is trying to further radicalize the base. In this they have been quite successful.

Gun Protesters Plan March On Washington With Loaded Rifles To 'Put The Government On Notice' | ThinkProgress

Old 05-05-2013, 10:08 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,990,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolly Green Giant View Post
They are all talk, in the end most of them are frightened, that's why they have guns in the first place.
I have hunted since I was 6. I have owned guns since then as well, and am 61 now.

You and no one you know can stop me from hunting, hiking and camping as I please.
I start fire with a bow drill, can eat wild plants and game as i lease when I please and there is nothing you or anyone you know can do about it.

I assure you i don't own guns because i am in fear. Because I own guns there is nothing I fear.

If the government should pass any illegal laws concerning the 2nd is why we have guns.

That is what the govt should FEAR and it was built in to the CONS from the get go.

Just because you will surrender your Rights with no fight what so ever so you can graze like the sheep you are, doesn't mean everyone will.

I am not the enemy of the state, you are. You forget the Govt is here to serve us 'We the People' not the other way around.

I don't know why there is no ammo on the shelves these days but I know there is no ammo on the shelves.

I don't care that there is none as I bought all I will need in a life time a life time ago. Like I said there is no stopping me.

Maybe you should consider changing your user name to Juan so you could wake up and smell the coffee.

But no, like most *******s you have set out to prove past any doubt that you can not and will not understand a thing about your Rights, which you are all too willing to surrender.

The last time that happened was 1939.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies