Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 01:40 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times

Advertisements

I do think that Limbaugh has lost a lot of his edge compared to 20 years ago. I still like listening sometimes, but it's no longer 'must listen.' He tends to make the same points over and over, and to go off on lengthy non-political tangents (e.g. football, golf) that can be boring to me.

The good news is that I've found several up-and-coming radio talk shows that I like. Andy Dean only 32 yrs old, is very good. Also I like a guy named Todd Schnitt out of Tampa, FL. Can only get him on-line right now. He was on a local station for a while but they decided to drop him.
The Schnitt Show - The Schnitt Show

Old 05-06-2013, 01:41 PM

1,127 posts, read 904,028 times
Maybe he's planning on running for President in 2016.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:41 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
I hope not, the hilarious irony of the GOP claiming the title of the party of family values and defenders of the sanctity of marriage having as their de facto leader a man that is a drug addict and multiple divorcee is just to good to see go.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:43 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Thanks for a great example of Limbaugh Derangement Syndrome (the other LDS). Presumably you think that Pres. Obama should also have gone to jail over his youthful drug use.

When Limbaugh does leave the scene, we will need a replacement outlet against which lefty derangement sufferers can froth and rage. W Bush is pretty much off the scene (and skyrocketing in popularity). Palin is mostly under the radar now. Without Limbaugh as a kind of Great Lighthouse for these moonbats, there's no telling what danger they might fly themselves into.
great post. i lol'd

Old 05-06-2013, 01:45 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpa Pipes View Post
Could be since his big mouth finally sunk his ship...........

'"Rush Limbaugh may not renew his contract with the Cumulus Media in response to repeated criticism from the network’s CEO over Limbaugh’s offensive comments about Sandra Fluke, which allegedly lost the company millions of dollars in advertising revenue."

Rush Limbaugh may leave radio network over advertising fallout - Salon.com
The company that owns distrobution rights to his and Hannity's show has purchased the other major New York AM station (Cumulus owns WABC) and is set to move Rush there in case of a split with Cumulus. He isnt going anywhere.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:45 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Whether or not we've seen or heard the last of Limbaugh, I'm just glad to find out that there were repercussions for his behavior.

He's a despicable and vile excuse for a human being and I fluctuate between wanting him GONE and wanting him to continue to be a representative of the republican party.

Honestly, his fat ass should have ended up in jail for his doctor shopping and sending his housekeeper out to score illegal drugs for him.
Repercussions yes, but I hope he stays, clings on, he helps democrats more than anyone does.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:48 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
He's the boss, the head, the spiritual and defacto titular leader of the Republican party. He is the singular most powerful Republican personality in the last 25 years ...and it ain't even close. Rush can call any and every Repub politician on the carpet, and they'd BETTER show up full of contrition with their hats in hand. Michael Steele found out what its like to get pimp smacked...its a lesson he won't soon forget.

Liberals may as well hang it up. Rush is brilliant at what he does, and he ain't going NOWHERE! Ever.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:52 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He's the boss, the head, the spiritual and defacto titular leader of the Republican party. He is the singular most powerful Republican personality in the last 25 years ...and it ain't even close. Rush can call any and every Repub politician on the carpet, and they'd BETTER show up full of contrition with their hats in hand. Michael Steele found out what its like to get pimp smacked...its a lesson he won't soon forget.

Liberals may as well hang it up. Rush is brilliant at what he does, and he ain't going NOWHERE! Ever.
These websites list Limbaughs sponsors, boycott them if you wish.
Boycott Rush Limbaugh and his advertisers and sponsors

StopRush: Rush Limbaugh Sponsor List

Old 05-06-2013, 01:53 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
These websites list Limbaughs sponsors, boycott them if you wish.
Boycott Rush Limbaugh and his advertisers and sponsors

StopRush: Rush Limbaugh Sponsor List
thank you I will be sure to use these products and let them know I am doing so because of their Limbaugh support!

Old 05-06-2013, 01:57 PM

1,127 posts, read 904,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

If Republicanism were a religion, Reagan would be Jesus Christ and Limbaugh would be the Virgin Mary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies