Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 01:04 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,788,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Whether or not we've seen or heard the last of Limbaugh, I'm just glad to find out that there were repercussions for his behavior.

He's a despicable and vile excuse for a human being and I fluctuate between wanting him GONE and wanting him to continue to be a representative of the republican party.

Honestly, his fat ass should have ended up in jail for his doctor shopping and sending his housekeeper out to score illegal drugs for him.
TRANSLATION: I can't refute any of Limbaugh's points, but I hate them anyway. So I'll attack the messenger instead, call him names, smear him, and hope somebody will believe me instead of him.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:05 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times
KEWL! There is MANY a radio talk show network that would LOVE to have limbaugh AND all the advertizing dollars he brings with him!

Old 05-06-2013, 01:06 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,823,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Sure you did.
why would i lie?

Is it so hard to believe the republicans of the last decade have caused me, and others, to change their minds?

Old 05-06-2013, 01:08 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,463,489 times
he should have a tv show. his co-host can be alex jones.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:11 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
meh, there's always another radio gig for limpy.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:13 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Still none of the leftist fanatics have noticed that the original article is about Limbaugh moving from one groups of stations to another? And has nothing to do with "leaving talk radio"?

These people are getting desperate.
You're not understanding the issues around this either, so I wouldn't be calling anyone else a "fanatic." Clear Channel is the biggest media group in the US, with Cumulus coming in a close second. They dominate the market. I can't see any evidence that he's leaving Clear Channel--he still has three years on his contract--but if he leaves Cumulus, he's walking away from a group that has nearly half the market segment. If he moves to another group it will be a very small player in media by comparison. It means that he's giving up pretty much half of his big stations.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:21 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,369,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Whether or not we've seen or heard the last of Limbaugh, I'm just glad to find out that there were repercussions for his behavior.

He's a despicable and vile excuse for a human being and I fluctuate between wanting him GONE and wanting him to continue to be a representative of the republican party.

Honestly, his fat ass should have ended up in jail for his doctor shopping and sending his housekeeper out to score illegal drugs for him.

Thanks for a great example of Limbaugh Derangement Syndrome (the other LDS). Presumably you think that Pres. Obama should also have gone to jail over his youthful drug use.

When Limbaugh does leave the scene, we will need a replacement outlet against which lefty derangement sufferers can froth and rage. W Bush is pretty much off the scene (and skyrocketing in popularity). Palin is mostly under the radar now. Without Limbaugh as a kind of Great Lighthouse for these moonbats, there's no telling what danger they might fly themselves into.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:21 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Ratings are all that matters. The man has so many liberals listening to him to try and catch him in a "gotcha" moment they don't even realize they are the ones keeping his bank account full and the airwaves live.
That can't be it. To hear tell, liberals are all on welfare and food stamps, they don't have any money to buy the products advertised on his shows, nor would they want to. Liberals don't buy gold or diapers for incontinence or hearing aids, etc.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:32 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You're not understanding the issues around this either, so I wouldn't be calling anyone else a "fanatic." Clear Channel is the biggest media group in the US, with Cumulus coming in a close second. They dominate the market. I can't see any evidence that he's leaving Clear Channel--he still has three years on his contract--but if he leaves Cumulus, he's walking away from a group that has nearly half the market segment. If he moves to another group it will be a very small player in media by comparison. It means that he's giving up pretty much half of his big stations.
and what you are forgetting is that limbaugh fans will find him regardless of where he goes. and when that happens, those smaller radio stations and networks will see a substantial increase in listenership. at the same time cumulus will see a substantial decrease in listenership.

it never ceases to amaze me that liberals are always complaining about restrictions on freedom of speech, and then turn around and want people like limbaugh off the air.

Old 05-06-2013, 01:37 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
and what you are forgetting is that limbaugh fans will find him regardless of where he goes. and when that happens, those smaller radio stations and networks will see a substantial increase in listenership. at the same time cumulus will see a substantial decrease in listenership.

it never ceases to amaze me that liberals are always complaining about restrictions on freedom of speech, and then turn around and want people like limbaugh off the air.
Truth is liberals don't like him. Never have, never will. They wish the over-inflated gas bag would stay away from the party but he always shows up anyway. Because of the first amendment, he get's to stay and there's nothing they can do about it. Sometimes freedom is a bi#$h.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies