Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 09:21 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,117,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I don't think you understand natural selection.
Hello, survival of the fittest. The weak should perish, look at the animal world.
We are weakening our species.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:22 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
It was a very courageous decision that she made, and probably even more so considering the industry that she's in that tends to focus on "perfection."

I lost my mother to cancer (brain - 42 years ago yesterday), and my brother 2 1/2 years ago to pancreatic cancer, and anytime someone can beat that horrible disease by any measure available is a good thing.

Hopefully Angelina will live a long life and will live long enough to see her grandchildren (my own mother didn't).

Maybe a dumb question, but since the diagnosis also included a higher risk of ovarian cancer, would ovary removal also be an option?
She has said that, that is the next step. Doctors only recommend ovary removal after the age of 40.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:24 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
Hello, survival of the fittest. The weak should perish, look at the animal world.
We are weakening our species.
Remember that when you need a doctor.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:30 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
She has said that, that is the next step. Doctors only recommend ovary removal after the age of 40.
Oh, ok. I hadn't seen that yet.

So, another three plus years or so.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:28 AM

15,093 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
Angelena (as a preventative measure).
Thoughts?
Yes, the first thought that comes to mind is .... more evidence that the planet is becoming one gigantic insane asylum, with smaller numbers able to form a rational thought, or behave in a rational manner.

Now it is preemptive surgery, because of a claim that a gene mutation is present, increasing the risks of cancer? This is pure craziness, to an extent that words fail to adequately describe. This medical establishment understands about genetics as much as astronomers understand about black holes, which isn't very much.

The truth about cancer in it's many forms, and the numerous cures and preventive measures available has been deliberately covered up by this medical mafia, in support of it's very costly and ineffective and invasive treatments that generate hundreds of billions of dollars annually.

That's no longer good enough apparently ... now these medical terrorists are attempting to convince the sheep to start cutting off body parts BEFORE there is a problem? And Baaaaaa .... this is now considered courageous and smart? People that buy into this insanity ... you all are OFF YOUR ROCKERS.

The underlying reality is, nobody really knows if this "actress" really had her breasts chopped off or not ... do you? Of course you don't. She's claiming to have had this done, and also claims to have already undergone the reconstruction surgery too. And they do such wonderful jobs these days with the advancements in these types of surgeries ... they can make them look brand new and real! Really

And of course, this is headline news on CNN .... with so many other important issues being swept aside?

I swear to God .... this has become the United States of Idiots. That's what I think.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Yes, the first thought that comes to mind is .... more evidence that the planet is becoming one gigantic insane asylum, with smaller numbers able to form a rational thought, or behave in a rational manner.

Now it is preemptive surgery, because of a claim that a gene mutation is present, increasing the risks of cancer? This is pure craziness, to an extent that words fail to adequately describe. This medical establishment understands about genetics as much as astronomers understand about black holes, which isn't very much.

The truth about cancer in it's many forms, and the numerous cures and preventive measures available has been deliberately covered up by this medical mafia, in support of it's very costly and ineffective and invasive treatments that generate hundreds of billions of dollars annually.

That's no longer good enough apparently ... now these medical terrorists are attempting to convince the sheep to start cutting off body parts BEFORE there is a problem? And Baaaaaa .... this is now considered courageous and smart? People that buy into this insanity ... you all are OFF YOUR ROCKERS.

The underlying reality is, nobody really knows if this "actress" really had her breasts chopped off or not ... do you? Of course you don't. She's claiming to have had this done, and also claims to have already undergone the reconstruction surgery too. And they do such wonderful jobs these days with the advancements in these types of surgeries ... they can make them look brand new and real! Really

And of course, this is headline news on CNN .... with so many other important issues being swept aside?

I swear to God .... this has become the United States of Idiots. That's what I think.
I totally agree.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:34 AM

15,093 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
It was a very courageous decision that she made, and probably even more so considering the industry that she's in that tends to focus on "perfection."

I lost my mother to cancer (brain - 42 years ago yesterday), and my brother 2 1/2 years ago to pancreatic cancer, and anytime someone can beat that horrible disease by any measure available is a good thing.

Hopefully Angelina will live a long life and will live long enough to see her grandchildren (my own mother didn't).

Maybe a dumb question, but since the diagnosis also included a higher risk of ovarian cancer, would ovary removal also be an option?

And what if the "diagnosis" of this particular genetic abnormality was associated with brain cancer? Should those affected preemptively have their brains removed too? I vote yes, since anyone that thinks such preemptive surgery is anything other than pure off-the-hook insanity isn't using their brain anyway, so they might as well error on the side of better safe than sorry.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:36 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

So this is your opinion as a physician, geneticist, oncologist, even just a plain old scientist? Or is it just your regular old rant of the day?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-15-2013 at 06:36 PM.. Reason: insult

Old 05-14-2013, 10:39 AM

One in 8 will get cancer. Don't take a chance, better lop them off.
U.S. Breast Cancer Statistics

Old 05-14-2013, 10:41 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Very tough decision. I would probably go the same route.

Last edited by fitzy24; 05-14-2013 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: already answered
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies