Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2013, 10:23 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,072,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yes. I have been to Canada. People being similar does not equal laws being the same.

It doesn't upset me, it just boggles the mind. Seriously. Holy cow. I wonder if you're just being a T word at this point to get responses? Nobody can be that ignorant. Seriously nobody.
I never said Canada and the US have equal laws. I said that if Canadians overwhelmingly divorce early in the marriage, then Americans are likely to do the same.

I don't see why Americans should be totally different. The reasons why marriages fail in Canada or the US are approximately the same.

Yes somebody can be this ignorant. You are.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:25 PM

1,450 posts, read 1,898,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
I never said Canada and the US have equal laws. I said that if Canadians overwhelmingly divorce early in the marriage, then Americans are likely to do the same.

I don't see why Americans should be totally different. The reasons why marriages fail in Canada or the US are approximately the same.

Yes somebody can be this ignorant. You are.

Why are you so concerned about the US when these issues don't affect you?

Did you hang around a lot of bitter Americans when you were here?

Old 05-17-2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkspur123 View Post

I can talk about whatever I like.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:27 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoalimony View Post
Do you have sympathy for the guy's wife? She was married to him for 12 years. He had no idea he had a child, and of course, neither did she. They have struggled financially all along, because they have a special needs child together. Now that they were hit with the $1200/mo forever garnishment, they decided it was better to divorce so that he will be ordered to pay child support to their special needs child. They had nothing left over for the special needs child at the end of the month after the garnishment. If they divorce, the $1200/mo to the adult child will be reduced because he now has two child support payments, and there will be more money for their special needs child together. Also, she will be eligible for a ton of public assistance as a "single mom", even though they will continue living together just as before in the same house, with the special needs child.

It is our crazed laws that cause people to have to make these choices.
Yes I do feel for her but I can't help but wonder if this guy knew and figured the kid was grown up so he wasn't liable. Now if the mom never told him that was wrong.

Btw I am not sure I asked before but have you heard of the cases where a new spouse is often stuck paying alimony? I was stunned and horrified to realize if I married a man paying child support or alimony they could go after me and if say he lost his job I could be liable. Creepy.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:28 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Quote:

In fact, he's so intensely concerned that he seems to keep U.S time while posting.

Now THAT'S committed to a cause.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
I can talk about whatever I like.

You like talking about these topics?

Old 05-17-2013, 10:32 PM

599 posts, read 953,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Yes I do feel for her but I can't help but wonder if this guy knew and figured the kid was grown up so he wasn't liable. Now if the mom never told him that was wrong.

Btw I am not sure I asked before but have you heard of the cases where a new spouse is often stuck paying alimony? I was stunned and horrified to realize if I married a man paying child support or alimony they could go after me and if say he lost his job I could be liable. Creepy.

If you ever marry a man who has ever screwed a woman, you can essentially be forced to pay child support for whatever child was produced, just like this woman was. Even if he honestly tells you he doesn't have any kids, child support can happen, because maybe he doesn't know of a child he fathered.

I guess your prospects are now limited to gay guys, or both 40 year old virgins still available.

Welcome to Family Law, USA, 2013. But its for the children, you know.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
You like talking about these topics?
Yeah, I find it interesting. I like debating in general. Normally I will find a topic interesting for a while, and then I will lose interest.

And I am so thick skinned that JerZ personal attacks do not affect me.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoalimony View Post
If you ever marry a man who has ever screwed a woman, you can essentially be forced to pay child support for whatever child was produced, just like this woman was. Even if he honestly tells you he doesn't have any kids, child support can happen, because maybe he doesn't know of a child he fathered.

I guess your prospects are now limited to gay guys, or both 40 year old virgins still available.

Welcome to Family Law, USA, 2013. But its for the children, you know.

Well to be fair any guy that has ever had intercourse without a condom has put himself deliberately in the position of fathering a child.

If you are a guy and you can 100% say you you've used a condom 100% of the time, then there I'd have more sympathy.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:39 PM

599 posts, read 953,360 times
Quote:
Well to be fair any guy that has ever had intercourse without a condom has put himself deliberately in the position of fathering a child.

If you are a guy and you can 100% say you you've used a condom 100% of the time, then there I'd have more sympathy.
So women have no responsibility in becoming pregnant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies